Recommend a PC Config based on 5950x budget within 2 lakhs

billamama

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Want to Run aftereffect, Premiere Pro, Blender, 3Dsmax, Animate, Photoshop & CorelDraw

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: <2 lakhs

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win-10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Right Now I've 4 separate Drives (1 HDD, 3 SSDs) for Media, Project & Cache.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No, My Syncmaster 2033 is still going well.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD, SSD (but want to buy a nvme ssd)
GPU, (right now working with a low end gt 710 2gb),
PSU (VS450 & CV650 from previous build),
Tablet (Intous Draw CTL490)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I'll do it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Near Kolkata, Yes, Yes

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: looking for a buld based on 5950x

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
There are no graphic cards to build a pc right now. Maybe quadros but no rtx.
Are you ok with quadros?

Fill the questionnaire & update first post:
Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

Quadro is fine for productivity tasks, but bad for gaming.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
You can check with rashi if they are accepting orders for the rtx cards. They have stopped flash sales and are selling 1pc per person based on wait list. So unless we know how many months this wait list has been running for nothing concrete can be said.
Rtx 3080 is 62k and quadro rtx 4000 is above 70k.
Since both have 8gb vram 3080 makes more sense being the cheaper option.

You can check with rashi if they are accepting orders for the rtx cards. They have stopped flash sales and are selling 1pc per person based on wait list. So unless we know how many months this wait list has been running for nothing concrete can be said.
Rtx 3080 is 62k and quadro rtx 4000 is above 70k.
Since both have 8gb vram 3080 makes more sense being the cheaper option.
RTX 3080 FE is almost impossible to get at this point. 3070Ti FE & 3080Ti FE have better chances, still few months of wait

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Contact rashi peripherals and ask them about both rtx 3000 and rtx quadro cards first.
Ryzen 5000 rigs cannot be configured without gpu unless you go for 5700g.

If you can increase your budget why don't consider the m1 pro and m1 max mac book pro?

CPU - AMD R9 5950X - 63k

CPU Cooler - Deepcool Gamerstorm Assassin III - 7.2k

Mobo - MSI X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi - 24.7k (Non max is 2k cheaper)

RAM - 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18 - 12k

GPU - Your GT 710 (maybe 3070Ti FE for 53k)

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000/WD SN550 1TB NVMe - 9k

HDD - None

PSU - NZXT C750 - 9k (can use CV650 for now & buy PSU later with GPU)

Cabinet - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - 8.2k

Monitor - LG 27UL650 - 33k

Total - 166.1k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores) for PC parts at a good price. Some parts have such low prices on amazon during sales as well.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
CPU - AMD R9 5950X - 63k

CPU Cooler - Deepcool Gamerstorm Assassin III - 7.2k

Mobo - MSI X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi - 24.7k (Non max is 2k cheaper)

RAM - 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18 - 12k

GPU - Your GT 710 (maybe 3070Ti FE for 53k)

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000/WD SN550 1TB NVMe - 9k

HDD - None

PSU - NZXT C750 - 9k (can use CV650 for now & buy PSU later with GPU)

Cabinet - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - 8.2k

Monitor - LG 27UL650 - 33k

Total - 166.1k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores) for PC parts at a good price. Some parts have such low prices on amazon during sales as well.
for the time being, could I use Antec A30 CPU Cooler & Corsair Spec-1 cabinet from my previous build? forgot to mention in the questionnaire.
*www.amazon.in/Antec-Cpu-Cooler-Fan-Compatible/dp/B01HLAHDWE/ref=sr_1_1 hvadid=73186319301340&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvqmt=p&keywords=antec+a30+cpu+cooler&qid=1638963753&sr=8-1
*mdcomputers.in/corsair-mid-tower-spec-1-red-cc-9011050-ww.html

for the time being, could I use Antec A30 CPU Cooler & Corsair Spec-1 cabinet from my previous build? forgot to mention in the questionnaire.
*www.amazon.in/Antec-Cpu-Cooler-Fan-Compatible/dp/B01HLAHDWE/ref=sr_1_1 hvadid=73186319301340&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvqmt=p&keywords=antec+a30+cpu+cooler&qid=1638963753&sr=8-1
*mdcomputers.in/corsair-mid-tower-spec-1-red-cc-9011050-ww.html
For the time being yes. 5950X doesn't come with a box cooler & that A30 will melt when 5950X is on full load :p

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*rptechindia.in/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-ti.html
Everything is out of stock right now so might as well enquire about 3080 too.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
3080, 3070, 3060Ti has long waiting queues. 3080Ti, 3070Ti and 3060 has shorter waiting queues since they launched latest. Enquire about all the cards you think will be fine for your setup. You might get reply from RPTech for any card you inquired about.

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Graphic cards won't be available in shops at right prices anytime soon. Contact rptech now so that you get your card fast. It is a wait list system so the more you delay to book your slot the longer it will take to get hold of a card. They have a rule that 1 person can buy only one card though they are selling at the price its meant to be.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Graphic cards won't be available in shops at right prices anytime soon. Contact rptech now so that you get your card fast. It is a wait list system so the more you delay to book your slot the longer it will take to get hold of a card. They have a rule that 1 person can buy only one card though they are selling at the price its meant to be.
ok

Top Bottom