The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Thanks, but any other options in 5.5 size & 64GB internal?
You won't get 5.5" good devices anymore, only one I can think of is Pixel 3, which is way more expensive.

If by 5.5" you mean 16:9 5.5" devices, then you should be fine with 6" 18:9 or 6.2" 19:9 devices as they have the same width but are taller than those old 5.5" devices. Mention your current phone.

The 5.8" Nokia 6.1 plus is the best compact phone at that price range. Honor 9N isn't that good & other good phones are 6" or bigger. Redmi 6 Pro is the only other good option I can think of, it ain't 5.5" either.

I avoid recommending Oppo, Vivo, Realme & other small manufacturers (10.or, etc) because I don't trust them. A lot of people buy phones from former 3 options but I still don't recommend it because of OS & inferior specs to Xiaomi.

Just buy before the sales end.

quicky008

Technomancer
I am looking for a sub 15k smartphone with a good camera, vibrant display and sufficient battery backup. My initial choice was asus max pro m1 but i read somewhere that it's camera quality is not that good and that its display quality is rather dull, besides its already a year old and is therefore unlikely to receive future Android updates. I was also interested in realme 2 pro, but its poor video recording capabilities was a major letdown.

So which phone would be the best suited for
my requirements? Is Samsung's m20 any good?

quicky008

Technomancer
the market is flooded with phones in the 10-15k price bracket but nearly all of them have very average cameras,which is really unfortunate.Even samsung,which was known earlier for incorporating decent cameras even in its budget smartphone lineup seems to have lost its edge,and its newer offerings,viz the m10 and m20 now ship with mediocre cameras.

how about xiaomi and motorola phones?do they have better cameras?

I am looking for a sub 15k smartphone with a good camera, vibrant display and sufficient battery backup. My initial choice was asus max pro m1 but i read somewhere that it's camera quality is not that good and that its display quality is rather dull, besides its already a year old and is therefore unlikely to receive future Android updates. I was also interested in realme 2 pro, but its poor video recording capabilities was a major letdown.

So which phone would be the best suited for
my requirements? Is Samsung's m20 any good?
Asus Max Pro M2 (not Max M2) is a great phone overall.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro has a good camera along with Mi A2, but Mi A2 has major cons like average battery life & no headphone jack.

Motorola phones aren't worth the money anymore. Samsung has better phones for the price than Moto maybe, definitely true under 15k with M20. M20 has an average camera but is a good phone overall for Samsung.

Redmi Note 7 is rumored for Feb 28 launch, so wait if you can.

I don't recommend Oppo, Vivo & Realme phones due to poorly optimized OS & reliability issues. Xiaomi & Huawei are trustworthy among Chinese brands IMO.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Guys.. Looking to buy a small form factor smartphone for my dad. RN3 that he is currently using is too big for him.

Primary requirements would be
1. Small form factor ( less than 5 inches) and light weight
2. Less than Rs. 10k

Kindly help.

Less than 5 inch is too small & maybe non-existent in today's world (if something exists, it won't be good).

Check Redmi 6 Pro, Honor 9N & Nokia 5.1 plus. Those might be as long as RN3, but lesser width. IMO more width makes the phone feel big (unless you are Sony & release 21:9 phones).
Compare Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Redmi 6 Pro) vs. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 vs. Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5) - GSMArena.com
I'd say get Nokia as your father will prefer it over Chinese brands.

Sale is on Wednesday.
Going to purchase it.
If you find better alternative please let me know.
If you really want that 128GB & best hardware, RN7P is the way to go. Best SoC & camera for the price.

I personally don't like their ads on UI, so Zenfone Max Pro M2 is the next best choice.

Top Bottom