Build Suggestion Required [60k-70k]

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Asking on behalf of a friend, who has been using his 8-year old core 2 duo system, and badly in need of an upgrade.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: AUTOCAD. Random gaming (read latest AC game, Tomb Raider etc.)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: ₹60,000 (Add 10k more if needed)

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows 10 (Worst OS ever)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: One 1 TB normal hard drive. And one budget SSD just for installing the apps and games.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: No. Not right now. But if it can be squeezed in why not!

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: Already have Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor (depending), UPS.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Sooner the better.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Haven't decided yet!

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Calcutta. MD is preferred, online. But if Vedant or any other place offers lower price then definitely that.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: The purchaser upgrading from a really old system like I said. And likes to use a computer long term. So this current system should run for at least five-six years minimum. So it has to be a solid system. Main usage would be office work, like in AUTOCAD, and other map related works. And then some random gaming like I mentioned at the beginning of the thread. However, gaming is not the priority, so the machine should be more of a workhorse, less a pure gaming rig. He also mentioned he can spend the least on the GPU, and upgrade later if need be.

And also, INTEL ONLY.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Saurav

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
50k is not enough for a Intel based system
Really? Fake inflation is affecting it isn't it?

Anyway, changed the OP. Budget edited to 60k now, and with additional provision of 10k if needed.

Kindly suggest fast, he needs the system ready by end of this week.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Intel® Core™ I5-8400 Desktop Processor-17,000
Asrock FATAL1TY B360 Gaming K4-9,100
Adata 8GB DDR4 RGB AX4U300038G16-SRS-5,900
Kingston A400 240GB-2,900(only ssd)
Gigabyte RX 580 8GB GDDR5 GAMING-20,000
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB511 RGB-5,900
Antec EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO 650W-6,800

Total:-67.6k

He can add 1TB mechanical drive later if he needs more space or can add 2k more and get kingston A400 480GB

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes,but it offers no advantage over rx580.Rx580 offers exra 2GB ram and amd free sync.
Thanks. He won't purchase an AMD though, so asked for the Nvidia equivalent.

Also he mentioned an inferior GPU would do, his main objective is to spend on a better CPU.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next lower option is 1050Ti which will not be able to handle(aka not smooth game play) rise of the tomb raider at very high quality preset at 1080p,same with AC:Odyssey.If willing to drop to lower quality preset then it will do.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks. He won't purchase an AMD though, so asked for the Nvidia equivalent.

Also he mentioned an inferior GPU would do, his main objective is to spend on a better CPU.

wow people in 2019 still thinks AMD is inferior :facepalm: and problem of getting a 1050ti is it is soon going to be outdated(you have written he will be using this system for 5-6 years) and yes AUTOCAD is a designing app so it need better GPU than CPU.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Passed the suggested specs. to the purchaser. He wanted to purchase from MD Comp, through his credit card online, but he couldn't find any EMI option! I myself checked, and there is none to be found! Has MD Computer stopped accepting installment payments? In that case are there any other websites which are selling at good prices? I know one, Vedant computers.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD Gaming RIG (GTX1060 6GB)

Budget -77K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 2600 -17k
Motherboard -Asus B450 Plus Gaming -9k
Graphics Card -Zotac GTX 1060 6GB -22k
RAM -Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 8GB -6k
SSD -Samsung 860 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD -9k
HDD -WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3k
Power Supply -Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 550w -6k
Cabinet -Antec P8 ATX Cabinet -5k

Total -77k

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Passed the suggested specs. to the purchaser. He wanted to purchase from MD Comp, through his credit card online, but he couldn't find any EMI option! I myself checked, and there is none to be found! Has MD Computer stopped accepting installment payments? In that case are there any other websites which are selling at good prices? I know one, Vedant computers.

The merchant (MD computer in this case) always get entire amount from credit card issuer (your bank, Amex etc.) as soon as you buy something on EMI. It is the bank which gets the amount back from you in installments, charging some interest and making profit from it.
You can first check with your credit card issuer if you can convert the amount into EMI after purchase, as its not always possible because it depends on multiple factors (ongoing bank offers, your credit history etc.). Just call the customer care and ask them.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The merchant (MD computer in this case) always get entire amount from credit card issuer (your bank, Amex etc.) as soon as you buy something on EMI. It is the bank which gets the amount back from you in installments, charging some interest and making profit from it.
You can first check with your credit card issuer if you can convert the amount into EMI after purchase, as its not always possible because it depends on multiple factors (ongoing bank offers, your credit history etc.). Just call the customer care and ask them.
I know how it goes! MD Computer's website is the only one till date where I don't see the Installment/EMI payment option any more! Maybe it will appear I have entered my Credit card details, but that's not how it should work anyway.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Attaching screenshot of finalised cart items. Kindly inform whether any changes to be made, like whether that motherboard goes fine with that CPU, or whether that CPU itself is fine enough or not. The budget was increased up to 1 lakh at last moment and therefore changes were made over the suggested rig in this thread.

Attachments

• IMG-20190211-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190211-WA0001.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG-20190211-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20190211-WA0003.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-20190211-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190211-WA0002.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 109

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Attaching screenshot of finalised cart items. Kindly inform whether any changes to be made, like whether that motherboard goes fine with that CPU, or whether that CPU itself is fine enough or not. The budget was increased up to 1 lakh at last moment and therefore changes were made over the suggested rig in this thread.

One thing regarding the cabinet: I have the same model (spec alpha white-red) and its really difficult to keep the white surface clean at all times, specially when you don't do dusting every other day. The dust and random stains looks quite prominent on it, which makes me think to switch to black red variant.
Assuming that you don't have special love for white color, I'd suggest to go for black red variant.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Everything looks good as vineet sharma white cabinet will attract more dusts you can switch it to grey silver to overcome this.
Which monitor did you selected?
AOC has some great looking monitors for good pricing
Best Buy 27 Inch LED Backlit Gaming Monitor in India| Monitors | Best Budget 19, 21 inch LED & LCD Monitors | AOC India

Last edited:

shreeux

Movie Buff

Great pick, post pic after assembled and review.

Top Bottom