Simple Laptop under 30k

What is the current cost range of 1070 GPU Laptop in India?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

abcxyz

Journeyman
Hi guys, need you advice ASAP,

What is your budget? (INR or USD) INR
$300-350 USD

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
anything is fine

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
browsing, movies & light-weight gaming.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
no

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
no

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ) anything is fine
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ) anything is fine
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) )
Online purchase USA

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/Dell-3468-Corei3-710...GV69/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1533937947&sr=8-8

This one has FHD screen which is rare at this price point & comes with win 10 & office home student 2016.
*www.amazon.in/HP-15-bs655tu-Laptop...YB/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1533937947&sr=8-14

If you see the reviews you will see negative comments especially regarding "slow performance" which most likely is because of pre-installed bloatware.In my opinion a fresh format & install of win 10 should correct it. Do create a MS account & link your win 10 & Office home student 2016 version to it before formatting though to avoid losing office license.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestions.

How is this laptop?
HP APU Dual Core A9 7th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) 15q-by002AX Laptop Rs.24490 Price in India - Buy HP APU Dual Core A9 7th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) 15q-by002AX Laptop SParkling Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com

ANy help is appreciated @SaiyanGoku

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do not buy any AMD laptop unless it is a ryzen processor. The sales store persons though will try their best to sell you an AMD non-ryzen laptop which you will regret later(happened to someone I knew). Only go for intel 7th gen i3 nowadays in laptops at this price range.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Do not buy any AMD laptop unless it is a ryzen processor. The sales store persons though will try their best to sell you an AMD non-ryzen laptop which you will regret later(happened to someone I knew). Only go for intel 7th gen i3 nowadays in laptops at this price range.

I was confused between laptop & desktop.

But now, I have planned to get the laptop from USA. My friend is going to coming to India next month.
So please suggest a laptop for $300-350 USD.
@SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.com/Inspiron-15-3567-LE...371011,p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2289794011
*www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i3-8130...371011,p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2289794011

I was confused between laptop & desktop.

But now, I have planned to get the laptop from USA. My friend is going to coming to India next month.
So please suggest a laptop for $300-350 USD.
@SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb
The Acer Aspire mentioned by @whitestar_999 is the best laptop in US under $400. It even has a M.2 SSD slot, so in future you can put a M.2 SATA & just clone OS drive to it. The speed boost given by SSD is something which you might have never experienced, definitely worth it. Acer doesn't provide international warranty, like Asus, or warranty transfer, like Dell, but the laptop is great.

If you can increase your budget to $500 (about 35k INR), you can get a great Asus laptop:
*www.amazon.com/dp/B0762S8PYM/ref=psdc_13896615011_t3_B07BPQJ9GN
It is lighter & smaller than normal 15.6" laptops, kind of like an ultrabook.

Or this Acer laptop for light gaming (has MX150 GPU):
*www.amazon.com/Acer-A515-51G-53V6-...pID=41JlobWPZhL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Thanks for the replies I will be going with Acer Aspire.
One more thing, did any rules changes on bringing 2 laptops to India from USA?
I know that it should be unpacked and should we follow any other things?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually it is 1 laptop but nowadays there is a trend of companies(especially in west) giving employees a separate laptop meant for office work only which you are not supposed to leave behind even while traveling abroad so people coming back from US/west declare 1 laptop as personal & other as work/company laptop which custom official usually accept.

Thanks for the replies I will be going with Acer Aspire.
One more thing, did any rules changes on bringing 2 laptops to India from USA?
I know that it should be unpacked and should we follow any other things?
I came back to India a few months ago with 2 laptops, 2 phones & no one asked me a thing. Many people I know do that, more than that could attract customs. A friend of mine took 3 phones safely (won't suggest trying unless you are ready to pay customs for 1).

Just to be safe, at least do initial setup of laptop beforehand

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Thanks, @anupam_pb & @whitestar_999 for all your suggestions.

Since I am getting the laptop from the USA, I am also trying to squeeze in an External HDD(not SSD) 4TB - 8TB in the range of $100-$140
I have zeroed in below models, any suggestions are appreciated.
WD 4TB Black My Passport Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYFT0040BBK-WESN
Seagate Expansion 8TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB8000100)
Seagate Backup Plus 5TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Silver + 2mo Adobe CC Photography

Do I need to open a new post/question under some other category for selecting external HDD?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking from experience 5TB seagate portable runs very hot,in a non ac well cooled room its usual temps are around 45-48C & any continuous copy pasting activity lasting more than 10-15 min easily push hdd temps to 50-51C. Better buy two 4TB instead of a single 5/8TB unless the room is AC & usage is not more than few hours a day.

I personally use WD Passport series due to its backup & encryption apps. They are useful & convenient for me, so I'm willing to pay a bit of premium.

Thanks, @anupam_pb & @whitestar_999 for all your suggestions.

Since I am getting the laptop from the USA, I am also trying to squeeze in an External HDD(not SSD) 4TB - 8TB in the range of $100-$140
I have zeroed in below models, any suggestions are appreciated.
WD 4TB Black My Passport Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYFT0040BBK-WESN
Seagate Expansion 8TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB8000100)
Seagate Backup Plus 5TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Silver + 2mo Adobe CC Photography

Do I need to open a new post/question under some other category for selecting external HDD?
The 8TB one needs external power, remember that, otherwise I would say all of them are good options, get one depending on your requirements.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Hey guys, my friend from usa had sent couple of link which has some offers, I would like to know your review on it,

Office Supplies, Furniture, Technology at Office Depot

I will be going with the acer laptop as suggested earlier. But there is some offers day in usa on Monday. So my friend is exploring.

Hey guys, my friend from usa had sent couple of link which has some offers, I would like to know your review on it,

I will be going with the acer laptop as suggested earlier. But there is some offers day in usa on Monday. So my friend is exploring.
I haven't heard of that website. Other than amazon, newegg & bestbuy are good.

Also, the links aren't working. I doubt a Dell laptop can provide a good value, although you can get its warranty transferred to India. But at a low budget, get a better laptop instead.

Top Bottom