Is Kingston NV1 SSD better investment than HDD?

monkey

Padawan
I am planning to add storage for loading games. I am looking for 2TB drive. Is Kingston NV1 good as gaming drive as compared to conventional HDDs?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Any SSD be it even SATA one, and not NVMe is better than the dreaded HDDs.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
never heard of Team group. So Kingston will be my preference. Although I personally use Samsung Evo and Crucial in that order.

DestGod

Journeyman
Which SD should I go for - Kingston of TeamGroup? Need a cheap but reliable gaming SSD.
Teamgroup is a good brand, but they don't sell much SSDs here. Some good PCIe 3.0 SSDs are Samsung 980 and WD SN570, but your budget, usage and storage capacity requirements would help choosing one.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I want the cheapest SSD which can get the job done. Kingston is for around 12.5k while Teamgroup is for around 15.5k. I will be using it on PCIe 3.0 lane and hence avoiding paying premium for PCIe 4.0 SSDs. I saw some online retailers selling Teamgroup SSDs in India but I am not sure if the company is officially represented in India.

DestGod

Journeyman
I want the cheapest SSD which can get the job done. Kingston is for around 12.5k while Teamgroup is for around 15.5k. I will be using it on PCIe 3.0 lane and hence avoiding paying premium for PCIe 4.0 SSDs. I saw some online retailers selling Teamgroup SSDs in India but I am not sure if the company is officially represented in India.
WD SN570 costs 15.8k. Get that or the Crucial P2 for 13.8k. P2 has a 600 TBW endurance while the SN570 has 900 TBW (not that it matters much), and the P2's sequential speeds are slower (again, not that it matters irl).

Last edited:
OP
M

monkey

Padawan
WD SN570 costs 15.8k. Get that or the Crucial P2 for 13.8k. P2 has a 600 TBW endurance while the SN570 has 900 TBW (not that it matters much), and the P2's sequential speeds are slower (again, not that it matters irl).
Where are you getting P2 for 13.8k? Also, I am unable to find SN570 with capacity >1TB...

DestGod

Journeyman
Where are you getting P2 for 13.8k? Also, I am unable to find SN570 with capacity >1TB...
P2- *www.theitdepot.com/details-Crucial+P2+2TB+PCIe+M.2+SSD+(CT2000P2SSD8)_C93P34881.html

SN570- *www.theitdepot.com/details-Western...olid+State+Drive+(WDS200T3B0C)_C93P36826.html

Top Bottom