Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
A Quiet Place 2018
Highly overrated movie. First half of this movie is good I will admit but the second half is just bad. It should never get anything above 5. How these movies are getting so high scores I don't understand. Those who rates this movie so high are either people who watches very less movies or paid reviewers.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

quan chi

mortal kombat
No need to be so negative,movies are highly subjective in nature.Just because a movie is highly rated but not liked by you does not necessarily make it a bad movie.
Sorry but did you even see the movie? I am sorry to say this but I am not being negative..I think you are over reacting. I had given 4 options out of that you had problem with the word "idiot" and have removed that and the words "below 18" too... I totally don't understand why? Especially whats wrong with below 18? (It has a pg-13 rating)

Everything in this world is highly subjective then...why limit it to the movies? If someone likes to kill other people just for fun (yeah he is harming other people but its fun for him & for people like him) then why people call him a psychopath & not a normal person? Because others think killing is not morally correct? or they fear that they can become his victim too one day?

Lastly I never called anybody an idiot or had any intention of disrespecting someone because majority of the people who finds this movie very good would fall into the other 3 categories.It was added just for humor (Which I think failed for some people).

I don't wan't to go off topic or argue. If you understood what I want to say then its good if you didn't then forget it I will not waste my time in giving further explanations.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That escalated quickly!
Dude @quan chi , chill out man. It seems it's you who is over reacting. Try to calm down and state your own views. If you start to justify, "ratings which other person give", then you are looking for some trouble. Are you? :D

It's a long time TDF had a fight, and I can leave you to your own devices and enjoy how it all plays out. Or we can have a civilized discussion about our common love towards movies. Choose one.

Edit: A Quiet Place. Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi. Looks like I will need to watch it.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
That escalated quickly!
Dude @quan chi , chill out man. It seems it's you who is over reacting. Try to calm down and state your own views. If you start to justify, "ratings which other person give", then you are looking for some trouble. Are you? :D

It's a long time TDF had a fight, and I can leave you to your own devices and enjoy how it all plays out. Or we can have a civilized discussion about our common love towards movies. Choose one.

Edit: A Quiet Place. Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi. Looks like I will need to watch it.
Yes you should watch.

After a long time I saw a good thrilling movie. Since I watched this in theatre I had better experience. It is recommended for people who liked Mist and cloverfield. I know a quiet place is different kind of movie but it did have same effect on me. Overall 7.5/10 imo.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry but did you even see the movie? I am sorry to say this but I am not being negative..I think you are over reacting. I had given 4 options out of that you had problem with the word "idiot" and have removed that and the words "below 18" too... I totally don't understand why? Especially whats wrong with below 18? (It has a pg-13 rating)

Everything in this world is highly subjective then...why limit it to the movies? If someone likes to kill other people just for fun (yeah he is harming other people but its fun for him & for people like him) then why people call him a psychopath & not a normal person? Because others think killing is not morally correct? or they fear that they can become his victim too one day?

Lastly I never called anybody an idiot or had any intention of disrespecting someone because majority of the people who finds this movie very good would fall into the other 3 categories.It was added just for humor (Which I think failed for some people).

I don't wan't to go off topic or argue. If you understood what I want to say then its good if you didn't then forget it I will not waste my time in giving further explanations.
Maybe your intention was not so but this is what you conveyed through your post,which is the only thing that matters online because unlike real life your writing is the only thing that represents your views. Same is the case with usage of the word "subjective" in written english,a movie review can be considered subjective but a criminal act can not be considered as subjective in written english.

As for humor,again it all depends on your written english. A poorly worded sentence(like the one you wrote) conveys whatever humor you intended in a poor taste. e.g. I would have written "this XYZ movie is highly overrated & perhaps the only people who liked this movie are those with low expectations from horror movies or below 18 generation not familiar with horror classics like The Exorcist,The Omen,the Shining etc."

icebags

Technomancer
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) - IMDb - 7.2/10

Work forced me to go Chennai for some days. Saw this movie there in AGS cinemas T.Nagar. It was enjoyable experience enough.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
T W O, two, two you say?!!!!

And I left movie without seeing the second one?
You left a marvel movie screening before seeing it to "THE END"?:))
You didn't miss anything though,it was just that big ant playing drums in Scott's house

P.S. I check for end credits on net in hall itself just after movie finishes but rule of thumb for marvel movies is to sit till the end.

icebags

Technomancer
there were 2 post credit scenes, but i soon forgot the 2nd one after i left the seat. 1st was quite relatable and i am eager to see what happens next.

however, leaving the seat before the screen goes off, when gone for a marvel movie is a crime. :D

Balabala

Broken In
THE WHOLE TRUTH.
This movie is all about dialogues,all very interesting and involving so much so that you can just watch the movie with eyes closed.With just 3 locations and 6 actors the director has given a fairly engaging movie.
Keanu reeves is one rare actor who looks better as he grows older.
The final knot in the plot sure would not have been predicted by anyone in the world even if its a bit unbelievable.
A must watch for court drama lovers.
3 out of 5 stars

Balabala

Broken In
IN SECRET
I love period films and this movie set in 1860s in paris is beautifully picturised.The cinematography,lighting,music are excellent.Each frame of the movie looks like a painting.The director has purposely kept it slow paced.Even though the movie is on extramarital affairs,there being plenty of opportunities for keeping love making scenes,the director like a gentleman has avoided even scenes showing body parts.The climax looks fittting to the story line.
3 out of 5 stars.

Top Bottom