All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
The Man in the High Castle season 3
Felt a bit meh compared to previous 2. Slow to start, picks up midway. Takes a sci-fi plot this time around.
As for the characters, Tagomi, Kido are great as before. Juliana carries it well. But Smith and his story line is definitely the standout this season.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The Man in the High Castle season 3
Felt a bit meh compared to previous 2. Slow to start, picks up midway. Takes a sci-fi plot this time around.
Possible spoiler for Man in High Castle season 2:
I felt the sci fi vibe from season 2 itself. I think they were building this up from the start itself. It's plausible theory that the character Nobusuke Tagomi seems to be traveling between different realities. Also the show is based on the story written by Science Fiction writer Philip K. Dick. I wouldn't expect otherwise that the show slowly diverges to sci fi. I am excited to watch season 3 now. :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Daredevil S03 9/10

Finished on Saturday night.

This might be the only watchable Marvel TV series and only show which raises the bar of "good" show everytime.
Surpasses the expectation everytime.

Another awesome season!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Daredevil S03 9/10

This might be the only watchable Marvel TV series and only show which raises the bar of "good" show everytime.

Another awesome season!
Is it required to watch previous series from other characters to understand/appreciate this season.e.g.in Daredevil s02 there was a passing reference to Jessica Jones & vigilante crackdown in a few dialogues & Luke Cage reference in a scene about nurse saying "taking care of him". Is it the same this season too or does one need to watch JJones,Luke Cage,Iron Fist,Defenders & Punisher to better understand this season?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Is it required to watch previous series from other characters to understand/appreciate this season.e.g.in Daredevil s02 there was a passing reference to Jessica Jones & vigilante crackdown in a few dialogues & Luke Cage reference in a scene about nurse saying "taking care of him". Is it the same this season too or does one need to watch JJones,Luke Cage,Iron Fist,Defenders & Punisher to better understand this season?
No, skip all else. You really don't need to watch others. They are shitty show anyway.
There might be references but they hardly impact storyline here. You may, need to see Defenders though to understand why Matt is in such a state at the beginning of S03.
Else, you can skip Defenders too and assume that "something" happened with Matt in some other show (really really not significant and Defenders was a let down for me) and continue S03.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
How can you guys watch a season without watching previous seasons, no matter how shitty the past season is. Is Daredevil S1 and 2 THAT bad?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How can you guys watch a season without watching previous seasons, no matter how shitty the past season is. Is Daredevil S1 and 2 THAT bad?
We were not talking about skipping Daredevil s01 & s02(hell they are quite good).We were talking about skipping those Jessica Jones,Luke Cage,Iron Fist etc seasons which came after Daredevil s01.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
We were not talking about skipping Daredevil s01 & s02(hell they are quite good).We were talking about skipping those Jessica Jones,Luke Cage,Iron Fist etc seasons which came after Daredevil s01.
Oh yea. I got confused perhaps. Yes, Jessica Jones second season review is SO bad. It's SO SLOOOOOW.
I will have to start watching Daredevil!

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Daredevil S03 9/10

Another awesome season!

I would put Punisher as well in the same league as DD

Flash

Lost in speed
Netflix should've gone with Cage & Rand alone in a single show like buddy-cop genre, instead of separate shows.
They were the original and founding members of "Heroes for hire".

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The slowness is what makes for a good characterization ..... ofcouse slowness is not the "only" thing, but humanizing a superhuman does require a lot of careful characterization. I thought Punisher pace was just about perfect for full investment into the character.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Super Human .. not super hero ...theres a difference ...... the way he fights, his resistance power, reflexes ...sure make him a super human ... not like a human with super powers ... :)
To justify you would just say anything!!!

The Haunting of Hill House
S01E03

Its not easy making horror movies without all those clisched tricks; jumpscare, miror shot etc. Then there is horror story in the form of a tv show!
Keeping the tension and secret alive till the last episode is a monumental task.

Till E03 this takes the top marks from me. Far to go; I hope they keep the quality alive till climax.

A similar attempt was done in "American Horror Story". I watched only the S01. Till, 4-5 episodes it was really scary, then it was nothing but a family drama that kept on dragging.
It was huge let down for me and kind of an eye opener. Horror is a fav. genre for me, be it movies, books etc. That show left a bitter taste in my mouth. I took a vow of not watching a horror TV show ever.

Broke only for this. Hope I'm not proven right and disheartened again.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
To justify you would just say anything!!!

and most of the people agree with me, like in this case whitestar_999, so usually, I don't have to justify anything,,,,,, unlike you,, who would just knock off a perfectly good movie just coz it was praised by me ...lol

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
and most of the people agree with me, like in this case whitestar_999, so usually, I don't have to justify anything,,,,,, unlike you,, who would just knock off a perfectly good movie just coz it was praised by me ...lol
Good movie according you, may be not according to me.

I've been watching movies even before getting accounted with you. Built my taste, built my good and bad checkpoints for movies.
I do not look for movies that you praised and then bash them.

I still refer you one of the sane ones when come to the movies but off late you are too much into CGI stuff rather drama. Your taste and yardstick of judging movies changed.
Mine did not.

I would still watch movies that you recommend if had not seen them already though. They used to be good. Made a habit of that. Can't help.

Flash

Lost in speed
Super Human .. not super hero ...theres a difference ...... the way he fights, his resistance power, reflexes ...sure make him a super human ... not like a human with super powers ... :)
Per your theory, Batman is a Superhuman but not a Superhero?

Top Bottom