Graphics card suggestion needed

sinhead

Broken In
Guys my gpu is gone bad. I need a new gpu.

Can’t afford anything more expensive than these.

I am considering quadro p2200 5gb, priced Rs35000
Other 4gb cards (1050 - Rs 22000 and 1650 for Rs 30000 on Amazon

Main usage is blender and or some texture painting program like substance painter. In blender I expect quick viewport updates on my models when I change colour, lights camera angles etc.

I am leaning towards quadro for reliability and less power draw.
Or should I skip 1650 and settle for 1050 and save money?

Please suggest.

OP
S

sinhead

Broken In
1. What is the intended use for this graphic card ? Gaming or workstation work? (Name few Games or applications are you going to run)

Ans: workstation. No gaming. Main usage is blender and or some texture painting program like substance painter. In blender I expect quick viewport updates on my models when I change colour, lights, camera angles etc.

2. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)

Ans: Seasonic S12II 520 Watts

3. What is your Max budget ?

Ans: 32000

5. What are your current computer specifications ?

Ans: AMD Ryzen 2600, MSI X470 Gaming Plus. Specs in my signature.

OP
S

sinhead

Broken In
I was using a 2gb card till now. maybe I can get a GT 710 2GB for the time being, till prices reduce.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I was using a 2gb card till now. maybe I can get a GT 710 2GB for the time being, till prices reduce.
You could, if GT710 satisfy your purpose. Just to give you perspective, prices are like this since the beginning of this year and it looks like it will continue like this till mid or end of the next year. No one really knows exactly when the pricing will be back to normal.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You could, if GT710 satisfy your purpose. Just to give you perspective, prices are like this since the beginning of this year and it looks like it will continue like this till mid or end of the next year. No one really knows exactly when the pricing will be back to normal.
Nobody should pay more than 2k for it though.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Nobody should pay more than 2k for it though.
Time has changed a lot man. Even 2nd hand GPU, if available, have also gone up in prices just like new cards. If someone needs it urgently then they need to pay. I don't see any option now.

OP
S

sinhead

Broken In
Thanks guys.
I need to finalise in 1 / 2 days And it has become really confusing.

Done some research, and finalised these 3 - gtx 1050ti (4gb), 1060 3gb, quadro t1000 4gb, quadro t600 4 gb.

1050ti ofcourse saves my money.
1060 3gb seems to be a good and fast performer, has nice results in blender benchmarks too.

1. If I go for 1050ti, which one of these will be good - Zotac , colourful , gigabyte ? Zotac is the cheapest, Colourful and Gigabyte slightly higher priced.

2. In similar price I get much newer T600 and T1000 with ddr6 ram.
Tech sites are calling them mobile gpus. I doubt their performance under load.

Top Bottom