Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have been reading the Horus Heresy series. Taking a break for now to read the Eisenhorn trilogy.

Both of these series are set in the Warhammer 40k universe.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^haha
I have been reading the Horus Heresy series. Taking a break for now to read the Eisenhorn trilogy.

Both of these series are set in the Warhammer 40k universe.
Im in book 10 on Horus Heresy, but have been taking breaks to read other books... including Call of the Wild, Moby Dick, Manusmriti, The Nine Unknown, Consumed, and Quidditch through the Ages

My next book might be Sci-Fi

recent ones I liked include Lockstep (YA novel, very well written, it has realistic FTL... worlds go into stasis in sync while the ships traverse interstellar distances), Afterparty (its sci fi, but actually even if you dont like sci fi this is worth reading - it is about the near future where people can 3D print and invent drugs at their homes), Consumed (by David Cronenberg - director of The Fly, Existenz, Eastern Promises, Naked Lunch... very dark, cinematically written, goes into mundane details of regular stuff in an interesting manner - eg: tensions between gf and bf when they have the same brand of camera, and thus have to share the lenses), and the Three Body Problem (massive chinese army builds a computer out of the troops)

axes2t2

I am a cat
recent ones I liked include Lockstep (YA novel, very well written, it has realistic FTL... worlds go into stasis in sync while the ships traverse interstellar distances), Afterparty (its sci fi, but actually even if you dont like sci fi this is worth reading - it is about the near future where people can 3D print and invent drugs at their homes), Consumed (by David Cronenberg - director of The Fly, Existenz, Eastern Promises, Naked Lunch... very dark, cinematically written, goes into mundane details of regular stuff in an interesting manner - eg: tensions between gf and bf when they have the same brand of camera, and thus have to share the lenses), and the Three Body Problem (massive chinese army builds a computer out of the troops)

Thanks a lot..will try to get one of these.

Started Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Tell Tale : latest short story collection by Jeffrey Archer

*images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51LPsL6zjFL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

After probably a decade he's out with his latest short stories. Always enjoyed his short stories more than the novels.

Top Bottom