Using E-Sim in iPhone XS Max

I just got an unlocked iPhone XS Max. My sim is still connected with my iPhone 6s Plus, which is still running great.

Is there a way i can use e-Sim connected with my main sim for my Max in such a way that, when I turn off my iPhone 6s, it should automatically enable network in Max?

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Here's how to use Dual SIM feature for Airtel on iPhone XS and XR- Technology News, Firstpost

I just read this article. So is it possible that after enabling eSIM, i can take out the main SIM, and put it back? to old device?

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Here's how to use Dual SIM feature for Airtel on iPhone XS and XR- Technology News, Firstpost

I just read this article. So is it possible that after enabling eSIM, i can take out the main SIM, and put it back? to old device?

This is interesting. I tried reading some articles but couldn't find anything helpful, but I don't think it would work.
Your physical sim should get useless once you convert it from sim to esim, or you will again have to send some messages to reactivate it again. This is because service providers always have a sim number joined with the actual contact number. Once you convert it to esim, your service provider will replace it with your phone's esim number. If you need to convert it back to physical sim again, you will have to pay a visit to service provider store for a new SIM. In India, only Airtel and Jio supports esim feature as of now.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
This is interesting. I tried reading some articles but couldn't find anything helpful, but I don't think it would work.
Your physical sim should get useless once you convert it from sim to esim, or you will again have to send some messages to reactivate it again. This is because service providers always have a sim number joined with the actual contact number. Once you convert it to esim, your service provider will replace it with your phone's esim number. If you need to convert it back to physical sim again, you will have to pay a visit to service provider store for a new SIM. In India, only Airtel and Jio supports esim feature as of now.

Yes I have an Airtel Prepaid. 6 months ago when i bought an apple watch, e-Sim wasn't supported by Airtel prepaid. So looking into your solution, you are saying that E-Sim and physical sim cannot work?

What if someone has a physical sim and uses e-Sim with his apple watch? In that case both sims work. iPhone XS Max uses the same E-Sim as apple watch.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Yes I have an Airtel Prepaid. 6 months ago when i bought an apple watch, e-Sim wasn't supported by Airtel prepaid. So looking into your solution, you are saying that E-Sim and physical sim cannot work?

What if someone has a physical sim and uses e-Sim with his apple watch? In that case both sims work. iPhone XS Max uses the same E-Sim as apple watch.

This is confusing. Well, this article says that your existing physical will be "converted" into esim, meaning the physical sim will be unusable:

Apple iPhone XS, XS Max and XR: How to set up Airtel dual-eSIM | Gadgets Now

This article says that Airtel has stopped registration of new esim's for some time (oct 31 post): How to enable eSIM and Dual SIM on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR on Airtel in India
I did not find any information of using esim on iphones on official Airtel site. You should contact customer care before trying anything to avoid unnecessary "sim deactivation" hassles.

Top Bottom