** ~10k mobile advice thread **

vinay chandel

Right off the assembly line
I think if you spend two thousand more you will get Honor 9N which is a really great smartphone and a great competitor for Redmi Note 5 Pro.

rdx_halo

In the zone
Try to get Zenfone Max Pro M1 for 11k.
I've been considering the same for my father despite it being a larger phone.
Don't make the mistake. Camera of Zenfone Max Pro M1 is pretty bad. My friend is regretting after getting this in recent sale in fk

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Don't make the mistake. Camera of Zenfone Max Pro M1 is pretty bad. My friend is regretting after getting this in recent sale in fk

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
It supports gcam and camera2 Api can be enabled without rooting using just a fastboot command.
Plus, it would be an upgrade over current phone anyway.

chris

In the zone
I am using Redmi 4A, i wanted a new Phone. Budget 10K (12K Max). Prefer stock anroid if possible. On checking Amazon, i found Redmi Y2 and Motto E5 Plus are in my budget. Any suggestions ?

Minion

Conversation Architect
I am using Redmi 4A, i wanted a new Phone. Budget 10K (12K Max). Prefer stock anroid if possible. On checking Amazon, i found Redmi Y2 and Motto E5 Plus are in my budget. Any suggestions ?
Moto Z2 play, I recently got one for my mom during big billion sales for 9k and its a very good device with very good build quality,beautiful screen battery with 3000Mah battery lasts really long she is getting 3 days of usage.
keep an eye on flipkart and amazon it is sometime available for 11-12k in normal days

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
As a Redmi Note 4 user, does it make sense to upgrade to the newer Redmi's around 10-12k price range? Specs don't look that different.

chris

In the zone
Nokia 5.1 Plus

I did some search on "Nokia 5.1 Plus". The review says back side is also glass and have some ergonomic issue. I prefer something that won't slip easily.

Nokia 5.1 Plus (Black, 32 GB) (3 GB RAM)
Nokia 5.1 Plus (Blue, 32 GB) Online at Best Price Only On Flipkart.com
Price = ₹10,999

One thing i don't like is finger print sensor on front of this phone. Redmi 4A my figher auto position below the phone when i take, so i don't have to do anything to unlock. I am not sure if the unlock on front of the screen can be used that easily.

Moto Z2 play. keep an eye on flipkart and amazon it is sometime available for 11-12k in normal days

Current price is INR 14K+

Since my phone is dead, i don't think i can wait long for an offer.

As a Redmi Note 4 user, does it make sense to upgrade to the newer Redmi's around 10-12k price range? Specs don't look that different.

This is something i can consider. Other than MIUI, i don't have any issue with Redmi. I like how slim and light weight the phone is.

Redmi 6 Pro (Black, 3GB RAM, 32GB Storage)
*www.amazon.in/Redmi-Pro-Black-32GB-Storage/dp/B07DJL15QT/r
Price = ₹10,999

This is model is good ?

Look like both my selection have price of ₹10,999/-, maybe i just pick a winner and go with it :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You may go ahead with Redmi 6 Pro or increase your budget a bit if you can utilise the HDFC offer on flipkart to get RN6P at 12.6k which is surely a good upgrade.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I did some search on "Nokia 5.1 Plus". The review says back side is also glass and have some ergonomic issue. I prefer something that won't slip easily.

Nokia 5.1 Plus (Black, 32 GB) (3 GB RAM)
Nokia 5.1 Plus (Blue, 32 GB) Online at Best Price Only On Flipkart.com
Price = ₹10,999

One thing i don't like is finger print sensor on front of this phone. Redmi 4A my figher auto position below the phone when i take, so i don't have to do anything to unlock. I am not sure if the unlock on front of the screen can be used that easily.

Current price is INR 14K+

Since my phone is dead, i don't think i can wait long for an offer.

This is something i can consider. Other than MIUI, i don't have any issue with Redmi. I like how slim and light weight the phone is.

Redmi 6 Pro (Black, 3GB RAM, 32GB Storage)
*www.amazon.in/Redmi-Pro-Black-32GB-Storage/dp/B07DJL15QT/r
Price = ₹10,999

This is model is good ?

Look like both my selection have price of ₹10,999/-, maybe i just pick a winner and go with it :)
You can go for Moto X4, it sells around 12 or 13k

chris

In the zone
Moto X4 - I like Android One, but this phone have finger print sensor on front of the phone. When i see this phone, i was thinking what the switch in front of the phone is for. This waste space on front of the screen for no reason, may be there is a reason that i don't understand.

Never used finger print scanner on front of the phone. On back, it is very easy to use, i can unlock even when i am sleepy with one hand. If its on front, you think you need to hold it in one hand, then use other hand to unlock.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Moto X4 - I like Android One, but this phone have finger print sensor on front of the phone. When i see this phone, i was thinking what the switch in front of the phone is for. This waste space on front of the screen for no reason, may be there is a reason that i don't understand.

Never used finger print scanner on front of the phone. On back, it is very easy to use, i can unlock even when i am sleepy with one hand. If its on front, you think you need to hold it in one hand, then use other hand to unlock.
Good thing is if ur phone is on the desk you don't have to pick up the phone to unlock it.

Top Bottom