2.1 Speakers around 1.5k budget

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am planning on getting a 2.1 speaker system for my PC.I am not much of a bass lover & prefer clarity & reproduction of sound as close to original sound source as possible(aka don't need enhanced bass or treble). I have selected Creative SBS A120 & F&D A110 but have no experience with either company though I have listened to some creative 2.1 speakers in past(don't remember model but it was years ago & model was cheapest one) & they sounded fine.

Any other options to consider.I may consider extending the budget a bit if it results in getting a significantly better model but not for a small improvement.

P.S. For reference I am currently using soundmagic ES18 earphones so speakers should at least match its performance.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I am planning on getting a 2.1 speaker system for my PC.I am not much of a bass lover & prefer clarity & reproduction of sound as close to original sound source as possible(aka don't need enhanced bass or treble). I have selected Creative SBS A120 & F&D A110 but have no experience with either company though I have listened to some creative 2.1 speakers in past(don't remember model but it was years ago & model was cheapest one) & they sounded fine.

Any other options to consider.I may consider extending the budget a bit if it results in getting a significantly better model but not for a small improvement.

P.S. For reference I am currently using soundmagic ES18 earphones so speakers should at least match its performance.
But how much you are willing to extend your budget?
Logitech Z333 2.1 Multimedia Speakers - Black

Last edited:
OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe ~300-400 rupees,only if I get a significant improvement(aka they sound much better than creative A120 or soundmagic ES18).I am not an audiophile & the sources are mostly going to be stereo(tv shows). Also it seems F&D after sales support is not much compared to creative which is important factor for me.

icebags

Technomancer
you cant compare headfones with speakers, they sound very different.and es18 is a bit bassy (but not too low bass) with less clarity on the higher side.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know but that's why I mentioned that I am using it as reference.If ES18 sound quality feels decent to me then it gives an idea about the kind of speakers I can also accept without fuss.e.g.If Creative SBS120 has decent bass & similar/more clarity than ES18 then it is enough for me.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I know but that's why I mentioned that I am using it as reference.If ES18 sound quality feels decent to me then it gives an idea about the kind of speakers I can also accept without fuss.e.g.If Creative SBS120 has decent bass & similar/more clarity than ES18 then it is enough for me.
Creative SBS120 is very bad

Minion

Conversation Architect
Maybe ~300-400 rupees,only if I get a significant improvement(aka they sound much better than creative A120 or soundmagic ES18).I am not an audiophile & the sources are mostly going to be stereo(tv shows). Also it seems F&D after sales support is not much compared to creative which is important factor for me.
Then get logitech one I have mentioned above.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is SBS 120 really that bad(comparing it to those iball/zebronics speakers)?One of my friend had the cheapest creative 2.1 years ago & they sounded just fine if I remember.Logitech Z333 means a direct jump to 2.5k price,is there nothing worth buying under 2k.

P.S. I dropped snapdeal as an option quite some time back,FK & Amazon(preferred) or offline shops only for this purchase.

icebags

Technomancer
SBS A series 2.1 systems are not that bad. they are not anywhere near audiophile level, but they do good enough job to separate bass from satellites and it sounds much better then normal 2 channel systems.

i had one SBS A, may be 10 years ago, forgot its number though. and it was ok. and the drivers are much better than any random cheap speakers. i still use those satellites to listen to mp3/usb etc.

but i would suggest you visit a logitech showroom & other computer showrooms and listen to both models if they have them displayed for demo.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Logitech2.1 models are currently not available on amazon(at least not reasonably priced) or FK.Any idea about models to try at offline stores for below 2k price range?

P.S. The only audio I have heard in last year are from my 32" led tv & soundmagic es18 earphones.

icebags

Technomancer
check FnD F-203G, ZEB-BT2490RUCF, F&D A110 .

it's difficult to tell, unless the actual user. problem with cheapo brand/model is that they may not last many years. especially the volume control catches dust or the cheapo electrolytic power caps give up. not that they can't be repaired, still.

another issue is they use 4 ohm drivers, which low power amps don't always like, and it puts stress on them a bit.

most of those above mentioned models should sound fine @ < 30-40% volume.

Last edited:
OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Online reviews suggest creative SBS120 is better than F&D A110 as far as voice clarity is concerned even if it is not as loud.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Is SBS 120 really that bad(comparing it to those iball/zebronics speakers)?One of my friend had the cheapest creative 2.1 years ago & they sounded just fine if I remember.Logitech Z333 means a direct jump to 2.5k price,is there nothing worth buying under 2k.

P.S. I dropped snapdeal as an option quite some time back,FK & Amazon(preferred) or offline shops only for this purchase.
Yes,They are that bad SBS 120 is 9 watts only and I have listened it. Its even sounds bad than likes of iball,Intex. Sadly most good brands had vanished from Indian market
Increase your budget by 1k and get logitech Z333 you won't regret I suggest you to get it locally amazon is overpriced

icebags

Technomancer
you simply wont get much volume from famous brands at 1.5k. if you want volume, then you may look out for ZEB-BT2490RUCF , iBall Raaga 2.1 Q9 etc. but at higher volume their sound will probably distort. and no comments on durability.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't need much volume.For reference I never played my 32" LED speakers(20W rms as per specification) above volume 9 when max goes to 60.

icebags

Technomancer
then you should ask for a demo of SBS 120, it's volume isn't much, but clarity would probably be better than any at <1.5k. bass lovers will hate it, but you will still get to hear low bass at low volume.

also, you should ask for a demo of logitech Z333, FnD F-203G & ZEB-BT2490RUCF with same song. then decide for yourself.

sohan_92

In the zone
I have bought Logitech z333 2.1 last month with 1.9k with offer from Amazon. The sound quality is good and loud with RMS 40 watt. Too bad it is unavailable now and Amazon has no idea when it will be in stock.

Top Bottom