Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don’t think Canon have an RF-EF adapter. I have only seen 3 adapters mentioned, and all are EF to RF adapters

That's what I meant :ashamed:
The question assumes greater significance when posed the other way around: will an RF to M adapter be provided
Again, that's what I meant. :blink:
Canon have also released a whitepaper on the EOS R system. I would recommend this as a good read even for those who are not interested in the Canon ecosystem
I will check that. It's 40+ page, will read it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey nobody interested in the price of Nikon mirrorless :) just for comparision Nikon D850 MRP is 254000 and nikon D750 MRP is 126000.
Sony A7R II body 164000 and A7R3 body 251000

Just putting the comparable prices so nobody says Nikon has overpriced them :D

Nikon Z7 body - 269000
z7+24-70 +adapter-326000
z7+24-70 - 314000
z7+adapter - 281000

z6 body - 169000
z6+24-70+adapter - 226000
z6+24-70 - 214000
z6+adapter - 181000

z24-70 - 78k
z35mm - 67k
z50mm - 50k

adapter -20k

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ So, they have announced pricing for Indian Market. In line with Japan pricing.

Pricing is too much, esp 50mm. There is no lens around ~10k like 50mm f/1.8 (F mount lens).
x-----------------------------------x-----------------------------------x​

Canon DSLR can use Nikon F mount lenses using adaptor and there are adaptors available. The difference between two mount's flange distance is 2.5mm. If this is possible, Sony/Nikon could adapt RF lenses. :Fingerx:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Good news is that panasonic leica and sigma will have same mount..i think more companies should join hands like fuji, olympus togather

More mount less choice for consumer..let there be competition like sd card or usb standardisation

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

sujoyp

Grand Master
Zeiss built Adobe Lightroom into its full-frame, fixed-lens ZX1 camera
Yaah saw the camera today morning...was surprised and found it interesting..maybe competing with leica..would cost very high.

kaz

right here
Yaah saw the camera today morning...was surprised and found it interesting..maybe competing with leica..would cost very high.

Yeah, it's costly $3000. But, it's good to see some innovation.

BTW, got GoPro Hero 7 Black delivered today :bananana:

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Samsung had made android camera before. Don't remember the model name, but they had made it some 3-4yrs ago :?:

sujoyp

Grand Master

huh 3000$ thats a lot ...similar to Leica

What do you plan to do with GoPro Hero 7 ...congrats for new purchase

izzikio_rage

Technomancer

Congratulations, heard amazing things about the new hyper stabilization. You'll need to post some videos here for all of us to see

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Hi,
I want to get into the Photography game in the next year or so.
What is the best beginner DSLR ?
The Nikon D3400 ? What kind of moolah should an absolute beginner be expected to spend ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Welcome @Nerevarine ...

I would say first be very clear what you want to achieve in Photography ..blindly going for DSLR is not worth anymore.
if you really have that enthusiasm to travel and lug around 2 KG of photographic gear then you decided right :D
I have seen most people leaving photography after shooting with Kit lens for a year after initial enthusiasm drops.
Most reasons - heavy, additional bag to carry, costly lens, kit lens not enough for birds, hassle of changing lens every now and then.

if your interest is just good quality photographs then better go for RX100II or Panasonic FZ1000 which will cover a lot.
If you have the patience and enthu to get inside then you are most welcome in this world :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
regarding your question of moolah....what do you love to shoot most...the kit lens is lot capable for landscape and portrait...but it dont have the range for birds or macro..

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
landscapes, portrait and macro. Not aiming for fast action (birds)
I want to practice using the stock 18-55 lens first, before moving on to the higher end ones.
I am interested :
enthusiasm to travel and lug around 2 KG of photographic gear then you decided right

Let me know all entry level DSLRs with their pro's and con's.
Im not buying now, will start buying body + 18-55 lens sometime within next 4-5 months. Will move to better lenses afterwards..

sujoyp

Grand Master
landscapes, portrait and macro. Not aiming for fast action (birds)
I want to practice using the stock 18-55 lens first, before moving on to the higher end ones.
I am interested :
enthusiasm to travel and lug around 2 KG of photographic gear then you decided right

Let me know all entry level DSLRs with their pro's and con's.
Im not buying now, will start buying body + 18-55 lens sometime within next 4-5 months. Will move to better lenses afterwards..
I would also suggest going for sony a6000 range of mirrorless..its the future..nikon and canon are lagging right now
I have heard its kit is very good

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Never thought I'd see a day where Sujoy recommends mirrorless

Welcome to the madness buddy, you'll realize that you can start photography even before you get your camera. Tons of amazing phone photographers out there. Start getting the basics right, read up on the web (digital photography school), check youtube (adorama) and start experiments on instagram. That'll give you an understanding of what you'll want in the camera you get

Top Bottom