LastPass security incident

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
An unauthorized party gained access to a third-party cloud-based storage service, which LastPass uses to store archived backups of production data

Source: *blog.lastpass.com/2022/12/notice-of-recent-security-incident/

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I deleted my account before migrating to bitwarden, several months ago. I hope it is actual deletion and not "soft" delete.
I always mail them for deletion of account and data on their server.

When I was organising all email IDs, I tried this mailing method for 10+ websites for deletion. Respective website's customer service replied to all mails and many of them replied that we can't delete data on server, not possible to delete, it gets automatically deleted after a certain time, we deleted your data.

Don't know if they've deleted it or not, but later I tried checking forgot the username/email feature on their website.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Fortunately I never trusted Lastpass. Self hosted witwarden is the only safe way to go, apart from memorization.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Been using Bitwarden after lastpass was acquired by LogMeIn. Not surprised to be honest. Glad I made the switch.

Incase, anyone still hasn't switched, I hope you switch over

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can export your database in JSON format and re-import it later. Alternately, if you are self-hosting, just backup the database files.

Top Bottom