Post your Speedtest results

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Looks like now it's everyday problem with Alliance BB for me only,

*i.imgur.com/fg9mekV.png

Almost impossible to browse any sites - all are loading and loading. Last Sunday I was totally disconnected from their network, Early Monday I'll be able to get back after booking the docket....from last night I was like this - booked complain to Alliance BB and they gave me the docket, later they called and after hearing this and when I told them that (1) I was directly connected via LAN cable and their is no Wi-Fi shit involved (2) and I restart several times my router before calling them they got quite disappointed, at the end they ask me to contact my local agent <<<<This is what I so afraid of>>>> Now I completely depend on this guy's mood.

Well let me share what happened 7 months ago when I shifted to this Alliance BB Connection, This agent guy was wanted to come home and collect monthly recharge from my home and we have to pay 800/- the recharge (767/- recharge and 33/- collection charge) as hinted to my parents, but when I took over the situation (Thanks to this forum) and asked him I will definitely be paying via online net banking he was so frustrated and goes away....(Please note I always talk nicely No curse or Bad Mouthing).

So now, I'm officially F -uped.

At first I'm getting 37 Mbps out of 40 Mbps to download speed, but when alliance increase the speed for my plan at 80 Mbps I get 20-25 Mbps only - I know I can't complain and I'm getting far more than my BSNL BB.

:emoji_cry::emoji_cry:Jio Giga Fiber:emoji_weary::emoji_scream:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

*i.imgur.com/fg9mekV.png

Almost impossible to browse any sites - all are loading and loading. Last Sunday I was totally disconnected from their network, Early Monday I'll be able to get back after booking the docket....from last night I was like this - booked complain to Alliance BB and they gave me the docket, later they called and after hearing this and when I told them that (1) I was directly connected via LAN cable and their is no Wi-Fi shit involved (2) and I restart several times my router before calling them they got quite disappointed, at the end they ask me to contact my local agent <<<<This is what I so afraid of>>>> Now I completely depend on this guy's mood.

Well let me share what happened 7 months ago when I shifted to this Alliance BB Connection, This agent guy was wanted to come home and collect monthly recharge from my home and we have to pay 800/- the recharge (767/- recharge and 33/- collection charge) as hinted to my parents, but when I took over the situation (Thanks to this forum) and asked him I will definitely be paying via online net banking he was so frustrated and goes away....(Please note I always talk nicely No curse or Bad Mouthing).

At first I'm getting 37 Mbps out of 40 Mbps to download speed, but when alliance increase the speed for my plan at 80 Mbps I get 20-25 Mbps only - I know I can't complain and I'm getting far more than my BSNL BB.

Your local agent/cable operator IS THE CULPRIT AS IT SEEMS.
In case of JiO Giga Fibre ,you still have to depend upon these fellows,as it is the system that works out everywhere,especially in West Bengal (Kolkata included).
Before going to ALLAIANCE BROADBAND ,I was keen in getting HATHWAY BB service. Just imagine guys what happened.
The Hathway cable link has stopped just short of my neighbourhood(two "para-s" a.k.a micro-neighbourhood) ahead,distance about 300mtrs from my House.
In those areas people(subscribers) are enjoying HATHWAY.

Our area (same neighbourhood ) cable operator guy SIMPLY REFUSED TO ALLOW HATHWAY TO ENTER. He sternly told the representative of HATHWAY and also to me,that he can't permit HATHWAY here. He is linked with Siti Cable BB service and ALLIANCE BB service.
Reason : His (f^&k-ing) wish.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Your local agent/cable operator IS THE CULPRIT AS IT SEEMS.
In case of JiO Giga Fibre ,you still have to depend upon these fellows,as it is the system that works out everywhere,especially in West Bengal (Kolkata included).

I Doubt though about Jio Fiber implementation depends on this guys and if that is the case either these guys are blown away or sucked into Jio.....I'm sure (or hope) Jio will operate as Telecom Company, unlike this small private player (Alliance / Hathway etc). As Ambani's dream to own Every Indian Household's Communications & Entertainment needs so one day he can rule the whole India, I strongly believe they will implement localize office / control room etc and some team to serve the customer...And I'm sure Customer Care will be more active and have real power to do stuff not just giving Docket Number to the affected customer and keep finger crossed (and pray to god) that local agent will solve the problem for them if he got any time (or mood) after lookout his primary business...(in my case DTP Center/Jumbo Xerox/Lamination/ I believe he also do Aadhar stuff too Plus Cable TV Connection).

Alliance BB Cust Care sitting @ South Kolkata and try to solve the problem at North 24 Parganas without any manpower of their own - This will definitely not be the Case for Jio Giga Fiber. BTW the whole day has gone I'm still at the same situation.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

I Doubt though about Jio Fiber implementation depends on this guys and if that is the case either these guys are blown away or sucked into Jio.....I'm sure (or hope) Jio will operate as Telecom Company, unlike this small private player (Alliance / Hathway etc). As Ambani's dream to own Every Indian Household's Communications & Entertainment needs so one day he can rule the whole India, I strongly believe they will implement localize office / control room etc and some team to serve the customer...And I'm sure Customer Care will be more active and have real power to do stuff not just giving Docket Number to the affected customer and keep finger crossed (and pray to god) that local agent will solve the problem for them if he got any time (or mood) after lookout his primary business...(in my case DTP Center/Jumbo Xerox/Lamination/ I believe he also do Aadhar stuff too Plus Cable TV Connection).

Alliance BB Cust Care sitting @ South Kolkata and try to solve the problem at North 24 Parganas without any manpower of their own - This will definitely not be the Case for Jio Giga Fiber. BTW the whole day has gone I'm still at the same situation.
Brother, in this case ditch ALLIANCE BB and use some USB 3G/4G data drive,or if you do have a JiOwifi (hotspot) device,simply use that. In case of PC's,you also need an addition micro-usb wi-fi receiver device. Laptops have inbuilt functioning.
Just wait for JiO Giga Fibre BB service to catch up in your area.
Just an advice.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Brother, in this case ditch ALLIANCE BB and use some USB 3G/4G data drive,or if you do have a JiOwifi (hotspot) device,simply use that. In case of PC's,you also need an addition micro-usb wi-fi receiver device. Laptops have inbuilt functioning.
Just wait for JiO Giga Fibre BB service to catch up in your area.
Just an advice.

hey thanks...I use Jio SIM for my alternate route to connect and I have two Jio hotspot at home (one is from the Amazon without sim card). If I never experienced Jio 4G till today I maybe stick to the BSNL BB (as Frog From the well)

I need some upload speed which Alliance BB provide me plenty, this is why I want to stick with Alliance BB as there is no other way.

BSNL 1199 plan offer 384 Kbps Uploads
Jio 4G Hotspot offer 9.5 Mbps (all the time in my place)
Alliance BB Offer 17.3 Mbps (Constant) <-- this is not possible to get in my place any other way.

In my area, I doubt Jio Giga will come anytime soon....maybe 2020, Once it starts the roll out they will concentrate on Saltlake (u will get soon as you live near) then Newtown and entire South /Central/North Kolkata, after that they may go other side of River Ganga Howrah etc.
After that they may offer here in North 24 Pgs.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

hey thanks...I use Jio SIM for my alternate route to connect and I have two Jio hotspot at home (one is from the Amazon without sim card). If I never experienced Jio 4G till today I maybe stick to the BSNL BB (as Frog From the well)

I need some upload speed which Alliance BB provide me plenty, this is why I want to stick with Alliance BB as there is no other way.

BSNL 1199 plan offer 384 Kbps Uploads
Jio 4G Hotspot offer 9.5 Mbps (all the time in my place)
Alliance BB Offer 17.3 Mbps (Constant) <-- this is not possible to get in my place any other way.

In my area, I doubt Jio Giga will come anytime soon....maybe 2020, Once it starts the roll out they will concentrate on Saltlake (u will get soon as you live near) then Newtown and entire South /Central/North Kolkata, after that they may go other side of River Ganga Howrah etc.
After that they may offer here in North 24 Pgs.
Hey! Not so early brother.
Let me look at their tariffs ,then I shall decide.
Not to mention,that I had to pay a hefty steep price on installing the network system.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

*i.imgur.com/fg9mekV.png

Your LAN cable from ISP is not getting enough power or the cable is damaged somewhere. Faced similar issue with an local ISP before. They sent one guy with laptop and on his laptop the ping was working flawlessly. But both on my router and pc the pings were showing frequent request timed out. After several talks with the ISP finally came to know my lan cable was not getting enough power and finally it was fixed.

After a year or so had to ditch that ISP anyway because of issues with local cable guy. Ditched both his cable and internet connection. Finally took connection from another ISP.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Your LAN cable from ISP is not getting enough power or the cable is damaged somewhere. Faced similar issue with an local ISP before. They sent one guy with laptop and on his laptop the ping was working flawlessly. But both on my router and pc the pings were showing frequent request timed out. After several talks with the ISP finally came to know my lan cable was not getting enough power and finally it was fixed.

After a year or so had to ditch that ISP anyway because of issues with local cable guy. Ditched both his cable and internet connection. Finally took connection from another ISP.

Thanks topgear for the input, good to know the fact beforehand - Thank You.

My problem now fixed and everything now working smoothly as before....And nobody came to my home and turn out as it is their own problem, but for this, I need to press hard push to the customer care of Alliance BB.

During my second call to the Alliance BB I constantly repeating 2-3 words 'Paying Customer' and 'Continues Recharge' and 'Line Dead For Days'....After this the same day my connection gets restored 4 hours later around 10 PM at night.

Below speed is via LAN cable to the router. (Amazon Basic CAT 7)

*www.speedtest.net/result/7492384693.png

Google Fiber Test

*i.imgur.com/nOgJ9xJ.png

Fast dot com

*i.imgur.com/sMojn6w.png

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Very pleased with my Alliance BB and the ethernet cable

*i.imgur.com/C0No3Oa.png

Download speed from Youtube

*i.imgur.com/5ICjXCV.png

PradeepSN

Broken In
Speed.png

kg11sgbg

*www.speedtest.net/result/7749499847.png
Alliance Broadband as of Today 26-10-2018; PRIME+ Plan

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
nowadays >50mbps has become very common good to see that
Only in speedtest results,practically & realistically it is still in minority.There are many 50/100mbps plans which can't even achieve 25mbps when downloading from a foreign server,of course youtube/google services/windows updates will work at max speed because of their CDN servers in India.Majority is still happy with their 1.5gb daily jio plan though.

Top Bottom