Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Read somewhere that there have been no cuts for DP2 except a few cuss words have been muted. Is it true? Worth watching in multiplex? Or wait on streaming it?

Sent from my ASUS ME301T using Tapatalk

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Read somewhere that there have been no cuts for DP2 except a few cuss words have been muted. Is it true? Worth watching in multiplex? Or wait on streaming it?

Sent from my ASUS ME301T using Tapatalk
The censor board has improved a lot now.
No scenes were cut and no cuss words were muted. If that were then DP2 would have been a silent one.
Remember, DP2 released in India with 'A' rating. Even then, surprisingly they hid some cuss words in subtitles but not dialogs!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think 2-3 cuss words were muted(or played at very low volume).

Btw Cable's background story would have been much more epic had it been faithfully adapted from comics but then it is not possible without X-men.

Flash

Lost in speed
That’s right, the crack shot archer who was a no show in Avengers: Infinity War was at least represented in 2017 in the form of six baby boys. As weird as that sentence may be, that’s not a typo. Six babies were named Hawkeye in 2017.

Baby Names Based on Marvel Characters Surge in Popularity

:rofl:

Flash

Lost in speed
Baby Names Based on Marvel Characters Surge in Popularity

Imagine if this happened in India.

- Hawkeye Kapoor,
- Hawkeye Patel,
- Hawkeye Reddy,
- Hawkeye Babu,
- Hawkeye Kumar,
- Hawkeye Khan,
- Hawkeye Gupta,
- Hawkeye Mehra
- Hawkeye Iyer,
- Hawkeye Jain

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I saw the list. There were a lot of ASoIaF/GoT baby names as well. People actually named their baby grills Cersei, Olenna and even Benjen.

src

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Deadpool 2

The whole movie is a huge meta showroom, but in a good way. Also one of the best after credits scene.

8/10 will watch again.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Imagine if this happened in India.

- Hawkeye Kapoor,
- Hawkeye Patel,
- Hawkeye Reddy,
- Hawkeye Babu,
- Hawkeye Kumar,
- Hawkeye Khan,
- Hawkeye Gupta,
- Hawkeye Mehra
- Hawkeye Iyer,
- Hawkeye Jain

Already happened in India.
There is one village in North East (I guess in Assam) where people are named based on famous celebrity,places,cartoon characters etc.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Thoroughbreds - This is good WTF movie. Very weird but beautiful. Do check the song 'Sila' by the group 'A tribe called Red'.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hichki 5/10

Mostly based on the book "To sir with love".
Killed by melodrama and saved by Rani Mukherjee.

Gurgaon (Netflix) 7/10

Dark but slow. Pankaj Tripathi is underused.
Not sure why but reminded me of Hungry

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
donno... how? is there something like that in comics? seems a totally new character for movie

he seems borderline love interest for Deadpool

Saw Solo
non stop action. Like car chase, battlefield, sky train robbery, gambling, interplanetary heist, robot/slave revolution, roll credits. Like almost Fury Road levels of exhilaration.
first SW movie without a Skywalker, and it shows how even scruffy nerf herders played a significant role in shaping the politics of the galaxy
also, seems like plenty of loose ends to show a sequel
Donno why the theatre was empty though.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Tomb Raider (2018)
Booooring very boooring, bland & bad first half then it picks a bit but never gets interesting. As a tomb raider fan I am completely disappointed.The starting of the story (this movie is based on the story from the first game (reboot) with few changes in it) is somewhat similar to Tomb raider then in the middle it borrows few elements from RotTR then towards the climax the story turns to Uncharted 2.:rofl: This movie does not feels like a tomb raider movie. I would say Angelina jolie movies were better. The problem with the story is they paid very less attention to it, It is not at all appealing.The characters are just bland and are not at all interesting. In short if you are not a fan then you may try it.

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Tomb Raider (2018)
Booooring very boooring, bland & bad first half then it picks a bit but never gets interesting. As a tomb raider fan I am completely disappointed.The starting of the story (this movie is based on the story from the first game (reboot) with few changes in it) is somewhat similar to Tomb raider then in the middle it borrows few elements from RotTR then towards the climax the story turns to Uncharted 2.:rofl: This movie does not feels like a tomb raider movie. I would say Angelina jolie movies were better. The problem with the story is they paid very less attention to it, It is not at all appealing.The characters are just bland and are not at all interesting. In short if you are not a fan then you may try it.
i watched the movie today and i somewhat liked it havent seen much of its older movies tho but played both the latest games saw only 1st old movie ,yeah you are right the movie was kinda mixed its wasnt like linear like games things keep changing inbetween and come back They tried to include the tomb rider props the claw and it felt that it was forcefully put in the movie didnt like the actress the one in the game is pretty hot compare to her

a_medico

Chillum Baba
They remain - A treat for those who love slow, atmospheric horror/thriller. Others might find it boring. Rated just 4 on imdb but was strong 8 for me.

Top Bottom