Wifi cctv

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

A friend of mine is looking for a wifi cctv camera for his home. Where he wants to place the same doesn't have any source of electricity, so he is looking for the one which is chargeable or operate on batteries. Also he doesn't want to insert any memory card, what he wants is live stream on his phone/laptop and record the same in his device. I found many on Amazon but all of them are chinese with no customer support in India. Please suggest a good one accordingly. Budget 2k-3k.

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
All such equipments are mainly chinese only even if they come with Indian brand name.Check major PC market in the city,I have seen some big shops selling CCTV in nehru place Delhi & depending on shopkeeper they might provide after sales support too.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
All such equipments are mainly chinese only even if they come with Indian brand name.Check major PC market in the city,I have seen some big shops selling CCTV in nehru place Delhi & depending on shopkeeper they might provide after sales support too.
Looking to buy one online. Keeping aside warranty and brand name, any suggestions?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Bought few from both online and offline sources but they sucked in a way or two. So, now he has changed the specs that he's looking for, a wifi cctc/webcam with sd card aupport in case of no wifi, live stream with wifi, power output possible with a powerbank, night vision.
@Vyom
Since you keep on buying these gadgets. Any advice?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I once bought this: Original Xiaomi Mijia XiaoFang Smart Home WIFI IP Camera 110 Degree 1080P FHD IR-cut Motion Detection Monitor
It's not that easy to setup since language is chinese. But I did manage to set it up such that I could access it using my Android phone. It was basic and "kaam chalau" at best.

Not sure if it should be used in a high stake environment. Should spend a respectable amount and buy a good product. Sadly I can't suggest any, since I just bought that chinese cam as a hobby.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I once bought this: Original Xiaomi Mijia XiaoFang Smart Home WIFI IP Camera 110 Degree 1080P FHD IR-cut Motion Detection Monitor
It's not that easy to setup since language is chinese. But I did manage to set it up such that I could access it using my Android phone. It was basic and "kaam chalau" at best.

Not sure if it should be used in a high stake environment. Should spend a respectable amount and buy a good product. Sadly I can't suggest any, since I just bought that chinese cam as a hobby.

Aha. It looks good but purchasing from foreign websites is a big no.
Budget upped to 5k. But requirements remain the same, wifi cctc/webcam with sd card support in case of no wifi, live stream with wifi, power output possible with a powerbank, night vision. Amazon/Flipkart has tons of them but I have never made a purchase of this kinda gadget before, did purchase few but had to return them all. In this budget can we get a reputed one? If one or two requirements are not fulfilled then I guess he will have to live with that.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have only bought that item from banggood.com. Not sure about other products on Amazon/Flipkart. Looks like you would need to read reviews and decide from that only. Or try to look on other cctv specialized forums, if any. :(

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@whitestar_999 @Vyom
Brothers how are these for the usages as mentioned above.

*www.amazon.in/Noise-Vlog-Sports-Action-Camera/dp/B07F2LG98T/ref=sr_1_2?m=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548153422&sr=1-2&keywords=B07HQGM35Z+|+B07F2LG98T+|+B00NU1CLQM+|+B07GT7Q2Q2+|+B07HCW67PM|+B07LB89N6P+|+B07F9VLL1D|B07GSVDFTQ|B07GTD4ZD9&refinements=p_6:A14CZOWI0VEHLG

vs

*www.amazon.in/SJCam-SJ4000-Wi-Fi-Action-Camera/dp/B00NU1CLQM/ref=sr_1_8?m=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548153422&sr=1-8&keywords=B07HQGM35Z+|+B07F2LG98T+|+B00NU1CLQM+|+B07GT7Q2Q2+|+B07HCW67PM|+B07LB89N6P+|+B07F9VLL1D|B07GSVDFTQ|B07GTD4ZD9&refinements=p_6:A14CZOWI0VEHLG

Which one is better? It should serve most of the things that he wants.
P.S. I think I misread the features. I thought we could connect it to wifi and then view the live feed on phone.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have the SJCam camera you linked. It's good. But I bought it for making moto vlog videos. Not used as security cam. Although it can be used as one.
I too don't have HDFC card though.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
SJCam looks better though Noise is Indian company so should have better support:
SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi Action Camera Review | Pevly
Noise play Vlog Action Camera Review - Happiness Creativity

Same here,no hdfc card.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I have the SJCam camera you linked. It's good. But I bought it for making moto vlog videos. Not used as security cam. Although it can be used as one.
I too don't have HDFC card though.
SJCam looks better though Noise is Indian company so should have better support:
SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi Action Camera Review | Pevly
Noise play Vlog Action Camera Review - Happiness Creativity

Same here,no hdfc card.

Thanks brothers. 2 queries-
1. The only difference which I was able to find was the 16mp vs 12mp camera. Is there any other major difference that I should keep in mind?
2. I think I misread the features. I thought we could connect it to wifi and then view the live feed on phone. But upon reading the features thoroughly we can just transfer files via wifi. @Vyom please shed some light on it and how many accessories did the SJcam one had in the box?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Megapixels doesn't matter. Sensor size matter. And for me even that doesn't matter since SJCam have pretty good reviews. I wouldn't bother to try out a new brand in this range. If I have the money I would buy GoPro without even thinking, but SJCam comes close. Although you can try to find reviews of Noise cam online. Not sure if it made some noise in the market or not for reviews to come out though.

Yes, I can connect the SJCam and by connecting the Cam with my phone I can stream the SJCam footage using the SJCam android app. But for this to work, I need to connect using the hotspot created by the camera itself. So at that moment, I can't use Internet on my phone since it will disconnect from the Wifi. So that seems tricky. As it can be seen, SJCam is not designed to function like a security camera.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Megapixels doesn't matter. Sensor size matter. And for me even that doesn't matter since SJCam have pretty good reviews. I wouldn't bother to try out a new brand in this range. If I have the money I would buy GoPro without even thinking, but SJCam comes close. Although you can try to find reviews of Noise cam online. Not sure if it made some noise in the market or not for reviews to come out though.

Yes, I can connect the SJCam and by connecting the Cam with my phone I can stream the SJCam footage using the SJCam android app. But for this to work, I need to connect using the hotspot created by the camera itself. So at that moment, I can't use Internet on my phone since it will disconnect from the Wifi. So that seems tricky. As it can be seen, SJCam is not designed to function like a security camera.

Thank you brother. How is the battery life if we are recording full HD content? 1 more difference Noise is 4K without mic whereas Sjcam is 1080p with mic.
About the bold part, it will only function in a limited area it seems. But like you said it is not made to act as a security camera.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thank you brother. How is the battery life if we are recording full HD content? 1 more difference Noise is 4K without mic whereas Sjcam is 1080p with mic.
About the bold part, it will only function in a limited area it seems. But like you said it is not made to act as a security camera.
4K is a gimmick. Not sure, but it should be. There is no benefit of 4k if it's full of "noise" (pun intended).
And if you want to keep the SJCam inside the protective case, then it's mic will also not be sufficient. (But security camera are not supposed to be recording audio anyway, from whatever I have seen).
I have not tested the battery life, but if you want to function it as security camera, you will need to provide it a power supply at all times anyway.
Yes, it seems it will work in limited area. Although you can also stream the SJCam footage using your laptop. (Or PC with wifi dongle).
Advantage of SJCam over Indian brand is the wide variety of support you can get online. Such as this article which says how to access the footage from PC: Remote SJCAM from PC
Or This: How did I do that?: Reverse engineering SJCAM4000 WiFi... well... kind of...
Or this: How to set up a Livestream from SJ4000 Wifi?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
4K is a gimmick. Not sure, but it should be. There is no benefit of 4k if it's full of "noise" (pun intended).
And if you want to keep the SJCam inside the protective case, then it's mic will also not be sufficient. (But security camera are not supposed to be recording audio anyway, from whatever I have seen).
I have not tested the battery life, but if you want to function it as security camera, you will need to provide it a power supply at all times anyway.
Yes, it seems it will work in limited area. Although you can also stream the SJCam footage using your laptop. (Or PC with wifi dongle).
Advantage of SJCam over Indian brand is the wide variety of support you can get online. Such as this article which says how to access the footage from PC: Remote SJCAM from PC
Or This: How did I do that?: Reverse engineering SJCAM4000 WiFi... well... kind of...
Or this: How to set up a Livestream from SJ4000 Wifi?

Thank you ordered one. Last question, how is the night mode, if there's any.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi @Vyom and @whitestar_999
The SJ 4000 is doing its job for my friend. Now he's looking for one more cam which has good night mode/low light recording (both audio and visual) and one which can stream live videos over wifi. All the other requirements are same as posted in this thread. The budget 10-15k. Can you please suggest some models?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bought few from both online and offline sources but they sucked in a way or two. So, now he has changed the specs that he's looking for, a wifi cctc/webcam with sd card aupport in case of no wifi, live stream with wifi, power output possible with a powerbank, night vision.
@Vyom
Since you keep on buying these gadgets. Any advice?

Bought this on Feb of this year for a friend. Initial setup took a bit of time but now working smoothly. With 64GB SD card you can record for 24 Hours * 30 Days. Capture quality is decent. Night mode and wifi hotspot mode of the camera works.

*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07DVND724/

BTW, The V380 app has FC issue on Asus phones but worked without any issues on Huawei phone - May be Chinese software tend to work great with Chinese Phone Manufacturer.

Top Bottom