App to wirelessly transfer files

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Me and my friends were using Wi-Fi file transfer to transfer data to and from a pc/laptop. With the pie update in my friends op along with tons of other bugs, the software doesn't work. Switched to Wi-Fi File Explorer in his phone but that app does not display all the files in a folder. Is there any app which has a simple ui like Wi-Fi file transfer? There are tons of them which work but the ui is just crap.

Thanks

@whitestar_999 @anupam_pb @Minion

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Me and my friends were using Wi-Fi file transfer to transfer data to and from a pc/laptop. With the pie update in my friends op along with tons of other bugs, the software doesn't work. Switched to Wi-Fi File Explorer in his phone but that app does not display all the files in a folder. Is there any app which has a simple ui like Wi-Fi file transfer? There are tons of them which work but the ui is just crap.

Thanks

This is best file transferring software I find till date its fast and easy to use

SilFer File Transfer Download

SilFer File Transfer

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
This is best file transferring software I find till date its fast and easy to use

SilFer File Transfer Download

SilFer File Transfer
The ui is like Airdroid. Looking for a simple interface, nothing beats wifi file tranfer/explorer.
1 more thing, forgot to mention the requirement is that the app should work on hotspots. Silfer unfortunately does not

Photo.jpg

meetdilip

Computer Addict
There is an app called ShareIT. It works on both Android as well as Windows. But because of the kind of ads they show, I don't trust it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't use hotspot so not sure but Total Commander with lan plugin can access shared folders on windows system & if they have write permission then copy to/cut from those shared folders.Though I rarely use it as stock asus file manager comes with wifi file explorer & I can simply access the phone contents from a browser on my pc.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
There is an app called ShareIT. It works on both Android as well as Windows. But because of the kind of ads they show, I don't trust it.

It has a judwaa brother xender. Both of these apps are spyware/adware.
Use wifi file transfer once and you will forget all these.

Don't use hotspot so not sure but Total Commander with lan plugin can access shared folders on windows system & if they have write permission then copy to/cut from those shared folders.Though I rarely use it as stock asus file manager comes with wifi file explorer & I can simply access the phone contents from a browser on my pc.
You can use ES File Explorer as a LAN device and access it from WiFi network.

X-Plore also has the same. But intial Lan setting needs to be done on different machines. In wifi transfer/xplorer you just enter an ip in the browser of a phone/tablet/pc/laptop and boom its done.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Asus stock file manager has this feature.
Don't work in 5t pie. 5t's pie is just badly ported rom of the 6/6t. In the name of fast updates they have given junk. 5t doesn't have a notch but the stable pie has icons on top as if there's a notch between, the corners are rounded+tons of other bugs. Samsung's stable pie on the other hand has none of these bugs. Looks like the tables are turning.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Use cable :p

I used ES file explorer a few times for it years ago but after that I have mostly been using cable for file transfer between my laptop & phone.

Minion

Conversation Architect
The ui is like Airdroid. Looking for a simple interface, nothing beats wifi file tranfer/explorer.
1 more thing, forgot to mention the requirement is that the app should work on hotspots. Silfer unfortunately does not

View attachment 17887
This works with hotspot
You only need to enable hotspot in phone then connect your laptop with phone hotspot and click on top middle icon to connect with phone in silfer UI in phone

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Use cable :p

I used ES file explorer a few times for it years ago but after that I have mostly been using cable for file transfer between my laptop & phone.
You can't carry your cable everywhere now or can you. In our line of work we have to use it often and hence the inconvenience only in the 5t.

This works with hotspot
You only need to enable hotspot in phone then connect your laptop with phone hotspot and click on top middle icon to connect with phone in silfer UI in phone

Unfortunately it doesn't. Let me try in my Samsung phone, it might be another bug of oos.
Is there any simple one with the ui as close to that of wifi transfer/explorer?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Unfortunately it doesn't. Let me try in my Samsung phone, it might be another bug of oos.
Is there any simple one with the ui as close to that of wifi transfer/explorer?

Yeah, Silfer UI is not very simple but it is most reliable one. I tried every other and most of them don't work properly with android Pie.

Top Bottom