Need urgent help to buy new laptop

k2t

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Need some urgent guidance on what would be the best buy as I'm on a bit of a tight timeline before travel. Used the Digit Technology Discussion Forum
Laptops and Netbooks questionnaire. Details of what I'm looking for are below, will appreciate some help! Thanks :)

Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase:

1) What is your budget?
INR 50,000-55,000/57,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
13"-16"
2-2.5 kgs (3 kgs max)

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Research work, Statistical Programming, OTT platforms, MS Office

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eyeing for ?
No

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
NA

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution 1080p (Full HD)
Battery back up ( extended (5-7hrs) )
Purchase place ( Online- Amazon, India)
Should have support available in the UK and in India
Can switch out HDD to SDD
Preferably i5

Last edited:
OP
K

k2t

Correct me if I'm wrong but you'd get better options at lower prices in UK than in India.
Possibly, yes, but I will have no time once I'm there for atleast 2-3 weeks with quarantine and moving. Which is why the idea to purchase it here. What would you recommend though for either possibilities?

Maybe this with Premium warranty for international support:
Dell Inspiron 14 5415 Laptop | Dell India

Premium Plus adds ADP but ADP works only in the country of purchase.

Reactions: k2t

darshpreetkaur

Hi,

Need some urgent guidance on what would be the best buy as I'm on a bit of a tight timeline before travel. Used the Digit Technology Discussion Forum
Laptops and Netbooks questionnaire. Details of what I'm looking for are below, will appreciate some help! Thanks :)

Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase:

1) What is your budget?
INR 50,000-55,000/57,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
13"-16"
2-2.5 kgs (3 kgs max)

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Research work, Statistical Programming, OTT platforms, MS Office

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eyeing for ?
No

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
NA

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution 1080p (Full HD)
Battery back up ( extended (5-7hrs) )
Purchase place ( Online- Amazon, India)
Should have support available in the UK and in India
Can switch out HDD to SDD
Preferably i5
I think you should bear laptop configurations in mind like AMD ryzen 5 with 8 GB RAM and 1TB is enough for excellent functioning.

Hi, I am thinking of buying a laptop. I have shortlisted two laptops. The one is asus vivobook 14 ultra x413ep-eb512ts and the other is asus vivobook 14 ultra x413ep-ek512ts. Both the laptops have same configuration but have different model names. Can you help me with the matter as I am confused to buy?
Maybe post a new thread with the questionnaire so that we can know your requirements. Also, post links/specs & price of the laptop under consideration.

Honestly, both seem similar. You might want to check R5 5500U based laptops though.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The budget is upto 65,000
Requirements:
1)8gb ram
2)2gb graphic card
3) intel i5
4)11gen
5)14 inch display
6)good battery backup
7) Asus is preferable
Mentioning 2gb graphics card is practically irrelevant because graphics card performance has almost nothing to do with its dedicated ram. That is why mentioning usage in a separate thread is suggested because for many even integrated graphics in latest intel/ryzen processors is more than enough while for some even 6gb graphics card in 1 lakh+ laptops is not enough.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi, I am thinking of buying a laptop. I have shortlisted two laptops. The one is asus vivobook 14 ultra x413ep-eb512ts and the other is asus vivobook 14 ultra x413ep-ek512ts. Both the laptops have same configuration but have different model names. Can you help me with the matter as I am confused to buy?
Fill the questionnaire and please don't mess up someone else's thread.

Top Bottom