PC Boots up, after few moment freezes, Restarts but no post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Hi guys , this is happening a lot since last week
Specfication processor : Intel I3 6100,asrock h110dv, 8gb ram, 1050ti gpu, 850w corsair tx series, 512 gb ssd,512 hdd.

This has been going on since last week, whenever the pc boots up after few minutes it freezes up and restarts with not post, it refuses to boot up what ever i do after that, tried resetting ram into another slot, resetted all the other component again but still no luck.
Not able to pin point the issue (no odour or smell of any burnt component), Mostly i suspect the motherboard.
Can you guys help me out on this one as i'm out of ideas.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Check all the fans are spinning CPU/PSU/GPU
Disconnect GPU and connect monitor directly to your motherboard
Remove hdd/ssd and use linux live cd/dvd/usb drive to boot.

Do a bench test.

CPU+MB+PSU - connect your monitor directly to motherboard, don't use GPU <remove it from your pcie slot> and remove everything else.
If it gives RAM error beep, go on and install RAM now. Before that clean RAM stick using pencil eraser.
Add one by one and see if you can find the culprit.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Check all the fans are spinning CPU/PSU/GPU
Disconnect GPU and connect monitor directly to your motherboard
Remove hdd/ssd and use linux live cd/dvd/usb drive to boot.

Do a bench test.

CPU+MB+PSU - connect your monitor directly to motherboard, don't use GPU <remove it from your pcie slot> and remove everything else.
If it gives RAM error beep, go on and install RAM now. Before that clean RAM stick using pencil eraser.
Add one by one and see if you can find the culprit.
Hey,
Sorry for replying late, tried everything as suggested, found out the culprit to be failing secondary hard drive (tried to check if motherboards ports are bad but they were ok) , the system only crashes when this drive is connected to the system. Now the issue is how do i retrieve the data without the system crashing, i guess im might have to say bye-bye to my data or get the external enclosure to retrieve my data
Thanks for the reply mate

Reactions: nac

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try live linux usb/cd to boot the system & see if you can copy the data from that hdd.Also just to be sure it is failing,run crystaldiskmark info free & post the screenshot of values here. There is a small chance that this may be because of some virus/malware in that hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom