*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Let me break this circle before it begins and re-phrase my point. If religion starts where science ends, does this mean that every religious human being knows everything there is to know about science?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
no, it means science has a particular domain, and religion is beyond that domain
the two can co-exist, roughly like science can only do so much for the human experience, and so can religion, they do not fully serve the purpose of the other

Nitishshah18

Right off the assembly line
Who would you rather pay any heed to someone preaching about science or religion.
Religion is just tool to keep people in check and void them of any free will.

So many atrocities are committed in the name of religion, no doubt some questionable actions have been taken for science also. But the benefits of latter outweighs unimaginably.

Nitishshah18

Right off the assembly line
Higgs Boson is sometimes referred as God particle.. Search for this particle is very important as they want to know the origin of everything.. As currently it's unknown, hence God's Particle...
It's the same as calling flood and earthquake an act of God... Even though we know why it happened..

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
i hope you travel beyond event horizon like they did in that time.

My life, your life, their life or anybody's life is puny if compared to history & vastness of Science or religions.
They didn't know what's beyond the edge of our world, but we know.
We don't know what's beyond the event horizon, but our future generations would.

To add more:
Science weakens religion, that's a fact. Religion prevails only in those areas where there isn't Science. It's like a bleak of light in a dark room.
Take your gadgets, travel 500-600 years back in time, and people will consider you a god's sent in no time. lol

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
So why the hunt for God particle.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
The term came from a book called "The God particle". The author wanted to name the book "The Goddamn particle". The publishers of that time did not want a swear word on the title. So author changed to "The God particle".

Reference- The God Particle (book) - Wikipedia

Nerevarine

Incarnate
My life, your life, their life or anybody's life is puny if compared to history & vastness of Science or religions.
They didn't know what's beyond the edge of our world, but we know.
We don't know what's beyond the event horizon, but our future generations would.

To add more:
Science weakens religion, that's a fact. Religion prevails only in those areas where there isn't Science. It's like a bleak of light in a dark room.
Take your gadgets, travel 500-600 years back in time, and people will consider you a god's sent in no time. lol
Forget gadgets, if you take Harry Potter books or A Song of ice and fire back 500 years and threw out copies, today there would be religion based on Wizards of Hogwarts or Old Gods/White walkers :O

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
my approach is be open to it, study it, and see if it helps
like pastafarianism teaches you to expose the biases in religion, fight fundamentalism from the inside, through argument by authority
Jedi teaches you to consider random emo jeuvenile text strings seriously
Aetherius Society teaches you about the cosmic monsters

Top Bottom