Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Get ssd, this .NET Runtime Optimization Service usually runs after any windows 10 system update & on a hdd it is painfully slow. There is no way to avoid it unless you completely disable windows updates.
@Desmond Just noticed you changed your username.
Agreeably true. But my other PC-Desktop that runs Windows 10 (64-bit) Pro on another HDD,is way much faster than this PC.
The BIOS is also set to UEFI.
I saw this decrease in performance of Windows 10 only on the previous aforementioned PC-Desktop, after I had changed the motherboard.
Any take on the motherboard issue,Friend?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreeably true. But my other PC-Desktop that runs Windows 10 (64-bit) Pro on another HDD,is way much faster than this PC.
The BIOS is also set to UEFI.
I saw this decrease in performance of Windows 10 only on the previous aforementioned PC-Desktop, after I had changed the motherboard.
Any take on the motherboard issue,Friend?
Maybe the changed mobo needs newer drivers/latest win 10 updates, in any case this ".net runtime optimization service" is now unavoidable on latest win 10 versions & updates so better get the ssd.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am not sure about the speeds but is there a possibility that the exact SATA port used to connect the main HDD may not be fast?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK. May be HDD itself is the rate limiting step in this chain then.
A typical hdd has random read write speeds of 0.7-0.9MB/s while the cheapest dram-less ssd has random read write speeds of 25-50MB/s & it is the random read speeds most often used by operating system/programs for typical tasks.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Help me, this shi* is f**king my pc

1634806579174.png

As you can see, this antimalware thingy, it is a component of windows defender. Usually this would scan the pc once a month and not take more than 2-3hours and end up with a notification shouting "No malware found" But now since monday, this is not going and instead making my pc very slow. I didnt face any issues in zoom but today i was giving a important presentation and due to this shit taking up resource(might seem very low usage, but is actually having a very big impact on performance) the slide, even wthout any of fancy animations, was lagging in simple slide change.

Any idea how to stop this? As I said earlier, this came occasionally in a month and yes, it did fu**ed up my pc even then but this time its been a week and it has not gone, and this whole week my p had been lagging like hell

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I upgraded about 2 weeks back to crucial bx50(the one you suggested) Boot speed and app load speed is nice, but this defender is even slowing that down. I had reinstalled windows too, but still....
Same here, latest defender updates are quite aggressive. In my case this happens after a fixed amount of inactivity so as long as I face this issue once but keep on doing something like browsing etc then it will be fine but if I do somethings & then minimize everything & turn off the screen & come back after half an hour to launch video player then again same lag. Only solution is to install another antivirus which I am also considering after testing for boot time impact by trying 2-3 antivirus software to see which works best on my desktop.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@whitestar_999 ; @Nerevarine ; @bssunilreddy ; @RumbaMon19 and other Friends, please Help me.
Annotation 2021-10-24 203845.png
Annotation 2021-10-24 203845.png

My Total System memory of Desktop PC is 16GB RAM,with 4 sticks of RAM of 4GB each.
Now Windows 10 Pro(64-bit) is showing as 3.96GB RAM usable...rest 12GB reserved for Hardware?????????????!!!!!!!!!!

I had tried the msconfig-->Boot--->Advanced Settings--->Checked the Box for System memory(value 16384) and rebooted.
But again when I checked msconfig,the settings are reverted back to the previous state.
The small box remains UNCHECKED again and the value at System reserved memory is "0"

HOW DO I RECLAIM THE WHOLE OF 16GB RAM MEMORY FOR WINDOWS 10?

I even took a backup of my important documents,files,etc and RE-INSTALLED Windows from the scratch by Formatting the Hard drives.

But the problem persisits.....

Just have a look:--->
Annotation 2021-10-24 211353.png

Annotation 2021-10-24 211610.png

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Windows installer is designed to automatically install x64 or x32 based on compatibility, that is why there is only one iso file available except if made from windows installation media creator.

monkey

Padawan
@kgsgbg has shown it to be 64-bit system in the screenshot. I think he should also check for RAM settings in the BIOS alongwith their motherboard compatibility. Its 4x4GB RAM installation but in effect only 1 RAM stick is being used.

Top Bottom