Steam

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
IIRC, DA:I was banned or EA decided not to release because of gay content.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Nothing was confirmed by EA. It was all speculation. And isn't gay legalized in India now?
I think it was more to do with that beast character that the player can have a romance option with.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Guys, are you able to pay on Steam. I have been stuck at cart with "There was a problem" error. Have been trying since yesterday, restated Steam client and then PC too but no luck. I tried using Android mobile app but got stuck at "Choose your card type" at Novaplay payment.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys, are you able to pay on Steam. I have been stuck at cart with "There was a problem" error. Have been trying since yesterday, restated Steam client and then PC too but no luck. I tried using Android mobile app but got stuck at "Choose your card type" at Novaplay payment.
For me also I made 2 payments where the 1st payment went through and for 2nd payment it got stuck and asked for bank accounta verification through my mail and after I did it went through successfully.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
For me also I made 2 payments where the 1st payment went through and for 2nd payment it got stuck and asked for bank accounta verification through my mail and after I did it went through successfully.
Thank you for responding. I had to try several times. but I managed to purchase the games this morning. May be there was a issue in novaplay.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Valve and Microsoft may be working on Steam/Xbox cross-play

Would you like to see more Steam/Xbox cross integration

Cross-platform multiplayer has exploded in popularity in recent years, with titles like Rocket League and Fortnite leading the charge, with PC, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch supporting cross-play with several popular titles.

Now it looks like Valve and Microsoft are working together to bridge the multiplayer divides that sometimes mar the PC gaming landscape, with each company seemingly working on a solution that will allow Steam and Xbox Live to communicate with one another.

Recent additions to the Steam Beta Github repository have suggested that SteamIDs could be used to reference optional Xbox Live account data, an "xbox_pairwise_id". This change could allow Steam and Xbox Live accounts to be linked together, allowing games on Xbox and Steam to play together with greater ease.

In the past, some PC games on the Windows 10 Store didn't support multiplayer with their respective game's Steam versions, with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Windows 10 Store version offering independent servers which lacked a large enough playerbase to be viable as a multiplayer game. This forced Microsoft to deliver refunds to players who wanted to play the game online, with PC cross-launcher play becoming another sticking point for Microsoft's PC game store.

Microsoft has committed to improving their presence on PC, with cross-launcher multiplayer acting as an ideal starting point. This also would open the door for Microsoft to release more of their games on Steam, which would be great news for PC gamers who opt to avoid Microsoft's unintuitive storefront.

Source: Valve and Microsoft may be working on Steam/Xbox cross-play

Valve and Microsoft may be working on Steam/Xbox cross-play

Would you like to see more Steam/Xbox cross integration

Cross-platform multiplayer has exploded in popularity in recent years, with titles like Rocket League and Fortnite leading the charge, with PC, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch supporting cross-play with several popular titles.

Now it looks like Valve and Microsoft are working together to bridge the multiplayer divides that sometimes mar the PC gaming landscape, with each company seemingly working on a solution that will allow Steam and Xbox Live to communicate with one another.

Recent additions to the Steam Beta Github repository have suggested that SteamIDs could be used to reference optional Xbox Live account data, an "xbox_pairwise_id". This change could allow Steam and Xbox Live accounts to be linked together, allowing games on Xbox and Steam to play together with greater ease.

In the past, some PC games on the Windows 10 Store didn't support multiplayer with their respective game's Steam versions, with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Windows 10 Store version offering independent servers which lacked a large enough playerbase to be viable as a multiplayer game. This forced Microsoft to deliver refunds to players who wanted to play the game online, with PC cross-launcher play becoming another sticking point for Microsoft's PC game store.

Microsoft has committed to improving their presence on PC, with cross-launcher multiplayer acting as an ideal starting point. This also would open the door for Microsoft to release more of their games on Steam, which would be great news for PC gamers who opt to avoid Microsoft's unintuitive storefront.

Source: Valve and Microsoft may be working on Steam/Xbox cross-play
Microsoft should make Xbox a subsidized PC with proper Win10 OS. Ideally, that would be better for consumers, but might not be a good move financially for Microsoft.

Xbox is a powerful PC held back by its software.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Microsoft should make Xbox a subsidized PC with proper Win10 OS. Ideally, that would be better for consumers, but might not be a good move financially for Microsoft.

Xbox is a powerful PC held back by its software.

The cost of Xbox will double overnight :p

Xbox itself is sold at a minor loss and they make their revenue through software and subscriptions. Putting Win 10 on it will pretty much eliminate that revenue source.

The cost of Xbox will double overnight :p

Xbox itself is sold at a minor loss and they make their revenue through software and subscriptions. Putting Win 10 on it will pretty much eliminate that revenue source.
I know. Not expecting it for sure. But currently, Xbox seems superior to me than PS4 software wise. Also, MS is more open to crossplay etc whereas Sony is acting like Apple.

Are you sure xbox ui is suprerior than ps4 ui?
From my limited experience, yes. Initially, it was bad, but after Win10 like changes, I think its good + much better backward compatibility.

My opinions are a bit skewed because my limited experience has mostly been on Xbox, so I'm not the best guy for the comparison.

Things I'm sure of are that Xbox One X is better than any PS4 (even Pro) hardware wise but PS has better exclusive games.

So, where would India lie, South Asia? It still is negligible.

I remember reading somewhere a year ago or so that India had 0.5% of steam users.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
So, where would India lie, South Asia? It still is negligible.

I remember reading somewhere a year ago or so that India had 0.5% of steam users.

Yeah
South Asia - India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, etc
South East Asia - Indonesia, Malaysia, Phillipines, etc
Asia - China, Japan, Korea, etc

The graph shows sales by region not player count or owner count. Means actual "money spenders" which Indians are not.

Yeah
South Asia - India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, etc
South East Asia - Indonesia, Malaysia, Phillipines, etc
Asia - China, Japan, Korea, etc

The graph shows sales by region not player count or owner count. Means actual "money spenders" which Indians are not.
Indians would be playing DOTA 2 & CS GO now on steam. Makes sense.

Top Bottom