Mirroring TV shows to TV via app

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Doesn't JioPhone allows watching TV through JioTV @ Rs.150 - 250 per month ? For old and new TVs they have separate cable costing around ₹ ~200.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Doesn't JioPhone allows watching TV through JioTV @ Rs.150 - 250 per month ? For old and new TVs they have separate cable costing around ₹ ~200.
Can you please share a link for the same? I will connect my non-jio phone to my old tv, it will really be helpful.

Fire stick also connects to hdmi port.
Watched few videos. Firestick was not supported by old gen tv's but guys in the videos also said that its possible with a cable. What am I missing?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched few videos. Firestick was not supported by old gen tv's but guys in the videos also said that its possible with a cable. What am I missing?
Firestick just needs hdmi port,latest version firestick supporting 4k resolution needs hdmi 2.0(& HDCP 2.2,a hardware copyright protection in hdmi port). Maybe that video is talking about micro usb power adapter+cable which is needed for some versions of firestick.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Firestick just needs hdmi port,latest version firestick supporting 4k resolution needs hdmi 2.0(& HDCP 2.2,a hardware copyright protection in hdmi port). Maybe that video is talking about micro usb power adapter+cable which is needed for some versions of firestick.
Not possible with a non Jio Phone. You would need a basic Jio Phone and probably their monthly subcription

Mere Bhaiyo,PFA

*i68.tinypic.com/2crnhh5.jpg

Sorry for that dust all around. In my defence, I don't watch TV at all and it keeps on lying in front of a broken table. Seeing those wires, what kinda wires should I order along with a chromecast or something else. Have said adios to videocon/zee ch*tiya d2h.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Should not need any cable for the normal firestick as it simply plugs into hdmi port which your TV has. Btw that hdmi port looks dusty so maybe you want to check it out after cleaning a bit to make sure it is still working.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Should not need any cable for the normal firestick as it simply plugs into hdmi port which your TV has. Btw that hdmi port looks dusty so maybe you want to check it out after cleaning a bit to make sure it is still working.
Thanks, will clean it asap.
About firestick, my requirement is porting/mirroring tv channels from mobile to tv. Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos will never be used. Anything about this?
+ @meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
If you find an app to cast videos, you can either use Firestick or Chromecast through your HDMI port. First make sure that your app has cast support or can be sideloaded using Firestick. I think there is a custom JioTV version that works with Firestick. As far as I know, JioTV does not offer Chromecast support.

If you plan to buy Jio Phone, you can connect to TV using AV cable or HDMI port.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you find an app to cast videos, you can either use Firestick or Chromecast through your HDMI port. First make sure that your app has cast support or can be sideloaded using Firestick. I think there is a custom JioTV version that works with Firestick. As far as I know, JioTV does not offer Chromecast support.

If you plan to buy Jio Phone, you can connect to TV using AV cable or HDMI port.

Sorry for the late reply. Jiotv via firestick has mixed reviews. Some are saying that it works and others say that it doesn't with the new update. Won't be going for the jiophone. If someone can confirm jiotvs functionality with firestick then i will buy it instantly.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
What you read is right. I don't think Jio is keen to make it available for TVs yet. Their updates might break TV support even if you manage to get one now.

Top Bottom