Call of Duty WW2, Infinity Warfare Crashes (Lockdown Help)

toshar

New to this forum
With nothing to do during this period, I reinstalled almost every game from my library and ended them up playing day and night.
Now I have problem with 2 games, COD WW2, COD IW and I guess the issue is related to GPU or its drivers.

Config - OS W8, AMD FX6300, Giga GA970A DS3P, R7 260x OC 2GB, Hyper 212X, 4gb Kingston HyperX Fury, WD Blue 2Tb + 2TB, 500W CM PSU
(only GPU is stabled OC to perform well) All drivers are upto date
All most all games run perfectly fine with ultra settings except Crysis 3 which floats around 35~40fps with high settings.

COD IW -Upon running the game, it gave me warning that my system kindoff bottleneck and game will stutter, I skipped it -> Campaign -> New Game -> cutscene done, Loading done, I played the game for a minute and game crashess. All I got is a message "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" . I got this message even after game settings to ultra low exept resolution set to 1280 x 1024.

COW WW2 - Upon running the game, it gave me warning that my system kindoff bottleneck and game will stutter, I skipped it -> Campaign -> New Game -> cutscene done -> Loading done -> Black screen and game crash with same error about display driver stopped working.

For troubleshoot, I googles about this for the fix and tried couple of youtube fix method but nothing worked so far whereas I can't do anything with softwares update as everything is upto date.

Note - Both games runs perfectly fine with high settings on 4gb rams and Inbuilt Ryzen 2700 CPU graphics. Why my R7 260X twice the price with dedicated board fails?

Attachments

• Screenshot (216).png
    Screenshot (216).png
    662.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot (217).png
    Screenshot (217).png
    264 KB · Views: 109

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It is possible that the GPU or the PCIe slot may be failing.
First, use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.2.3), uninstall current drivers and then install the latest one.
Then, try plugging in the graphics card to 2nd PCIe x16 slot. Also try with other GPU if you can borrow one from a friend/shop.

gameranand

Living to Play
If your GPU has Inbuilt GPU then try disabling that in BIOS. Sometimes onboard graphics and Dedicated GPU like to fight each other. Older games give problems sometimes.

Keep resolution at 16:9, i.e. 1280x720, try again with that for both games. Also, keep graphics settings at low for initial test purposes. Keep all background apps closed, as much as possible. Both games have 8GB RAM as minimum requirement, so it might be creating issues.

Try keeping game's installed files in C drive or vice versa. Try running with admin privileges.

From some search online, R7 260X seems to perform inferior to GTX 660 (min requirement of games), but I doubt that is an issue as its not too weak in comparison.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
R7 260x is 2013 model and low VRAM. You can only run both the games COD:WW2 & IW released in 2017 & 2016 at minimum settings.
Also, 4GB of RAM is a bottleneck for the system to run the game as minimum 8GB RAM is required for the game.

So, running at Ultra setting will definitely overload the system and the drivers will crash after some time.

If you want to run Games at Ultra settings than atleast 4GB of VRAM GPU is needed.

Use this site to input your system details and it will show you whether you can run the game or not and what are bottleneck components
*www.game-debate.com
(You will have to first register to update the machine settings which is free basically)

Last edited:
OP
toshar

toshar

New to this forum
@whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku @Zangetsu @omega44-xt @gameranand
Thank you all for the support.. much needed support. It was the Windows 8 OS that was causing problem and things got back to track right there after installing Windows 10. I never like the latest OS but had to move on with the world and now getting use to it.
All games are running right after installation without giving any kind of missing file errors with WW2 at ultra settings floating around ~45 FPS. (RAM upgraded to 12gb).

I have seen many AAA games asking for upper mid configs but whatever hardware I got seems working absolutely fine. May be its my 1280x1024 resolution in 1080p days.

BTW, Just finished Hitman 2016 but got confused with the story and Diana burnwood appearance. She got fled from the agency in Hitman Absolution while 47 saving the teenage girl, or The game from 2016 is actually a prequel of Absolution?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lower the resolution, more processing power will be used in comparison to gpu power. For games where gpu matters more this is a pro but in games where cpu/processor matters more it is a con(e.g.GTA V).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
BTW, Just finished Hitman 2016 but got confused with the story and Diana burnwood appearance. She got fled from the agency in Hitman Absolution while 47 saving the teenage girl, or The game from 2016 is actually a prequel of Absolution?
Hitman is prequel to Hitman: Codename 47. and sequel to Absolution.

Top Bottom