Graphics Cards related queries here.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Does anyone know where i can find a list of Zotac service centres in India? I tried searching their website but couldnt find anything
Zotac rma is done by Tirupati Enterprises afaik. You can mail them to clarify. Overclockers Zone - High Performance....Overclocked

Xai

Journeyman
Yeah, I did not expect power consumption to exceed 450W. Guess I need to give the system a thorough dusting and re-connect everything to be sure.

Did a few tests.

I ran Speccy: *speccy.piriform.com/results/G3gkZKY1LEwszR1B8doXY8Z

Speccy shows :

Graphics
XB271HU (2560x1440@144Hz)
Intel Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Gigabyte)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (NVIDIA): 38 °C
ForceWare version: 411.63
SLI Disabled

The GPU memory is weird. Isn't that supposed to be 8GB for 2080?

Changed the refresh rate of the monitor to 60hz in Nvidia Control Panel.

The card is able to play games (Overwatch at least) at 1080p 60fps. Crashes when I bump resolution to 1440p. Crashes if I bump refresh rate. Temps are fine - around 50-60 C.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Did a few tests.

I ran Speccy: *speccy.piriform.com/results/G3gkZKY1LEwszR1B8doXY8Z

Speccy shows :

Graphics
XB271HU (2560x1440@144Hz)
Intel Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Gigabyte)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (NVIDIA): 38 °C
ForceWare version: 411.63
SLI Disabled

The GPU memory is weird. Isn't that supposed to be 8GB for 2080?

Changed the refresh rate of the monitor to 60hz in Nvidia Control Panel.

The card is able to play games (Overwatch at least) at 1080p 60fps. Crashes when I bump resolution to 1440p. Crashes if I bump refresh rate. Temps are fine - around 50-60 C.

Post GPUZ screenshots
TechPowerUp

Xai

Journeyman
Post GPUZ screenshots
TechPowerUp

Attached.

Checked that monitor refresh rate setting does not matter. Monitor at 144hz, and the game works at 1080p60.

Attachments

• GPUZ_2080.JPG
    GPUZ_2080.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 269
  • DxDiag.txt
    35.5 KB · Views: 215

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Attached.

Checked that monitor refresh rate setting does not matter. Monitor at 144hz, and the game works at 1080p60.

Shows 8GB so its alright. Did your HDD problem get fixed? And what are you using to connect to monitor DP or HDMI?

Xai

Journeyman
Shows 8GB so its alright. Did your HDD problem get fixed? And what are you using to connect to monitor DP or HDMI?

No, HDD issue hasn't resolved. Will have check the HDD at a friend's place this weekend.

Monitor is connected through DP. The monitor itself is set at 144hz refresh rate from nvidia control panel, and the refresh rate number shows up at the top right corner of the screen.

I am currently testing the connection directly from wall, bypassing UPS (APC Back-UPS RS 1100VA).

quicky008

Technomancer
some vendors tend to use micron memory on their gpus these days instead of samsung-are such gpus more prone to overheating and other issues as opposed to the ones featuring samsung memory?

is micron generally regarded as inferior when it comes to reliability?

chris

In the zone
I am thinking of buying GTX 1050 TI graphics card.

Should i go with

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti mini
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01MCU1ERO
Rs. 13,000/-

or

Asus GTX 1050 TI 4GB GDDR5 Phoenix
ASUS GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1050 TI 4GB GDDR5 PHOENIX EDITION
Rs. 12,800/-

Asus have 3 year warrenty. ZOTAC have 2 year. I read if you register online, you get 3 extra year warrenty (need to confirm this).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Many consider Asus gfx card quality a bit higher than Zotac but both are good.

Zotac does give extended warranty but make sure to keep all email communications safe with you as their printed copy will be required at the time of RMA(I think someone said about some email stating extended warranty code etc).
ZOTAC | Push The Limit

icebags

Technomancer
thinking of purchasing a gt 1030 gfx card this time. was going to get zotac, but the prices seem too much for the most entry level card these days. gigabyte seems has better prices.

any suggestions regarding quality, longevity, rma etc ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
thinking of purchasing a gt 1030 gfx card this time. was going to get zotac, but the prices seem too much for the most entry level card these days. gigabyte seems has better prices.

any suggestions regarding quality, longevity, rma etc ?
For what purpose,if playing games then don't get anything below 1050Ti(currently 11800 at mdcomputers for asus/zotac 1050Ti). Try to avoid Gigabyte cards unless you absolutely can't afford asus/zotac/msi(in that order).

icebags

Technomancer
For what purpose,if playing games then don't get anything below 1050Ti(currently 11800 at mdcomputers for asus/zotac 1050Ti). Try to avoid Gigabyte cards unless you absolutely can't afford asus/zotac/msi(in that order).
right, i dont play games seriously anymore. but my old battlefield games 3,4,1 and those i buy once in a while need cards to play. gt 1030 turns out be kinda similar performing as my previous card gtx 560, with low power profile. i dont mind playing games in medium settings anymore.

so, need something that is cheap and lasts long.

i wished 1030 was a 4GB card like gt 730, but its not, and 2030 will probably not get released at least before one more year.

Raziel

Journeyman
So I went ahead and purchased 2 RTX 2080 Tis - Founders Edition from nVidia.in.
Price 108,600 INR per card. Quick shipping and great card!
Hope someone finds this info useful.
Cheers! :doublethumb:
IMG_20181023_094621_50.jpg

Top Bottom