Aravind Ram

Broken In
15088441196561212558578.jpg
15088441196561212558578.jpg
Hi geeks. I'm using a HP Notebook 15-ac092TU laptop. The problem is the plastic panel of the laptop screen is broken. The HP service centre says that it will cost around Rs. 3000 to change the panel. Now I have cellotaped it temporarily. Can anybody suggest me a better & cost efficient solution? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1508844324367-486932789.jpg
    1508844324367-486932789.jpg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 194

billubakra

Conversation Architect
3000 for that thing is way too much. Check with local repairing shops.
Or use a transparent cello tape along with fevi quick. This may not be recommended by other members though.

vito scalleta

In the zone
No. Still using it the same way as it is with the help of transparent cellophane tape. I couldn't afford a repair for now because I'm broke.

Even if u could afford it paying that much for a simple repair is not worth it. There must be some much cheaper DIY method out ther that would fix your problem. and as Whitestar mentioned you should check with the local shops .

OP
Aravind Ram

Aravind Ram

Broken In
Even if u could afford it paying that much for a simple repair is not worth it. There must be some much cheaper DIY method out ther that would fix your problem. and as Whitestar mentioned you should check with the local shops .
Sure. Thanks.
But I'm a little bit reluctant towards handing over my hardware to a third party/store. Also some shops may tell us to submit the laptop and would ask to come this day or that day to their convenience. This procedure kinda freaks me out. So for now just using it as it is but carefully...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure. Thanks.
But I'm a little bit reluctant towards handing over my hardware to a third party/store. Also some shops may tell us to submit the laptop and would ask to come this day or that day to their convenience. This procedure kinda freaks me out. So for now just using it as it is but carefully...
For such repair no good shop will ask you to wait for days,it should be done in front of you within an hour or two.

Top Bottom