The Matrix: Resurrections

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Alright. It's time. Matrix is back.

And this needs a dedicated thread.

The original movie of 1999 had a profound impact on my life. I got to join the party late when I watched it a few years later. But I don't know how many times have I rewatched it.
The theory that our world might be a simulation became wildly popular after Wachowskis (brothers, at the time) showcased how!

And the appearance of Neil Patrick Harris have got me even more excited! :hyper::hyper:

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't even care if it's going to be good.
I am happy that I am getting a Keanu Reeves Matrix movie that I can watch in theater.

So yes, I am fan. And even if this movie is for fanbase, I am not complaining.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Alright. It's time. Matrix is back.

And this needs a dedicated thread.

The original movie of 1999 had a profound impact on my life. I got to join the party late when I watched it a few years later. But I don't know how many times have I rewatched it.
The theory that our world might be a simulation became wildly popular after Wachowskis (brothers, at the time) showcased how!

And the appearance of Neil Patrick Harris have got me even more excited! :hyper::hyper:
I really really hope this one lives up to its legacy and trailer! Big matrix (1) fan here. Had no hopes for something like this. The pills are so damn iconic, I like how they used the blue pills in the trailer. Hope it brings something new to the table, and not just revisits old concepts(totally fine with 'em flushing out what matrix introduced too).

PS. I only loved the first matrix. The 2end movie wasn't up to the standard for me, and as a result I didn't even watch the third one.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, to me Matrix represents an ideology.
The fact that the Matrix movies represent them with slick visual aid, is just a bonus.

The thought that we could be in a simulation, just like a video game character, built by super advanced civilization, was a mind bending idea at the time. And still is.

However bad 2nd movie was, you never ever watched the 3rd part is baffling to me. :crazy:

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Well, to me Matrix represents an ideology.
The fact that the Matrix movies represent them with slick visual aid, is just a bonus.
Yeah, well, as for the ideology, matrix doesn't represent that for me. The fact we could be living in a simulation is a topic of science and reasoning for me. Maybe it was cause I was aware of the concept long before I watched matrix. Matrix just represents a nice science fiction on top of that concept.

The thought that we could be in a simulation, just like a video game character, built by super advanced civilization, was a mind bending idea at the time. And still is.
Yup, I don't disagree at all. It's possibly more likely we live in a simulation, than we don't. I had watched a pretty awesome video that outlined the calculation of the probability of it, but I just don't seem to find it out, here's a boring article in the meantime: Confirmed! We Live in a Simulation (there was a demystify on the probability too IIRC.)

However bad 2nd movie was, you never ever watched the 3rd part is baffling to me. :crazy:
Welp, the second movie was not worth the time for me, and I didn't wanted to repeat my mistake of watching another bad matrix movie again XD. Tell me though, is the 3rd movie worth it? Would put up it on my watch list if its any good. The more matrix in my life, the better.

All I see is John wick in a sci fi movie. lol
Ha ha
Neo predates John Wick lol.
Yeah!

PS. It was quite recently I realized that Neo was played by the same guy they call "jhon wick" lol.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Oh yeah, I guess that's his signature look now. Perhaps they kept his John Wick look because that is what sells I guess. Lol.

I was rewatching The Matrix today and I kind of forgot how good this movie is. It's not only a good action movie, but a good movie in general.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Don't kill me for it, but I have never watched John Wick till now, despite of hearing so much around me.
For me watching Keanu anything other than Neo was out of thought.

But maybe I should give Keanu a try, since it definitely have a fan following. Although I think I will watch it after Resurrections.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That was actually better than original. The original shows too much.
For trailer 1, it should really be just teaser.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Matrix became the inspiration for all other movies to use its action scenes in it.
Remember the slow motion bullet dodging scene...many Bollywood movies used it :)

Top Bottom