DTH customers on long duration packs to get TRAI plans from Dec 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am on Videocon D2H too and some very frustrating things have been happening for past several days. The overall experience is pathetic. I wrote to anil.khera@d2h.com assuming he is the CEO of D2H but in vein.

First of all their website many a times returns 504 Gateway timed out
Phone lines do not connect. If they do, call drops, else I am on hold for 10 - 15 minutes and call drops.
My balance has been fluctuating, yesterday it was 230 today I see a message that it has been topped up on its own!!
Website login/password does not work. I have to use mobile OTP login
First they changed the pack on their own. Then I manage to create my own pack. They still have not correctly activated all channels. Twice they blocked all my services stating that balance is zero suddenly.
customercare@d2h.com gives scripted textbook responses.

The height of all.
I wrote a mail to customercare@d2h.com and it bounced from postmaster@dishtv.in
This is a networking mystery to me. The address as in the Internet properties of the message actually is postmaster@dishtv.in

Lousy management and pathetic handling of the issue by D2H.
1 more thing check d2h's website, you won't be able to find any trace of Videocon/Essel anywhere. Not even in the company profile column.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
How much were you paying before?
I was paying 350 per month with many Hindi, English movies, kids and major sports HD channels as per some special offer pack by Airtel. Though I was not watching anything, I was happy with the bill. But now I need to pay Rs.500+ that excludes several infotainment channels from Discovery's and Nat Geo's and all the Hindi and English movie channels.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I was paying 350 per month with many Hindi, English movies, kids and major sports HD channels as per some special offer pack by Airtel. Though I was not watching anything, I was happy with the bill. But now I need to pay Rs.500+ that excludes several infotainment channels from Discovery's and Nat Geo's and all the Hindi and English movie channels.
And trai is still saying that the per month charges won't increase.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
And trai is still saying that the per month charges won't increase.
They are saying it "in general". Not strictly. Just paying for the channels instead of paying for the packages made the DTH companies is cheaper I guess. I was getting lots of regional channels which are in different languages and I don't understand them, so I don't watch them either. But I had the subscription and was paying for them as they were included in the package.

Regional channels + Hindi enterntainment & movies pack + English movies pack + Kids & infotainment + HD sports pack was costing me above Rs.700.
Now I can just opt out of those regional channels and subscribe the channels I want and I think it will not cost me more than Rs.700.

Luckily I got a good offer and was paying just half the amount with literally all the channels I wanted. Sadly that didn't last long. Now I am unwilling to pay more so had to exclude all the movie channels and few more. Also, if I was living alone then I would have just chosen only sports channels because my main source of entertainment is internet. So i would say TRAI did try something here, but we can only hope that it's for the good in long run.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I was paying 240 to Hathway but now its already crossed 330 but no english movies in it. So have to pay more I think

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I thought I can stay in my existing plan till 31st March, but TATA Sky chose something for me. It's just a handful of pay channels, and I have to pay more than what I used to before.
Tamil regional pack price was 70/-, now it's 115/- and top of that this new NCF. :(
With this new regime, price shoots up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom