New Video Editing PC for 60k

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mostly editing softwares like Premiere, After effects, Photoshop

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Strictly Rs.60,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No but if there is room why not

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Minimum capacity SSD that can house both OS and my editing softwares plus an additional backup harddrive of one TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 22" or 24". Any monitor with good sRGB and Adobe RGB values within the budget

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Nothing, building from scratch

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I can assemble it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chennai, Thiruvanmiyur

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I will be mostly using this system for the next 3 years. I am more inclined towards Ryzen based setup as it is more cost efficient. I am open to suggestions but strictly within 60k budget.

Edit 1: No speakers are required. I have good quality headphones. Sorry @bssunilreddy

Edit 2: My friend is returning from US by November. If i can buy one, two or anymore components from US, kindly suggest accordingly.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Config:-

1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400 APU - 13,200

2. MOBO: Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming – 9,700

3. RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Series 8GB DDR4 3000 MHz - 6,100

4. SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD -11000,

5. PSU: Antec Earth Watts Gold Pro 550w -5700,

6. Monitor: LG 22MP68VQ-P 22” LED IPS - 9500,

7. Cabinet: Corsair Carbide SPEC-04 – 3000,

8. KB +Mouse: Logitech Gaming Combo G100 – 2500,

9. Speakers: Logitech Z323 2.1 Speakers – 3000,

10. UPS: APC 600VA 230V Backups (BX600C-IN) – 2700.

TOTAL -66,400.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Adobe products works better with Intel than Ryzen. But Intel chips are extremely over priced now. What Sunil suggested is decent rig, go for 250GB version of that SSD + 1TB WD Blue. If you can save here and there some, you may be able to squeeze in one more 8gb stick.

I don't think latest Intel or Ryzen chip work with Windows 7.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't get any gigabyte or asus tuf mobo for ryzen,they are waste of money as much better options are available within same price range.Either get MSI tomahawk or MSI gaming carbon pro ac(best b350/450 mobo currently & totally worth its price).Asrock AB350 pro4/X370(basically renamed version of AB350 pro 4)/B450 pro 4 are other good budget ryzen mobos.

Win 7 can be made to work on latest intel/amd processors with a few tweaks/patches.There is a reason why all major mobo manufacturers still list win 7 drivers in their support page for latest mobos.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Adobe products works better with Intel than Ryzen. But Intel chips are extremely over priced now. What Sunil suggested is decent rig, go for 250GB version of that SSD + 1TB WD Blue. If you can save here and there some, you may be able to squeeze in one more 8gb stick. I don't think latest Intel or Ryzen chip work with Windows 7.

Thanks Nac. Will look in to adjust and squeeze.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Don't get any gigabyte or asus tuf mobo for ryzen,they are waste of money as much better options are available within same price range.Either get MSI tomahawk or MSI gaming carbon pro ac(best b350/450 mobo currently & totally worth its price).Asrock AB350 pro4/X370(basically renamed version of AB350 pro 4)/B450 pro 4 are other good budget ryzen mobos. Win 7 can be made to work on latest intel/amd processors with a few tweaks/patches.There is a reason why all major mobo manufacturers still list win 7 drivers in their support page for latest mobos.

Thanks whitestar for these suggestions. I will keep this in mind. What would be the price difference if i choose MSI or AsRock motherboard? Also, if i plan to squeeze a Ryzen 5 2600 instead of Ryzen 5 2400G, what changes would be required and is that a good choice? Need your inputs too @bssunilreddy and @nac

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all do some thorough research on gfx cards advantage for editing softwares.Ryzen G processors have decent integrated graphics but their performance hugely depends on frequency of ram & dual channel.It means you will have to buy 2 8gb ram sticks of atleast 3000mhz instead of getting 1 stick of 16gb 3000mhz which might be cheaper.

Another very important factor to consider is that integrated graphics of Ryzen G is not supported on win 7/8.1 so you will have to use win 10 but no such issue with usual ryzen processors.Any usual ryzen processor will always be better cpu-wise compared to corresponding ryzen G processor so only reason for getting ryzen G should be the use of its integrated graphics or if your only option is choosing between 2200g & ryzen 3.

Check mdcomputers.in,vedantcomputers.com,primeabgb.com,theitdepot.com,onlyssd.com(best ssd selling site in India,it is primeabgb division for selling only ssd & they are the official distributors of many ssd brands in India so their prices are always the best) for pc components prices.md & vedant are located in kolkata while primeabgb is in mumbai & itdepot is in chennai/bangalore.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
First of all do some thorough research on gfx cards advantage for editing softwares.Ryzen G processors have decent integrated graphics but their performance hugely depends on frequency of ram & dual channel.It means you will have to buy 2 8gb ram sticks of atleast 3000mhz instead of getting 1 stick of 16gb 3000mhz which might be cheaper. Another very important factor to consider is that integrated graphics of Ryzen G is not supported on win 7/8.1 so you will have to use win 10 but no such issue with usual ryzen processors.Any usual ryzen processor will always be better cpu-wise compared to corresponding ryzen G processor so only reason for getting ryzen G should be the use of its integrated graphics or if your only option is choosing between 2200g & ryzen 3. Check mdcomputers.in,vedantcomputers.com,primeabgb.com,theitdepot.com,onlyssd.com(best ssd selling site in India,it is primeabgb division for selling only ssd & they are the official distributors of many ssd brands in India so their prices are always the best) for pc components prices.md & vedant are located in kolkata while primeabgb is in mumbai & itdepot is in chennai/bangalore.

Okay i will check the above mentioned sites. ITdepot is very near to me but they quote high prices always. I am planning to buy it from Ritchie street, Chennai where i can easily save a couple of thousand when compared to ITdepot. Can you suggest a build with Ryzen 5 2600. That way i can use Windows 7. Do i need to buy a discrete graphics card?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,with ryzen non-G processors you need to use gfx card otherwise there will be no display at all.
ryzen 5 2600---17100
ASROCK B450 PRO4 Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3200MHz Memory) 8660
MOTHERBOARD MSI B450 TOMAHAWK 10350
MOTHERBOARD MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC 13950
CORSAIR CMK16GX4M1D3000C16 Desktop Ram Vengence Lpx Series - 16GB (16GBx1) DDR4 3000MHz 12100
ANTEC EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO 550W SMPS - 550 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certification Semi Modular PSU 5650
Buy Online SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2.5″ 250GB SATA SSD MZ-76E250BW In India 4395
1 TB seagate/WD blue 3200
*www.amazon.in/APC-BX1100C-1100VA-230V-Back/dp/B01ELNPG2I 5299
ANTEC GX200 BLUE (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Transparent Side Panel (Black) 2799
*www.amazon.in/Corsair-Carbide-CC-9...1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1539782571&sr=1-4 2997

Above is the best possible config around 60k so you can cut down on costs to fit it in your budget.You can cut down on processor,you can cut down on mobo(by getting asrock AB350 pro 4 from vedantcomputers for 7500 but it needs a bios update for 2nd gen ryzen),you can cut down on ram(getting 8gb of same 3000mhz ram for 6100),you can cut down on ssd(getting slower & cheaper kingston/sandisk/wd 240gb for ~3.4k) but cabinet,psu & ups above are absolute minimum(maybe you can get cheaper 1kva ups from local Indian brands like microtek).

Minion

Conversation Architect
Intel® Core™ i5-8400 Desktop Processor-20,000
Asrock Z370 PRO4-10,500
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 8GB (1X8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHZ-6,000
Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200 RPM-3,100
Kingston A400 120GB-2,000
Antec EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO 550W-5,600
Corsair SPEC-ALPHA Black-Silver-4,400
LG 22MP68VQ-P-9,500

Total 61.1k

Suggested an Intel based system because quick sync is fastest of all hardware decoding available and software you have mentioned will run better in Intel based system

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Guys, he will need at least 2-4 TB of storage
SSD is ideal also, for OS and the applications

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Guys, @Minion @whitestar_999 i am a bit confused here. Should i opt for a Intel build rather than a Ryzen build? Even i read many reviews online where they cite Adobe products perform better on Intel rigs. If Intel rig is what i should go for, any modifications to the config @Minion posted?

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Are you building this rig only to perform video editing task or for everything?
Everything, except gaming for sure. Browsing, Office suite, watching videos, editing music using soundforge or any other kind of normal work but 70% of my work is editing videos for youtube and poster designing

Last edited:
OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Then get Intel
Okay. Can you recommend other good budget motherboard options apart from the ASRock mb you suggested. In general, which motherboard brands should be preferred and which to leave out. I would prefer a motherboard that has inbuilt wifi as i use JioFi as my primary access point, yes i don't have a router internet connection. If getting a good motherboard and a wifi dongle seperately is a better choice, do enlighten me.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Inbuilt wifi mobos are costly compared to getting a separate usb wifi adapter which goes for as low as 500.That asrock mb is for ryzen system & is one of the best option for ryzen.I have given MSI & asrock options for ryzen & msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac has inbuilt AC wifi & one of the best VRMs but is also ~14k.

For intel there are much more options.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Inbuilt wifi mobos are costly compared to getting a separate usb wifi adapter which goes for as low as 500.That asrock mb is for ryzen system & is one of the best option for ryzen.I have given MSI & asrock options for ryzen & msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac has inbuilt AC wifi & one of the best VRMs but is also ~14k. For intel there are much more options.

Kindly recommend some Intel mb options for Intel i5 8400. That ASRock mb @Minion suggested (ASRock Z370 Pro4) was for Intel i5 8400 and not for Ryzen. I was mentioning this ASRock mb and not the one you previously mentioned.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That asrock mobo is good & this one has even a bit better VRMs but it has only 1 nvme/m2 slot & surprisingly is also missing hdmi port but in its place it has displayport.
MSI MOTHERBOARD Z370-A PRO (INTEL SOCKET 1151/8TH GENERATION CORE SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-4000MHz Memory)

Overall I find asrock z370 pro 4 mobo a bit better because it has better slots placement & is not missing hdmi & a 2nd nvme/m2 slot(I don't care for displayport & 6 port audio output as well as sacrificing a bit of overclocking which is irrelevant for you anyway with an i5 8400).

Top Bottom