Questions about premium VPN Services.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Is there anyone who uses services of providers like NordVPN or ExpressVPN etc. How reliable are these? I would appreciate if anyone of you could recommend me a provider . The more affordable would obviously be nice but I don't think my friend minds splurging a bit if it the benefits justify the cost. Thanks.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Windscribe is the best starter vpn because you can pay monthly to see what your usecase is. You can also select a single country and pay a measly 2$ per month.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Is there anyone who uses services of providers like NordVPN or ExpressVPN etc. How reliable are these? I would appreciate if anyone of you could recommend me a provider . The more affordable would obviously be nice but I don't think my friend minds splurging a bit if it the benefits justify the cost. Thanks.
*mullvad.net/en/

Use Mullvad. They don't keep logs and are trusted by people like Snowden. Especially don't use Express or Nord.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
What is your purpose? If you need it only to access blocked sites then a vpn with lifetime subscription is enough you can purchase from Stacksocial. I personally use keepsolid lifetime vpn it works flawlessly

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If you need it only to access blocked sites
In this case I think you can use Tor for free, though the issue will be that the sites you access might be from another country and in some cases speed will be slow. But it's better for casual use.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
That's only partly true.

Many government service pages refuse to load if your IP is of outside india.

Personally, I maintain a cheap DO VPS in the BLR region so I can tunnel into that for bypassing such stupid restrictions. I also find that when that VPN is on, call quality over whatsapp / telegram to people in India improves.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
That's only partly true.

Many government service pages refuse to load if your IP is of outside india.

Personally, I maintain a cheap DO VPS in the BLR region so I can tunnel into that for bypassing such stupid restrictions. I also find that when that VPN is on, call quality over whatsapp / telegram to people in India improves.
Do you use VPN all the time?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I turn it on when I have to call home, turn it off otherwise. I could probably just leave it open all the time, but I've never thought about doing that.
At first I thought you are using it for all your online activity then how much it cost and is it really worth it. And if you don't use it then govt websites should not be a problem for you, right?

aaruni

The Linux Guy
At first I thought you are using it for all your online activity then how much it cost and is it really worth it. And if you don't use it then govt websites should not be a problem for you, right?
It costs 5 bucks a month to maintain that server, regardless of how little or how much I use it. Its a wireguard server / mumble server / peertube server, so its worth keeping it alive.

As for govt websites, I need to turn the VPN on to access them, otherwise they throw weird errors.

Top Bottom