Suggestions Laptop below 80k

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
1. What is the purpose of the Laptop? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Basic computing application, browser, youtube, movies etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 80k max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No, not in laptop

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: SSD 256GiB Min, anything above is appreciated

6. Screen Size preference? Touch or Non Touch? What panel (IPS, AMOLED)? What refresh rate?
Ans: 15 inch and above only please. IPS minimum 1080p, doesn't care about higher refresh rate

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the Laptop?
Ans: Within 2 days from Flipkart and Amazon Sale

10. Are you buying locally or online?
Ans: Buying online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I need atleast 11th Gen Core i5/i7 or Ryzen 5/7 5xxx/4xxx series, with atleast 16GiB Memory and atleast 256GiB NVME SSD storage

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this isn't a gaming laptop, isn't 14" going to be more suitable?

These are good laptops:

15.6": Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5700U - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) 15ALC05 A Thin and Light Laptop Rs.93690 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5700U - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) 15ALC05 A Thin and Light Laptop Graphite Grey Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

14": Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5700U - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) 14 ALC 05 Thin and Light Laptop Rs.88090 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5700U - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) 14 ALC 05 Thin and Light Laptop Graphite Grey Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com (you may want to verify if this has a single RAM slot or not)

OP
gagan_kumar

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
If this isn't a gaming laptop, isn't 14" going to be more suitable?

These are good laptops:

15.6": Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5700U - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) 15ALC05 A Thin and Light Laptop Rs.93690 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5700U - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) 15ALC05 A Thin and Light Laptop Graphite Grey Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

14": Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5700U - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) 14 ALC 05 Thin and Light Laptop Rs.88090 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5700U - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) 14 ALC 05 Thin and Light Laptop Graphite Grey Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com (you may want to verify if this has a single RAM slot or not)
While a discreet GPU is not exactly needed. It will be preferred, because the relative I am getting this for said he will use it for next 5-6 years atleast.

tagging @SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt , please tag other who can help

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
While a discreet GPU is not exactly needed. It will be preferred, because the relative I am getting this for said he will use it for next 5-6 years atleast.
tbh, if the plan is not to play games, it's best to avoid discrete GPU.

OP
gagan_kumar

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
tbh, if the plan is not to play games, it's best to avoid discrete GPU.
I was thinking, it might help in viewing the latest AV1 Youtube videos. Also, it will help applications in general, since many applications have started to take proper use of D-GPU solutions. Not asking for high end GPU, something like a GTX1660, RTX 3050 will do. I dont want him to be in a postition, that he wants to play some game but can't due to lack of D-GPU and the I-GPU solution totally cant do it.

I was thinking, it might help in viewing the latest AV1 Youtube videos. Also, it will help applications in general, since many applications have started to take proper use of D-GPU solutions. Not asking for high end GPU, something like a GTX1660, RTX 3050 will do. I dont want him to be in a postition, that he wants to play some game but can't due to lack of D-GPU and the I-GPU solution totally cant do it.
Discuss with the buyer & make it clear if dGPU is required because it matters a lot. No, it doesn't help with whatever you are thinking. For most people, dGPU is needed only for gaming, for others, some productivity tasks like video editing. Laptops with dGPU have better performance, run hotter but ones w/o dGPU are thinner, lighter & have a better battery life. 2nd laptop will be more convenient to use for most people, but if performance is required, you will have to live with a bulkier laptop, no way around it.

Gaming laptop:
Amazon.in
Best performer at ~80k, 1660Ti might seem powerful now, but will be weak in just 2 years or so IMO because of next-gen games pushing up the minimum requirements of games.
Just add 2nd RAM stick & 2nd SSD when required, not hard to access those, check videos online. 8GB DDR4 3200MHz laptop RAM costs like 4k & 1TB M.2 SSD costs as low as 8k on sales, no HDD slot.

Non-gaming laptop: The Lenovo Slim 5 mentioned earlier is already overkill for normal usage & is a good choice.

Top Bottom