** ~10k mobile advice thread **

quicky008

Technomancer
i have been thinking of buying a smartphone within 10-13k.?I like the specs and the features offered by asus zenfone max pro m1 and redmi note 6 pro-of these 2,which one would be the better choice?

Which brand is better(out of asus and Mi) in terms of after sales service and durability?

Will asus' upcoming zenfone m2 fit into my budget?

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
i have been thinking of buying a smartphone within 10-13k.?I like the specs and the features offered by asus zenfone max pro m1 and redmi note 6 pro-of these 2,which one would be the better choice?

Which brand is better(out of asus and Mi) in terms of after sales service and durability?

Zenfone.

ashs1

Padawan
Any suggestions for a sub 7k smartphone? So far, the only worthwhile option seems to be redmi 6A..As this would be a secondary phone for a colleague, his only requirement is a handy smartphone. He already has a redmi note 4.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Minion

Conversation Architect
Any suggestions for a sub 7k smartphone? So far, the only worthwhile option seems to be redmi 6A..As this would be a secondary phone for a colleague, his only requirement is a handy smartphone. He already has a redmi note 4.

Ask you friend to increase his budget and get zenfone max M2

Minion

Conversation Architect

Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 (Blue, 32 GB) Online at Best Price Only On Flipkart.com

kartikoli

Busy!!
Redmi note 4 user (4gb+64gb+ screen broken :banghead: ) and my primary use is email notifications, whatsapp and rocketchat app (for job purpose). Phone is lying close to my desktop almost all the time, in short I don't use it much. I would prefer stock or any stable ROM but if its something else I can adjust though would like to have good screen.
There was no plan for a new phone but phone screen broke so have to get a new one now, I can wait a bit if needed
Please advice which phone should be good in 10~15k range

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Redmi note 4 user (4gb+64gb+ screen broken :banghead: ) and my primary use is email notifications, whatsapp and rocketchat app (for job purpose). Phone is lying close to my desktop almost all the time, in short I don't use it much. I would prefer stock or any stable ROM but if its something else I can adjust though would like to have good screen.
There was no plan for a new phone but phone screen broke so have to get a new one now, I can wait a bit if needed
Please advice which phone should be good in 10~15k range

I was just looking for phones in the same range. Asus zenfone max pro 1, Motorola one power, Redmi 6 pro, Samsung galaxy on6/on7/on8/j8, these look as good options (upwards 10k).

kartikoli

Busy!!
My brother had bad experience with asus so I am avoiding Asus but if it's good then I can consider. How about realme phones?
I was just looking for phones in the same range. Asus zenfone max pro 1, Motorola one power, Redmi 6 pro, Samsung galaxy on6/on7/on8/j8, these look as good options (upwards 10k).

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
My brother had bad experience with asus so I am avoiding Asus but if it's good then I can consider. How about realme phones?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

realme, cant say. depends on how's the oppo service in your city.
btw it seems almost everybody is raving about the asus phone (6gb variant)! am now confused between the asus phone & moto one power.

kartikoli

Busy!!
Now I am confused which one to pick
Realme 2 Pro (Ice Lake, 64 GB) Online at Best Price Only On Flipkart.com
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 (Blue, 64 GB) Online at Best Price Only On Flipkart.com

Asus have Stock android which is great and 5000 battery but on youtube they say it took 2h 30min to fully charge so thats not something good but anyways, not an issue for me as I won't be using my phone too much. I think I'll wait for first sale so real reviews pop up and we can see what are the issues people are facing

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Now I am confused which one to pick
Realme 2 Pro (Ice Lake, 64 GB) Online at Best Price Only On Flipkart.com
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 (Blue, 64 GB) Online at Best Price Only On Flipkart.com

Asus have Stock android which is great and 5000 battery but on youtube they say it took 2h 30min to fully charge so thats not something good but anyways, not an issue for me as I won't be using my phone too much. I think I'll wait for first sale so real reviews pop up and we can see what are the issues people are facing
Personally i would get Asus because i would prefer stock Android over colorOS and would prefer the 5000mah battery.

ashs1

Padawan
Early reviews indicate that Asus has solved what was maxpro M1's weakness - Image quality. The newer sensor apparently captures more detail and is definitely better than its predecessor..

ashs1

Padawan
Way too big..defeats the purpose of having a handy secondary phone.

Got Redmi 6A for the colleague..Size is perfect for one hand usage. Display looks decent and the back camera is sufficient for your normal day-to-day usage. The front camera was not that good and the phone ships with MIUI 9. I haven't checked which OS ver. is installed or whether MIUI 10 update is available. And like most Xiaomi phones, the phone is slim.

kartikoli

Busy!!
When is realme 3 launching? I guess that might be an answer to Asus M2 so is it worth waiting or should I go for Asus next sale?

Top Bottom