chimera201

Wise Old Owl
CX:
- 5 yrs warranty
- non modular
- hold up fails ATX spec
- 80+ Bronze efficiency
- Chinese caps present (less lifespan)
- sleeve bearing fan (less lifespan compared to TXM, RMx)

TXM:
- 7 yrs warranty
- semi modular
- all japanese caps
- hold up fails ATX spec
- 80+ Gold efficiency

RMx
- 10 yrs warranty
- fully modular
- all japanese caps
- hold up much longer than ATX spec
- 80+ Gold efficiency
- Quieter than CX and TXM

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks everyone for making me decide on a PSU. I would go ahead and order the PSU now, in hope that it reaches me in 3-4 days, in time for Open Beta of Crew 2. :D

(One more Chinese thing that I abandoned ;) )

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks everyone for making me decide on a PSU. I would go ahead and order the PSU now, in hope that it reaches me in 3-4 days, in time for Open Beta of Crew 2. :D

(One more Chinese thing that I abandoned ;) )
Ab ladki dhoondh fatafat and ask us for reviews ha ha

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I was able to order the PSU yesterday and today it got delivered. 2 days delivery from Kolkata! :shock:
But when I tried to replicate the issue one last time, I was not able to. Old PSU is now working!

Posted here:My Core i5, RX 480 PC rebooting when starting game, looks like PSU is culprit

Last edited:
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So in the end, even though I wasn't able to replicate the issue, I decided to remove the CX 430 V2 on the belief that it was dying.
Now my PC have TX 650M, ready to take a few more hardware upgrades in future.

Here's the pic of the PSU to close this thread.

*i.imgur.com/L7G86uO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/ztXC5Sk.jpg

Kitten for scale. xD

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Good choice! @ithehappy bought same model 2 weeks back from vedant so may be you can ask him for any more query or his experience.
I can't say about its performance really LoL, but its working all smooth, as it should. However I don't think I like this modular thingy. I mean with my old non-modular one my cable management was pretty good, but with this new semi-modular thing I just couldn't manage anywhere near the good cable management. For example the PCI-E cables come with additional attachment (for SLI I am sure) and that is neither too short nor too long to route through the rear side of the cabinet, so it stays in front with all components, really annoying to be honest. For sure I am not gonna look into this modular hype for my next PSU, whenever the day might come.

*photos.app.goo.gl/rLWzGBa15BLPCLg69

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The point of modular is not to attach cables which you don't need. But the existing cables are bound to be a problem be it in a modular or non modular. It's just that you got a PSU with cables that "was not the appropriate length for your requirement".

Edit: I think I didn't get point for the extra attachment that you get with PCIe for SLI. That should have been modular too. :p

Last edited:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I can't say about its performance really LoL, but its working all smooth, as it should. However I don't think I like this modular thingy. I mean with my old non-modular one my cable management was pretty good, but with this new semi-modular thing I just couldn't manage anywhere near the good cable management. For example the PCI-E cables come with additional attachment (for SLI I am sure) and that is neither too short nor too long to route through the rear side of the cabinet, so it stays in front with all components, really annoying to be honest. For sure I am not gonna look into this modular hype for my next PSU, whenever the day might come.

*photos.app.goo.gl/rLWzGBa15BLPCLg69

The cabinet does not have a vent in the bottom? The PSU fan should be facing downwards.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The cabinet does not have a vent in the bottom? The PSU fan should be facing downwards.
Lol of course it has. But the gap between the fan and floor wouldn't even be 1-inch, so faced it upwards this time around. All my previous setups had the PSU fan downwards.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
So in the end, even though I wasn't able to replicate the issue, I decided to remove the CX 430 V2 on the belief that it was dying.
Now my PC have TX 650M, ready to take a few more hardware upgrades in future.

Here's the pic of the PSU to close this thread.

*i.imgur.com/L7G86uO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/ztXC5Sk.jpg

Kitten for scale. xD

Nice pussy

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Lol of course it has. But the gap between the fan and floor wouldn't even be 1-inch, so faced it upwards this time around. All my previous setups had the PSU fan downwards.

A gap of even 1cm is enough as long as nothing is blocking the vent. Your current setup is actually worse for cooling. Also your issue with cable length is partially because the PSU is installed upside down. The cables would be closer to the back if installed the correct way.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
A gap of even 1cm is enough as long as nothing is blocking the vent. Your current setup is actually worse for cooling. Also your issue with cable length is partially because the PSU is installed upside down. The cables would be closer to the back if installed the correct way.
How my current system is 'worse' for cooling? Please explain. I asked on another forum before installing it, they advised to place the fan upwards!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hot air from PSU is blowing inwards towards your other components ? Especially directly towards your GPU ?
That GPU thing was the first I worried about. But the PSU fan is an intake one right? I mean it sucks air from outside? In that case it would be better indeed to place it downwards, as it will be able to suck the cold air of outside and remain cool. Facing the fan upwards will force it to suck the hot air from within the cabinet. And the inside of the cabinet will be pretty hot in typical Indian summer, goes without saying.

The folks on another forum said if the ground clearance is less than 1-inch from the PSU then better face it upwards.

Please mention if it's an intake fan or exhaust, if it's intake I think it's better to place it downwards, even with poor ground clearance it'll be able to suck the outside air. But if it's exhaust then no way I'm putting it downwards, as the hot air will simply bounce back from my cemented floor and goes right back into the PSU.

Do advise.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Good article:
Power Supply: Mounting Location And Chassis Selection - How To: Properly Plan And Pick Parts For An Air-Cooled PC, Part 1

billubakra

Conversation Architect
That GPU thing was the first I worried about. But the PSU fan is an intake one right? I mean it sucks air from outside? In that case it would be better indeed to place it downwards, as it will be able to suck the cold air of outside and remain cool. Facing the fan upwards will force it to suck the hot air from within the cabinet. And the inside of the cabinet will be pretty hot in typical Indian summer, goes without saying.

The folks on another forum said if the ground clearance is less than 1-inch from the PSU then better face it upwards.

Please mention if it's an intake fan or exhaust, if it's intake I think it's better to place it downwards, even with poor ground clearance it'll be able to suck the outside air. But if it's exhaust then no way I'm putting it downwards, as the hot air will simply bounce back from my cemented floor and goes right back into the PSU.

Do advise.
@gta5 @whitestar_999

Top Bottom