Upgrade or New purchase

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
This website belongs to a youtuber, they seem to have some gpu in stock.
Cheapest 1660 available to buy.
*www.tibgstore.co.in/product/msi-gtx-1660-super-ventus-xs-oc/

Or you can consider ryzen 4650g. Much better option than 1050ti at that price.

*www.tibgstore.co.in/product/intel-core-i7-10700kf-upto-4-8-ghz/

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Where can we get a desktop keyboard cover? For laptops we used to use some white material which would cover it from dust. I haven't seen a similar product for desktop keyboards.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
also my current laptop battery became dead before a month … since then i’ve bought a battery from amazon which had dell’s packaging but it didn’t work.. laptop displays “0% available, plugged in” and it stays at 0%. So i thought it might be flawed or non compatible & returned it and bought a compatible battery which delivered today and it says the same thing .. is it that the charger is at fault?

When i remove the battery and connect direct to electricity, it says Plugged in, battery not detectable.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
also my current laptop battery became dead before a month … since then i’ve bought a battery from amazon which had dell’s packaging but it didn’t work.. laptop displays “0% available, plugged in” and it stays at 0%. So i thought it might be flawed or non compatible & returned it and bought a compatible battery which delivered today and it says the same thing .. is it that the charger is at fault?

When i remove the battery and connect direct to electricity, it says Plugged in, battery not detectable.

Do you have a internal battery or a external one? If external check if all the pins on laptop side are okay. Mostly batteries should last atleast a year before going dead. That seems problem with the battery port instead. Maybe the battery ic on mobo of lappy is at fault

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

There is a identification chip in dell laptop mobo as well as dell charging adapter which communicates via the thin inner pin inside the usual adapter pin to confirm charging adapter being used is dell original. If this chip/related circuit is damaged either in mobo or adapter then one will likely face the same issue you are facing.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Do you have a internal battery or a external one? If external check if all the pins on laptop side are okay. Mostly batteries should last atleast a year before going dead. That seems problem with the battery port instead. Maybe the battery ic on mobo of lappy is at fault

Its an external battery. The original battery lasted for 5 yrs and was still giving 1 hr backup a month ago then all of a sudden orange lights started blinking and display on windows 10 said not charging. I thought my old battery is finally dead. But seeing the new ones behaving in a weird way now I suspect something is wrong with the laptop.

The laptop is Dell Inspiron 5558 15” touchscreen.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
There is a identification chip in dell laptop mobo as well as dell charging adapter which communicates via the thin inner pin inside the usual adapter pin to confirm charging adapter being used is dell original. If this chip/related circuit is damaged either in mobo or adapter then one will likely face the same issue you are facing.

is it worth it to repair coz the product is of 2016 and i’ve already paid 20000 once in 2018 for mobo repair

I’ve disliked the product throughout my ownership coz of its weight is on the higher side, travelling with it is cumbersome. at the same time i like its display although its only 720p, its glossy n clear.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
is it worth it to repair coz the product is of 2016 and i’ve already paid 20000 once in 2018 for mobo repair

I’ve disliked the product throughout my ownership coz of its weight is on the higher side, travelling with it is cumbersome. at the same time i like its display although its only 720p, its glossy n clear.
If you already spent 20k on laptop for repair then I guess it is not worth it unless you can get it done within 2-3k & then sell the laptop soon afterwards.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
If you already spent 20k on laptop for repair then I guess it is not worth it unless you can get it done within 2-3k & then sell the laptop soon afterwards.
I want to repair this laptop as it can last 3-4 years more.
this is error i'm getting. The battery is a new one and the laptop doesn't charge it anymore, have tried with 2 batteries but same result.

battery error.jpg

Top Bottom