Drones

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

So, 2 colleagues of mine are interested in opening a store for selling drones. Since, the smaller drones like the one's used in weddings and functions don't require any license or something so they are eying that category.
The laws about flying drones, I think they have not been amended till date
Want to Fly a Drone in India? Here's Everything You Should Know Before You Do!

Any other good company besides DJI and Syma?
All Drones with Camera - DJI.com
About us - Company - SYMA Official Site

From where do these online sellers source the drones? Any distributor network?
*www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=drones
Drone Camera - Buy Drone Camera online at Best Prices in India | Flipkart.com

Any Digitian got a drone?

Any other idea/suggestion will be appreciated.
@whitestar_999 @Vyom @Minion @patkim @gta5 @SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb

Thanks

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My friend got a drone from banggood.com. Very small one. It's just a toy and not anything fancy.
That's all the experience I have of drones. :p

But I want to buy one too. I can get amazing shots with drones.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do check with local authorities/lawyers in advance as laws can be very ambiguous sometimes(aka potential for bribes).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
My friend got a drone from banggood.com. Very small one. It's just a toy and not anything fancy.
That's all the experience I have of drones.

But I want to buy one too. I can get amazing shots with drones.

Yaar tere shehar mein koi wholesaler ka pta hai?

Do check with local authorities/lawyers in advance as laws can be very ambiguous sometimes(aka potential for bribes).

Well before clearing the legalities the acquisition source should be cleared. Unfortunately that's not the case here.

Those weddings photographers use high end heavy load drones. They don't have any licenses, at least here.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
From what I heard, all kind of drones might soon need some license. That is mainly because they want to identify it ( it's a huge security risk ). Something like a number plate for car will be there for the drones soon. If I understand correctly, a draft has already been submitted.

Check with other sources too.

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
From what I heard, all kind of drone might soon need some license. That is mainly because they want to identify it ( it's a huge security risk ). Something like a number plate for car will be there for drones soon. If I understand correctly, a draft has already been submitted.

Check with other sources too.
Check the first link that I have posted. Having an unique number for all drones isn't possible. Those 1000 bucks helicopters also come in the category of drones. They are sold like everywhere. No way to identify them.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Again a lot of this is for the larger 2.5kg and above drones. For the mini and micro drones, where most racing and photo drones sit the rules are not that stringent

Gollum

Collector
I have a DJI Mavic Pro.

More then selling, there would be scope for repair and parts.
All DJI drones come with an app, this will tell you about no fly zones.

Also, newer drones are much sturdy and wont break easily.
The mavic Air and Spark are almost non destructible.
The new Mavic Pro 2 and Mavic Zoom is much more well built than the 1st gen Mavic Pro.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
You can now legally fly drones in India: 12 things to know | Gadgets Now

So now it seems that there is a way to legally fly drones

Pretty hard to get good drones at decent price in India.

Hello,
to all of you

and
@billubakra

Actually, my relative is coming from US, Can you please suggest some good Drone with Camera that I can get from there? Actually I just need it to use for fun and in Vacations, so nothing much is required, just Enough Flying time and Good Resolution Camera. Hope to get reply soon.

Thank You.

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Top Bottom