The Witcher 3

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Wow! CDProjekt is amazing. giving next-gen update to 7yrs old game. other companies just forget about their games after 2years.

Killing Machine
is this update only meant for consoles or PCs too?
For both next gen consoles and PCs.

Next gen update includes:
  • Ray tracing support
  • Faster loading times (for consoles)
  • Other visual, technical, performance enhancements
  • A variety of community mods incorporated into the build
  • Netflix DLC (armor, weapons for Geralt and alternative looks for other characters based on the Netflix's Witcher series)

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Plus making it free for existing owners of any version. This studio needs to be protected.
Yeah, it's almost too good though, even for a studio so respected in the community. Forgive me for being cynical, but are they making up the lost goodwill after the cyberpunk fiasco?

Cause otherwise providing a free upgrade would either be a plain bad business decision or so small a upgrade that it doesn't warrent
repaying, and I don't think it's the latter.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yeah, it's almost too good though, even for a studio so respected in the community. Forgive me for being cynical, but are they making up the lost goodwill after the cyberpunk fiasco?

Cause otherwise providing a free upgrade would either be a plain bad business decision or so small a upgrade that it doesn't warrent
repaying, and I don't think it's the latter.
They have consistently provided lots of free small dlcs during their initial release. Also Witcher 3 GOTY is one of the lowest priced AAA games on steam (~Rs 400)

Æsoteric Positron

Cough cough, dark souls II remaster. They split the online playerbase permanently. DSII original was a dead game after that.
You mean the DS 1 remaster. It was a disappointment in so many ways. They updated close to nothing and only justified its existence because the original release was an aweful PC port, which had a mod to fix crap from day one. The reviews of the remaster ranged from "Dark Souls remaster is thrash" to "Dark Souls remaster is an insult". To add insult to injury the remaster didn't launch in PCs with < 8 GB of RAM(again a modder fixed that) and since its speed was tied to frame rates users had to turn to speeding up the game using cheat engine to remain sane.

On the topic of bad remasters, GTA trilogy remasters. 'Nuff said.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No, he means the DS2 remaster (aka Scholar Of The First Sin). It also changed a lot of balancing and level design.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
DSII released on April 2014 and it's "remaster" scholar of the lost sin, launched on April 2015, permanently spliiting the player base. For original DSII owners, online play was essentially dead. And the remaster only slightly updated the engine and brought in a small side area. It's just ridiculous.

Æsoteric Positron

No, he means the DS2 remaster (aka Scholar Of The First Sin). It also changed a lot of balancing and level design.
DSII released on April 2014 and it's "remaster" scholar of the lost sin, launched on April 2015, permanently spliiting the player base. For original DSII owners, online play was essentially dead. And the remaster only slightly updated the engine and brought in a small side area. It's just ridiculous.
Oh... I viewed that more like a "prepare to die" version than a standalone remaster, didn't know it was marketed or perceived this way. Since I never played DS2 had basically zero idea. Though it's confusing they split the player base if that game wasn't even named like a new version!?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Original DS2 was developed without Miyazaki's involvement (he was working on bloodborne at the time). When he saw the game after release he didn't like some design concepts and thus asked for a lot of modifications to be made, which ended up becoming SOTFS. It was basically DS2 re-released with many changes.

Obviously the changes got mixed reception from players, some liking the changes and others didn't and preferred the game as it was before.

Top Bottom