Freesync monitor required - 10-15k

mobo

Broken In
Hi all. I am planning to build a gaming system in the next 1-2 months, and will need a new monitor to go with it.

1. Budget?
~10k. The lower the better, but I can extend to 15k if required.
2. Display type and size?
1080p. Freesync is a must. 21-24 ".
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Everyday use - gaming, movies, but mostly just crawling the interwebs.
4. Types and number of ports required?
Don't care as long as it has freesync.
5. Preferred choice of brand?
Name brands are preferred.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Yes. Kindly read on.
7. Any other info that you want to share.
Vesa mount would be good to have.

I have shortlisted these two:
ModelPanelSizeBacklightColour resVesa mountRefresh rateResponse timePrice
LG 22MP69VQIPS22LED?7540-75 Hz5 ms10k
Samsung LC24F390FHWXXL(C24F390FH)VA23.5(curved)??7556-72 Hz4 ms10k

I couldn't find if they are 8 bit displays, but in the absence of information I'll assume they are both 6 bit, not that it matters in my budget. My biggest concern is the panel. The LG IPS should have worse blacks, but the Samsung VA seems to have backlight bleed issues too, according to some amazon reviews. Also, the samsung is curved, which I am not a fan of.

Please let me know if anyone knows any other freesync VA panels. I'll also consider TN, provided their picture quality is good. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks !

Minion

Conversation Architect
Acer KG241Q seems good for 10k
Link
ACER KG241Q - 24 Inch Monitor (1ms Response Time, FHD TN Panel, HDMI)

Review
Acer KG221Q review: Not the best monitor, but it's fantastic value for money

OP
mobo

mobo

Broken In
Yup. 60 Hz fixed or freesync in the range of 40 something to ~75 Hz.

Thanks @Minion , that seems to be worth considering.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
if you are willing to go 15k.. you can maybe spend 2k more and get a 144hz monitor which would make a big difference in your gaming experience.

*www.amazon.in/Acer-inch-60-96-Gami...8&qid=1539605971&sr=1-7&keywords=acer+monitor

OP
mobo

mobo

Broken In
17k is really pushing it(18 now). Besides, I won't have a GPU capable of pushing 120+ FPS on the games I intend to play.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
17k is really pushing it(18 now). Besides, I won't have a GPU capable of pushing 120+ FPS on the games I intend to play.
Well another Amazon sale is upon us. 24th to 28th October. This time 10% on both ICICI and Citibank cards.

OP
mobo

mobo

Broken In
Ordered a couple of hours ago for 8099*0.9. That's 90 Rs that amazon owes me. I will remember this until I die...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ordered a couple of hours ago for 8099*0.9. That's 90 Rs that amazon owes me. I will remember this until I die...
You can cancel the order and reorder it. No harm if it didn't even start shipping.

Edit: Now price is Rs 8090. Looks like it keeps changing like stock market. :lol:

OP
mobo

mobo

Broken In
That alright. Now all I need to do is plan my 90₹ heist on a delivery van, so I can finally make amazon pay for the injustice they have committed!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That alright. Now all I need to do is plan my 90₹ heist on a delivery van, so I can finally make amazon pay for the injustice they have committed!
Damn. Where were you 5 years! Hope you become more active now on this forum! :D

Nerevarine

Incarnate
We will need some guns, and a good 4 wheeler to escape after heist. Count me in, I will provide help :p

PS: Congo on monitor

PPS: Whats up with everyone looking to do a heist in tdf all of a sudden.

Top Bottom