24 " monitor 1920 x 1080 below 10 k

vindance1

Journeyman
1. Budget?
10,000 INR (Max)
2. Display type and size?
24 Inch
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Browsing, watching movies.
4. Types and number of ports required?
Only VGA will do.
5. Preferred choice of brand?
None. But highly durable.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Acer - R240HY Abmidx
Acer 23.8 inch Full HD LED Backlit Monitor Price in India - Buy Acer 23.8 inch Full HD LED Backlit Monitor online at Flipkart.com
LG - 24M38H-B.ATR
LG 24 inch Full HD LED Backlit Monitor Price in India - Buy LG 24 inch Full HD LED Backlit Monitor online at Flipkart.com

7. Any other info that you want to share.
There should be a workaround to wall mount the monitor.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Acer KG241Q
Thank for the suggestion. But I was not being able to find this on flipkart so I went with this one: Acer R240HY Abmidx
Acer 23.8 inch Full HD LED Backlit Monitor Price in India - Buy Acer 23.8 inch Full HD LED Backlit Monitor online at Flipkart.com

Hope i didnt made a mistake.

quicky008

Technomancer
how's the display quality of this monitor?Do you experience any kind of ghosting or blurriness while viewing scenes involving fast moving objects or while gaming?

Also does anyone know what's Acer's after sales service in india like as compared to known players like samsung/dell/lg etc?

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
how's the display quality of this monitor?Do you experience any kind of ghosting or blurriness while viewing scenes involving fast moving objects or while gaming?

Also does anyone know what's Acer's after sales service in india like as compared to known players like samsung/dell/lg etc?

I do not have much idea about the monitors but so far:

1. only 1 dead pixel
2. no backlight bleeding
3. response time is ok. movie viewing is great. but might feel little odd in fast paced game (not tested though)

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I do not have much idea about the monitors but so far:

1. only 1 dead pixel
2. no backlight bleeding
3. response time is ok. movie viewing is great. but might feel little odd in fast paced game (not tested though)

Dead pixel in a new monitor? Why don't you get it replalced?

quicky008

Technomancer
it wasn't sarcasm by any stretch of imagination.

the reason i asked this was that i remember reading somewhere that a certain manufacturer (hp as far as i can remember)refused to replace a guy's newly bought monitor even though it had 1 or 2 dead pixels-they stated that its considered normal for even new panels to have a very few dead pixels,and so the guy was stuck with a faulty monitor and there was nothing he could do about it.

most companies have a policy which determines whats the least amount of dead pixels that a display must have to be considered faulty-therefore its advisable to do a bit of research in this regard while buying a new monitor to avoid any potential headaches later

The panel of my old samsung monitor was replaced a couple of times even when it had developed a single dead pixel-so i had no issues with it.But the sad thing is that the panel that was replaced for the final time developed a dead pixel just after the warranty expired-and since replacing it again would entail a significant cost i decided to keep using it and its been working ok since then.

Last edited:

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
it wasn't sarcasm by any stretch of imagination.

the reason i asked this was that i remember reading somewhere that a certain manufacturer (hp as far as i can remember)refused to replace a guy's newly bought monitor even though it had 1 or 2 dead pixels-they stated that its considered normal for even new panels to have a very few dead pixels,and so the guy was stuck with a faulty monitor and there was nothing he could do about it.

most companies have a policy which determines whats the least amount of dead pixels that a display must have to be considered faulty-therefore its advisable to do a bit of research in this regard while buying a new monitor to avoid any potential headaches later

The panel of my old samsung monitor was replaced a couple of times even when it had developed a single dead pixel-so i had no issues with it.But the sad thing is that the panel that was replaced for the final time developed a dead pixel just after the warranty expired-and since replacing it again would entail a significant cost i decided to keep using it and its been working ok since then.

Hmm, this is new for me too. Dead pixels occur either due to poor production or bad shipping. It must be taken care under the warranty or shipping insurance. I'll try to get some source on this.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read in some LCD TV/Monitor(don't remember which one) warranty T&C that minimum of 4 dead pixels are required for claiming replacement.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I read in some LCD TV/Monitor(don't remember which one) warranty T&C that minimum of 4 dead pixels are required for claiming replacement.
That minimum dead pixels requirement vary from company to company and product to product. Ex Dell Ultrasharp has lower requirement than their lower end monitors.

Top Bottom