Post your latest Purchase

ssb1551

Technomancer
Is it worth the hype?
Pls, post your review of pros and cons with pic...Need to buy later

Well truth be told I bought the TV because of my wife. She wants to watch some crappy reality TV series. Given the opportunity I would haveyou spent the 22.5k somewhere else. I am not much into TVs & definitely not an audiophile. One thing I can tell you guys is the TV had no problems whatsoever to play x265 codec files from my external HDD. 2 of my colleagues bought the Vu TV (non-smart one) - around the same price . They had problems playing x265 codec video files. Do lemme know if You wanna know anything in particular about the features of the TV and I'll do my best to answer them. I'll take some pics tonight and upload.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
What streaming services/apps are pre-installed?
Is it possible to side load and install any apps like Netflix, Prime?
Well truth be told I bought the TV because of my wife. She wants to watch some crappy reality TV series. Given the opportunity I would haveyou spent the 22.5k somewhere else. I am not much into TVs & definitely not an audiophile. One thing I can tell you guys is the TV had no problems whatsoever to play x265 codec files from my external HDD. 2 of my colleagues bought the Vu TV (non-smart one) - around the same price . They had problems playing x265 codec video files. Do lemme know if You wanna know anything in particular about the features of the TV and I'll do my best to answer them. I'll take some pics tonight and upload.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

ssb1551

Technomancer
What streaming services/apps are pre-installed?
Is it possible to side load and install any apps like Netflix, Prime?

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

Eros Now, Hungama, YouTube, SONY LIV, JIO TV & Hot Star are in the TV. At least thats what my wife & I have used so far. The guy who came to install told me that Amazon Prime can be installed via USB, but no Netflix. I was disappointed too when he said that I cant install Netflix.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Eros Now, Hungama, YouTube, SONY LIV, JIO TV & Hot Star are in the TV. At least thats what my wife & I have used so far. The guy who came to install told me that Amazon Prime can be installed via USB, but no Netflix. I was disappointed too when he said that I cant install Netflix.
Why can't you install Netflix? It has Android, right?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Thats what the guy who came to install the TV told me. I haven't tried to install Netflix yet. I'll try as soon as I get some free time.
Try casting from your Mobile phone. The 4 year old panasonic smart tv in my house gets detected by my phone without the need for a chromecast(I have one).

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Lost my lenovo y700 in chennai egmore station on 14th sep 5:30am. filed a complaint at GRP. can anyone help me? its a big loss to me.
laptop is like new condition which is hurting me more. 16gb ram, touch, 120gb ssd, 960m, 1tb hdd.

i was on pandian express and no one waked me up after arriving at egmore. found power to coach was off and woke up with the announcement sound. not sure if i was sprayed to sleep for that long as i didn't wake up in all the chaos while the train stopped in other stations. GRP is not doing any investigation. all they told is that i have to be careful. to my friends here please tell if any way i can get it back.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Unfortunately there is very little hope unless you have some big connections within police dept to actively pursue your case.Was laptop insured for theft?If not then just think of it as a valuable learning experience.At least you are safe,there are cases here in NCR where people even kill just to loot a 15k mobile.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
^^Unfortunately there is very little hope unless you have some big connections within police dept to actively pursue your case.Was laptop insured for theft?If not then just think of it as a valuable learning experience.At least you are safe,there are cases here in NCR where people even kill just to loot a 15k mobile.

I bought it from US. @1000$ it is a steal. Can't even find one laptop with such config + build quality + touch screen. Hunting me...I want it back badly...

I have a plan to take a dummy laptop with a GPS + power bank in it and conceal it so that it is unidentifiable. Need to let it get lost once again in train and track where it goes and catch laptop gangs red handed. But the same person who stole my laptop will not steal once again. If police really helps they can do like this. I can provide the GPS unit (have built one for car DiY).

I feel so bad for living in this country full of corruption and such negligence in police. Railways could do a better job of filtering people in stations and really reduce such cases...

hotshot05

I luv Digit
I bought it from US. @1000$ it is a steal. Can't even find one laptop with such config + build quality + touch screen. Hunting me...I want it back badly...

I have a plan to take a dummy laptop with a GPS + power bank in it and conceal it so that it is unidentifiable. Need to let it get lost once again in train and track where it goes and catch laptop gangs red handed. But the same person who stole my laptop will not steal once again. If police really helps they can do like this. I can provide the GPS unit (have built one for car DiY).

I feel so bad for living in this country full of corruption and such negligence in police. Railways could do a better job of filtering people in stations and really reduce such cases...

In US, people corner you and take things from you. Popularly known as mugging. So it is not only India where this happens.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Lost my lenovo y700 in chennai egmore station on 14th sep 5:30am. filed a complaint at GRP. can anyone help me? its a big loss to me.
laptop is like new condition which is hurting me more. 16gb ram, touch, 120gb ssd, 960m, 1tb hdd.

i was on pandian express and no one waked me up after arriving at egmore. found power to coach was off and woke up with the announcement sound. not sure if i was sprayed to sleep for that long as i didn't wake up in all the chaos while the train stopped in other stations. GRP is not doing any investigation. all they told is that i have to be careful. to my friends here please tell if any way i can get it back.

Sad to hear about your loss. It's very difficult to trace a laptop. Plus cops don't have enough resources to find even mobile phones which are much more easier to locate.

Theft exists everywhere in the world. Also the huge population makes it very difficult to filter people at any place in India.

In future,I suggest you try to keep the laptop at office itself(if you are a working ) and not carry laptops while commuting using any public transport.

Killing Machine
Sad to hear about your loss. It's very difficult to trace a laptop. Plus cops don't have enough resources to find even mobile phones which are much more easier to locate.
Just want to add my 2 cents here. Sad to hear about @kARTechnology 's loss. I would be equally going crazy over this as well. But to the point where cops can't trace laptops and mobile phones - I was also under the same impression for many years until last year when my colleague met with an incident. This happened in Bangalore last year. She basically missed her iPhone5 in an auto. The auto-wala took it, switched off and sold off to some guy who then sold off to a mobile repair shop. All this while, they did not remove her sim card which was active. The shopkeeper switched on once and as my colleague (and her friends) were constantly calling the number for days, it finally rang. They guy answered, blabbered something, realized it was a stolen phone that he had purchased and then removed the sim. Now y'all might think of movie-style cell tower based tracking and stuff at this point. :) That did not happen. She did complain to the local police and of course no action was taken.

She works in Bangalore but her family is from Mumbai and they have some DIG and IAS officers in their family circle in Mumbai. It was a freakin' IP5 and not some X; neither she is a person who can't afford another mobile nor she cares about loss of money... but she (for some reason!) considers that particular phone sentimental so she basically cried like every other girl to her dad. After 15 days, her dad told that he has sent a new phone to our office address and asked her to collect it. When she opened the parcel it was her IP5!!

Here's what had happened in the background. Father calls DIG --> DIG calls some top official in BLR --> Local squad to recover the phone formed --> Police team searched the shops in the entire stretch of the road where she had got down from the auto for CCTV cameras --> Analysed footage ---> Found the auto --> Traced him in Bangalore and apprehended him --> Got to know the middle-man --> Traced him in Bangalore and apprehended him --> Got to know where he sold --> Found the shopkeeper ---> Got to know to whom he sold the phone by the time (random buyer) --> Found him/her and recovered the mobile --> Police packed it and sent to Mumbai --> Father collects from DIG office --> Sends to daughter!!

Best part is - her phone was intact with all her data/photos and she received the original sim which she never deactivated as she kept thinking it may come in handy for tracing.

TL;DR ---- Moral of the story: Anything is possible in India if you have money/contacts. Even to go this extent to trace a damn IP5.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just want to add my 2 cents here. Sad to hear about @kARTechnology 's loss. I would be equally going crazy over this as well. But to the point where cops can't trace laptops and mobile phones - I was also under the same impression for many years until last year when my colleague met with an incident. This happened in Bangalore last year. She basically missed her iPhone5 in an auto. The auto-wala took it, switched off and sold off to some guy who then sold off to a mobile repair shop. All this while, they did not remove her sim card which was active. The shopkeeper switched on once and as my colleague (and her friends) were constantly calling the number for days, it finally rang. They guy answered, blabbered something, realized it was a stolen phone that he had purchased and then removed the sim. Now y'all might think of movie-style cell tower based tracking and stuff at this point. :) That did not happen. She did complain to the local police and of course no action was taken.

She works in Bangalore but her family is from Mumbai and they have some DIG and IAS officers in their family circle in Mumbai. It was a freakin' IP5 and not some X; neither she is a person who can't afford another mobile nor she cares about loss of money... but she (for some reason!) considers that particular phone sentimental so she basically cried like every other girl to her dad. After 15 days, her dad told that he has sent a new phone to our office address and asked her to collect it. When she opened the parcel it was her IP5!!

Here's what had happened in the background. Father calls DIG --> DIG calls some top official in BLR --> Local squad to recover the phone formed --> Police team searched the shops in the entire stretch of the road where she had got down from the auto for CCTV cameras --> Analysed footage ---> Found the auto --> Traced him in Bangalore and apprehended him --> Got to know the middle-man --> Traced him in Bangalore and apprehended him --> Got to know where he sold --> Found the shopkeeper ---> Got to know to whom he sold the phone by the time (random buyer) --> Found him/her and recovered the mobile --> Police packed it and sent to Mumbai --> Father collects from DIG office --> Sends to daughter!!

Best part is - her phone was intact with all her data/photos and she received the original sim which she never deactivated as she kept thinking it may come in handy for tracing.

TL;DR ---- Moral of the story: Anything is possible in India if you have money/contacts. Even to go this extent to trace a damn IP5.
This is nothing, they formed a SIT to track down some up Minister's cow lol
Unfortunately they won'tt trace back that laptop until and unless @kARTechnology has some deep level connections. You can complaint at pgportal but they will blame you only. Glad that you are okay.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"

wish i know someone like that in chennai.
nice to hear this story but i think its not going to happen for me. all whom i tell about this they say if you know any higher official then things will happen for sure.
I have posted in twitter all they do is retweet telling look into the matter.

i had password protected my laptop. if i didn't, it would have been easy for the thief to open and connect to internet - which will trigger a notification in my teamviewer that system online, at-least i could have immediately made the display blank, captured a webcam pic, check ip address and immediately turn back the display on. or some sort of stuff...cursing why i had put a password. now the thief will surely format my pc....its offline since 5 days...

common man is helpless. no power with him.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
wish i know someone like that in chennai.
nice to hear this story but i think its not going to happen for me. all whom i tell about this they say if you know any higher official then things will happen for sure.
I have posted in twitter all they do is retweet telling look into the matter.

i had password protected my laptop. if i didn't, it would have been easy for the thief to open and connect to internet - which will trigger a notification in my teamviewer that system online, at-least i could have immediately made the display blank, captured a webcam pic, check ip address and immediately turn back the display on. or some sort of stuff...cursing why i had put a password. now the thief will surely format my pc....its offline since 5 days...

common man is helpless. no power with him.
Again sorry to hear that but glad you are okay.
Your last line explains the sorry state of affairs of our country.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I rarely carry laptop in train but if I do then I place it inside backpack before sleeping & then use that backpack as sleeping pillow on upper birth(I know not much comfortable but certainly more secure,also another reason why I never take lower birth).

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I rarely carry laptop in train but if I do then I place it inside backpack before sleeping & then use that backpack as sleeping pillow on upper birth(I know not much comfortable but certainly more secure,also another reason why I never take lower birth).

I was on upper berth 2 tier and laptop bag behind my back on side sleeping on it

Top Bottom