All laptop related queries here!!!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Forget it, just get the ram upgraded at service centre by paying service charge of around 500-600.
But suppose the service center guys deliberately damages a component while attaching RAM,then what shall I do?
Do I need to go to the service center,time to time?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
But suppose the service center guys deliberately damages a component while attaching RAM,then what shall I do?
Do I need to go to the service center,time to time?
That is why they ask you to sign/confirm the product condition before taking it & also before giving it to you after repair. You should just look for properly reattached warranty stickers(take pics/record video if in doubt before giving laptop & before taking laptop after repair) & any physical scratch/damage etc on the outside body of laptop. After that you should turn on the laptop & use it for 5-10 min with & without battery to see everything is working fine(keep some benchmarking tools to run in pen drive/laptop).

kg11sgbg

That is why they ask you to sign/confirm the product condition before taking it & also before giving it to you after repair. You should just look for properly reattached warranty stickers(take pics/record video if in doubt before giving laptop & before taking laptop after repair) & any physical scratch/damage etc on the outside body of laptop. After that you should turn on the laptop & use it for 5-10 min with & without battery to see everything is working fine(keep some benchmarking tools to run in pen drive/laptop).
okay, I see...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then what to do,Friend?
If the corner of the label is torn a little,it means the warranty is void?

No. It will void only if the there is a big fat hole in it and signifies that you put your screw driver thru the sticker and unscrewed the screw. this much damage is acceptable.
You haven't seen the excuses given by some service centres then, if the label is slightly torn even at the corner then it will be taking a chance with warranty. If you are lucky service centre will not say anything but if not then expect a warranty void reply.

@kg11sgbg as you say "Your choice your decision".

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Will this be treated as Tampered?

Factory Seal
Should be fine.
You haven't seen the excuses given by some service centres then, if the label is slightly torn even at the corner then it will be taking a chance with warranty. If you are lucky service centre will not say anything but if not then expect a warranty void reply.

@kg11sgbg as you say "Your choice your decision".
Well yes, but that time he has to take it further up and maybe even consumer court

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

kg11sgbg

@whitestar_999 , @RumbaMon19 , @thetechfreak and others, now I am a bit skeptical about the no. of RAM slots in this MSI Modern 14 B10MW-220IN laptop which i had purchased.
Some say there is only a single slot. Some say,there is another free RAM slot for upgrades.

As according to CPU-Z,inside the tool at SPD column,it shows there are 2 slots for RAM. Only one is occupied.

What to do Friends? @whitestar_999 ???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 , @RumbaMon19 , @thetechfreak and others, now I am a bit skeptical about the no. of RAM slots in this MSI Modern 14 B10MW-220IN laptop which i had purchased.
Some say there is only a single slot. Some say,there is another free RAM slot for upgrades.

As according to CPU-Z,inside the tool at SPD column,it shows there are 2 slots for RAM. Only one is occupied.

Didn't the service centre guy clarified it, I mean if he asked you to get samsung/hynix ram to increase capacity then shouldn't it mean there is an extra slot.

If CPUZ shows 2 slots, then there are 2 slots (1 might be soldered though). Check your laptop's manual that should be available somewhere in MSI's website, a service manual. If not, find in MSI US website.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

This is what I did:- Search for disassembly video of my laptop. I did this because not only it helped me know the number of slots but also if there is any VOID warranty stickers inside to be taken care of.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Thinking about violating the warranty and attach 8GB DDR4 RAM module by myself.

Whatever happens will be seen later on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dissel

Cyborg Agent
^^^Good Idea....Given the situation - If you catch the thing and if it wins over you then you will be paying much more than the Laptop warranty.

kg11sgbg

Now a confusion!!!
Someone said that this Laptop (MSI Modern 14 B10MW-220IN) has two RAM slots and some say it has only one RAM slot.

What to do?
Without knowing if I break the Factory seal and see it has having only a single ram slot,then both sides are gone!!!

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Now a confusion!!!
Someone said that this Laptop (MSI Modern 14 B10MW-220IN) has two RAM slots and some say it has only one RAM slot.

What to do?
Without knowing if I break the Factory seal and see it has having only a single ram slot,then both sides are gone!!!
This page says it is a single slot but removable.

*www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/pro...dard/msi-modern-14-b10mw-220in-H87134403.html

kg11sgbg

This page says it is a single slot but removable.

*www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/pro...dard/msi-modern-14-b10mw-220in-H87134403.html
Agreed, but CPU-Z shows 2 RAM slots in SPD column of the tool. :chinscratch:

And what is the use of buying an A-DATA 8GB DDR4 RAM? To replace the Factory set SAMSUNG 8GB DDR4 RAM?
Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPD clearly shows Slot #1 and Slot #2 in CPU-Z

Last edited:
Top Bottom