Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
PS4 is a no brainer, just like PS2 and PS3. But it is still not at the desired price of either 20k new or 10k used. So the wait continues.

One of my friends were able to get PS4 Slim for 26k, with one free game and 2 dualshock controllers during flipkart diwali sales. That was pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
One of my friends were able to get PS4 Slim for 26k, with one free game and 2 dualshock controllers during flipkart diwali sales. That was pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
I don't really think its all that sweet because PS4 Slim was going for $200 in usa during sales as well so 26k is too much.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I don't really think its all that sweet because PS4 Slim was going for $200 in usa during sales as well so 26k is too much.

Satisfaction can never be achieved if we keep on comparing US prices wrt India lol. The price gap is always going to be there so at best we can just try to narrow it as much as possible. If buying stuff from US isn't an option, its better to compare Indian prices only.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Satisfaction can never be achieved if we keep on comparing US prices wrt India lol. The price gap is always going to be there so at best we can just try to narrow it as much as possible. If buying stuff from US isn't an option, its better to compare Indian prices only.
Ok if you compare Indian prices, then 5 years after launch PS3 was around 18k so i would expect PS4 to be not more than 20k considering depreciation in rupee. Atleast that's what i think the fair price is.
Edit: Also PS3 had free online.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Ok if you compare Indian prices, then 5 years after launch PS3 was around 18k so i would expect PS4 to be not more than 20k considering depreciation in rupee. Atleast that's what i think the fair price is.
Edit: Also PS3 had free online.

I am coming from a different perspective. What I meant from "sweet deal" is that you get to buy something @ 26k which is normally priced @ 35k (extra controller bundle with a free game) in Indian market. I am not considering the fact that why it is still @ 35k at first place. We "must" find the best option from available options, at the end.
Well surprisingly, 18k in 2011 values at appox. 26.5k in 2018, plus you are getting additional controller (which itself costs 4k min. if bought seperately). Also, PS4 has been a lot more successful than PS3. So it infact is a pretty sweet deal. lol

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I am coming from a different perspective. What I meant from "sweet deal" is that you get to buy something @ 26k which is normally priced @ 35k (extra controller bundle with a free game) in Indian market. I am not considering the fact that why it is still @ 35k at first place. We "must" find the best option from available options, at the end.
Well surprisingly, 18k in 2011 values at appox. 26.5k in 2018, plus you are getting additional controller (which itself costs 4k min. if bought seperately). Also, PS4 has been a lot more successful than PS3. So it infact is a pretty sweet deal. lol
I wouldn't call it sweet deal considering PS5 is on the horizon. Also i already have a PC backlog and eventually will get PS4 when it is at my desired price

Gollum

Collector
I wouldn't call it sweet deal considering PS5 is on the horizon. Also i already have a PC backlog and eventually will get PS4 when it is at my desired price
I used to think like this. Now I dont play any games. Times have changed.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
When your whole life flashes between your eyes, how much of it do you want to not be playstation exclusive #JUSTBUYIT

Gollum

Collector
Not sure why playing games isn't precious to you anymore. :No pun intended:
I am in front of a 14" laptop for 8 hours in the office.
When I'm not in front of the laptop screen, I have a mobile screen in front of me. (breaks and travel time etc)
When I reach home, I want to relax my mind and body so I lie down and either sleep or watch TV while I have my supper and go to sleep.

This is my schedule for 5 days every week.
On the weekends, I try to go out for a ride on my bike or do some other physical activity around the house.
When I'm not riding, I try to catch up on some lost sleep and or try to some household work.
I barely get 5 hours of sleep during the weekdays.

Things were different when I was a student.
I had lots of time away from any kind of Display. So I could easily sit for 8-9 hours in front of the PC and play games.
I longed for a PS2 but could not afford one. A PS3 was a dream.

Now I have the money to buy any game or console I want but no time to even take them out of the box.

The last PS4 game disc that my wife gifted me is still sealed in its original box ;(

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
*kotaku.com/massive-lines-in-south-korea-for-the-playstation-4-1832045873

This is the line after Sony announced limited time price cut in south korea which is a rich country. Why do you think so many people there lined up if the ps4 is already a good deal? Because it wasn't. And neither us it in India. I can think of so many people like me holding out for a reasonable price as well.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Even I have stopped playing games...

But planning to buy a new or used PS4 ... When I get a good deal.. not hardcore gaming but some occasional time pass ..

Tight now only watching YouTube gameplays .. it's much better than stupid flood of webseries now days

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

But planning to buy a new or used PS4 ... When I get a good deal.. not hardcore gaming but some occasional time pass ..

Tight now only watching YouTube gameplays .. it's much better than stupid flood of webseries now days
I also stopped playing games
I watch YouTube documentaries on archeology and history topics
Also I watch Amazon Prime & Disney + Hotstar
I don't know why I lost interest in playing games.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz

Buy a used PS4 when PS5 is launched. you will get them for cheaper than now.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I also stopped playing games
I watch YouTube documentaries on archeology and history topics
Also I watch Amazon Prime & Disney + Hotstar
I don't know why I lost interest in playing games.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Oh long time man.. hope you doing good

I just want to keep a console around.. in case to play something when have time

Top Bottom