Urgent help needed Mi4i

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
I bought myself a Mi4i to use in UK. I got a lycamobile sim but I didn't get GPRS settings on the phone. I wanted to manually install the settings but whenever I go in APN I get a message saying "access point name settings are not available for thus user".
I have recharged for £5 for a 4g plan but now the plan is going waste. Please help as I'm not able to use my internet.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I bought myself a Mi4i to use in UK. I got a lycamobile sim but I didn't get GPRS settings on the phone. I wanted to manually install the settings but whenever I go in APN I get a message saying "access point name settings are not available for thus user".
I have recharged for £5 for a 4g plan but now the plan is going waste. Please help as I'm not able to use my internet.

Go the custom ROM route... No more restrictions...

Resurrection Remix is good -- *forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4i/development/rom-resurrection-remix5-5-5-t3196222
ix5-5-5-t3196222

vaibhav99

Broken In

Sorce : 5.0 lollipop - How to solve the "APN settings are not available for this user" issue? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange
Try this :
Step 1 : WiFi turned on, and be in the range of a known WiFi network.
Step 2 : Reboot the phone (may need to reboot several times, if it doesn't work the first time)
Step 3 : When the phone reboots, it should connect to WiFi network.
Step 4 : Go to APN settings and see that you can, now edit APN settings.
Reason : When phone is turned on, if it's not connected to WiFi, it will try and connect to mobile network thus disabling you from editing APN settings. However if you try the above steps, your phone connects to WiFi instead of Mobile-data.

Vaibhav

OP
6Diablo9

6Diablo9

Will rooting work? If it doesn't work I'll be forced to sell this piece of junk buy some "branded" phone.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Will rooting work? If it doesn't work I'll be forced to sell this piece of junk buy some "branded" phone.

1. Flash custom recovery
2. Install custom ROM
3. Root phone (or don't)

Just do this. It will be a new phone. MIUI is crap.

OP
6Diablo9

6Diablo9

I was trying to install the manual settings again and guess what, the phone took them. The message was showing that I can't enter manual settings. But it still took tt .
I will install a custom from but as I said I don't have an access to a PC, once I get a PC I'll do it. Thanks for all the help.

Sachin Pal

Right off the assembly line
its a long process contact me after 4Pm

MOD EDIT: Don't list your personal information publicly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom