55K Desktop - For home with some games

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which fan did you install for the front intake? Considering the intake openings are small
I had an old 120mm fan from my old cabinet(I think it is deepcool 120mm non-rgb) & my main aim was to cool multiple hdd for which it seems to work fine. I only got 100R because I needed at least 4 hdd bays with possibility to add more via 5.25" optical drive bays. If you are not going to use more than 1/2 hdd(ssd you can connect even without bays & just leave them hanging or use tape to fix them on drive cage etc) then no reason to specifically go for 100R.

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
The top vents are for exhaust right? So if I am not going to attach fans there, closing it off with something should be OK right?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The top vents are for exhaust right? So if I am not going to attach fans there, closing it off with something should be OK right?
No, hot air always move up(laws of physics) so closing top vents is never a good idea in any place where heat is generated.

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
Yay, I have it all running now. Just need to fit the hard disk when I get it on Monday. *2.bp.blogspot.com/-y1OsOs8Gmhg/VV11-lZsJ_I/AAAAAAAABS4/G5mYj01blsI/s1600/100R%2BBox%2BContents.jpg I am a little confused on how to install the front intake fan. I should use the long fan screws shown in this image right? And I need to screw it in from the inside of the case to the outside, right?

Also I went into BIOS and selected Load Optimized Defaults. The memory speed is set 21** something with that. It should be OK if I change it to 3200 right?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, enable XMP profile to get 3200mhz.
See the fans and judge which screw they would need, long one or short one and try it. Yes, install it from out side.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am a little confused on how to install the front intake fan. I should use the long fan screws shown in this image right? And I need to screw it in from the inside of the case to the outside, right?

Also I went into BIOS and selected Load Optimized Defaults. The memory speed is set 21** something with that. It should be OK if I change it to 3200 right?
Long fan screws & you need to screw them in from outside(open front panel then put fan over exposed panel & then screw them in). What you said applies to small screws in case long screws are unable to reach the inside of the case because of more than standard width of fan.

In memory settings see xmp profile option & then load that to see if it loads successfully.

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
1606640318771.png

The above one which I bought has a molex connector. It briefly lights up when I turn on the PC, but then no lights. Not a big issue, but why is that?

Top Bottom