Microsoft XBox 360 Controller - Genuine or Fake

dejavu619

Right off the assembly line
Can't believe there are no images on the internet for inline cable release
It should look like this
*ubuntuincident.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/inline_release.png

Thanks, I do have this inline release for my white controller. The black wired one doesn't have inline release (but is that enough to conclusively say that it's fake?). The Guide button lighting seems weird in the black wired controller too:

*i.imgur.com/RSRuEMd.png

Also I think the way windows 10 names devices is weird and cannot reliably be used to determine if a controller is fake.

When I plugged in the white controller to my PC, it said Inno Gamepad.
When I plugged it into my Windows 10 Laptop, it said Controller (Xbox 360 for Windows)
When I plugged it into my Windows 7 Laptop, it said Xbox 360 for Windows (Controller)

So if I'm gonna go to the shop and claim that the black one is fake, I'll need some other evidence

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Yes the inline cable release is a standard on all official X360 wired controllers.
That controller is also missing that part as well as you mentioned.
Each of those things adds cost to the product.

*i.imgur.com/svktqsg.png

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Thanks, I do have this inline release for my white controller. The black wired one doesn't have inline release (but is that enough to conclusively say that it's fake?). The Guide button lighting seems weird in the black wired controller too:

*i.imgur.com/RSRuEMd.png

Also I think the way windows 10 names devices is weird and cannot reliably be used to determine if a controller is fake.

When I plugged in the white controller to my PC, it said Inno Gamepad.
When I plugged it into my Windows 10 Laptop, it said Controller (Xbox 360 for Windows)
When I plugged it into my Windows 7 Laptop, it said Xbox 360 for Windows (Controller)

So if I'm gonna go to the shop and claim that the black one is fake, I'll need some other evidence
Maybe because of remnant driver from crap controller now your original controller is being recognised as onno controller.
What can you do, microsoft.. small indie company.. early access bugs will be there right ..

dejavu619

Right off the assembly line
Maybe because of remnant driver from crap controller now your original controller is being recognised as onno controller.
What can you do, microsoft.. small indie company.. early access bugs will be there right ..

Yeah I think that was the case. Thanks for all the help anyway :D
Good thing there's less counterfeits for xbox one controllers

Top Bottom