Need Subtitle(.srt) Auto-Translating file software?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Honestly Google Translate is not the best translating tool, in fact I have found that bing translator is better than it. Perhaps the one thing that Microsoft did better than Google.

Google Translate works by analyzing data from multi language websites by comparing sentences in one language version of a website with another language version of the same website. This does not always result in an accurate translation since there are idiosyncrasies of a language that might not directly translate to another language.

As for OPs request, I don't think there is any other software that does this because almost everyone uses Google's API for this and if it's gone, what you will need is another similar web API that supports translating and the developers of the software will have to implement that. So, the best course of action is to keep an eye on that project and see if the developers eventually come up with a workaround or not.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Translation quality also depends on the language.e.g.japanese is probably the most difficult major language to machine translate because of its quite complex structure(e.g.a simple "one" can be translated into different words/characters depending on the context like whether it is one object,position no.1 or one person). Major & popular western languages have it much easier.e.g.french,german,spanish,portugese etc

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I have no idea about this auto translation.
But,
Google translate is that good? For one word, it's okay. But for a whole sentence, it sucks most of the time. At least that's my experience with google translate.

Yesh, I know, but Subedit do good job find and clear all errors...Even though it's use Google Translate..

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
You can do it the slow way,convert 80 lines at a time so it will take ~10-12 times to convert entire srt file using google translate.Should not take more than 5-6 minutes.

Today done one .srt file in Google translate, time took to complete 15 minutes, while playing in Media Player shows Syntex error... When change to VLC player....working fine.

But you will play in TV via USB will not support.

Top Bottom