** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I am afraid you have to try it to know that. If you trust your LCO of good support, that will be something for you. Talk to someone helpful at BSNL exchange and ask about how they are planning to provide line.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Applying wireless broadband logic to wired broadband. BSNL never disappoints with it's retardness. :facepalm:

Tried going to BSNL selfcare site to check plans
*i.postimg.cc/yWqwT1tY/Capture.png
:facepalm: :facepalm:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's an URL.
BSNL CUSTOMER CARE

But not, whether this works now.
It never worked,plan change will never happen without a written application submitted at local exchange.Applying online just makes the process a bit faster as probably their internal system then tracks the status of application.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
It never worked,plan change will never happen without a written application submitted at local exchange.Applying online just makes the process a bit faster as probably their internal system then tracks the status of application.

The selfcare site did work for me because that is how i changed it to 249 plan before. The security certificate for the site has expired though.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it never worked for me,at least here in NCR region.Maybe they changed it in later years(post 2014-15 maybe) or maybe it depends on region.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Yes, they have enforced that FUP limit from this month. No more 'happy browsing'. And they have revised mine BB249 to BB299. Now FUP limit for my plan is not based on monthly data, but daily.

Flash

Lost in speed
^ Yes, they have enforced that FUP limit from this month. No more 'happy browsing'.
Too bad. Atleast they should've left the speed after FUP as 2Mbps (as they've increased the minimum BB limit from 512kbps to 2Mbps in 2017), as it existed before Happy Browsing offer for below 600/- plans. Now, they have changed it to 1Mbps.

Reactions: nac

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
See This:
BSNL injecting banner ads into broadband user connections
Hi everyone
unfortunately you have reached the wrong conclusion. Please read this thread: BSNL is NOT injecting the ads into our HTTP connections!! It's a CDN server called tinypass. Block them! They are deliberately maligning BSNL! : IndiaSpeaks

BSNL IS NOT INJECTING ads. Please check the Browser call stack for that request. (I have included snapshots in that Reddit link and you will quite clearly see that from the Firefox Call Stack, it's quite clear that tinypass.min.js is the culprit! If you then examine the src code for TinyPass you will immediately notice that they have hard-coded the BSNL IP in their Javascript. (Please read that Reddit link: it explains with snapshots, what's going on). TinyPass is a CDN and their developer.tinypass.com is hosted on AirTel!

It looks to me like TinyPass is playing the role of the East India Company and typing up with a debt ridden Airtel to UNJUSTLY ruin BSNLs reputation! Please reconsider your evidence and recheck your facts.
Ciao

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Everyone knows that BSNL is not injecting ads intentionally. It is some third party making use of the totally unsecure BSNL network for their own profit. It is BSNL's job to secure their network.

A year ago this happened:
BrickerBot Dev Claims Cyber-Attack That Affected Over 60,000 Indian Modems

And the security still hasn't changed much since then.

Flash

Lost in speed
Seems like this month there is no FUP limit.
Furthermore, the telco also ended its ‘Happy Browsing‘ Offer in most circles, meaning the once you exhaust daily FUP, your speeds will be dropped to 1 Mbps.

BSNL Rs 299 Broadband Plan Now Offers 1.5GB Daily Data Every Month

Top Bottom