I want to buy a assembled PC the next month (may,2018) . My budget is tight 30k

Rishi2.0

Broken In
As this will be my first pc so I don't have much knowledge, but for the past few weeks I am continuously researching on this topic. But after viewing all YouTube videos and reading all articles, honestly I am confused.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: ms word , Ms Excel, tally erp9, e mail, net surfing, watch YouTube and also some games like cod mw3, nfs most wanted , mid level games offcouse (like to try some latest games if possible)
Watch Hd movies, listen music.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: my budget is tight. It's Rs. 30000 (Thirty thousand only)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Don't know what that means.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7, 8, or 10 if possible.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1Tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
I don't have a monitor. I want to buy a 18.5inch ( hd) monitor , will be good I think.

7)Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I don't have any components. This is my first desktop PC .

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: next month (i.e may 2018)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, done by an assembler
Cuz if the system won't start My father and will kill me.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: jorhat, Assam, India. Yes I am buying locally
I will buy offline. From a computer shop.
11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: yes..

a)Wha are smps and psu?
Are these the same? I know smps are those black box with a fan.. I have seen it in Amazon. But don't know what is psu. Another component??

b)The system should have wifi, so that I could provide hotspot from my mobile .

C) also like to buy Ups and speakers if it fits in my budget.

Thank you

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -31K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8000,
Asus Prime B320M-K -4800,
Crucial Desktop 4GB 2400Mhz -3000,
Corsair CX 450 -3300,
Antec VSK 4000B -2200,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -2900,
AOC I2080SW 20" LED IPS -6000,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -31,000.

All components prices are taken from www.mdcomputers.in

PCI Wifi adapter -*www.amazon.in/TP-LINK-TL-WN881ND-Wireless-Express-Low-profile/dp/B0079XWMEI

APC BX600C-IN 600VA UPS -*www.amazon.in/APC-BX600C-600VA-230V-Back/dp/B016XVRKZM,

Logitech Z333 2.1 Speakers -*www.amazon.in/Logitech-Z333-Sound-Speaker-System/dp/B01MDVKG6U.

All the above products prices are from amazon.in

a)Wha are smps and psu?
Are these the same? I know smps are those black box with a fan.. I have seen it in Amazon. But don't know what is psu. Another component??
b)The system should have wifi, so that I could provide hotspot from my mobile .
C) also like to buy Ups and speakers if it fits in my budget.
Thank you

a) SMPS & PSU are the same,
b) You need to buy a PCI wifi adapter to enable it on your desktop,
c) UPS & speakers cannot be fit in the budget of 30k, you need to extend your budget.

Last edited:

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Budget -31K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8000,
Corsair CX 450 -3300,
Antec VSK 4000B -2200,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -31,000.

Nice configuration. Would like to add some pointers to further bring down the budget:

1. A Gigabyte motherboard (like Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H) instead of Asus (costlier brand).
2. Antec BP450S or Corsair VS450 instead of CX series.
3. Maybe a cheaper monitor (like Aoc E970SWN5).

Savings: 3.5-4k.

OP
Rishi2.0

Rishi2.0

Broken In
Budget -31K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8000,
Corsair CX 450 -3300,
Antec VSK 4000B -2200,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -31,000.

PCI Wifi adapter -*www.amazon.in/TP-LINK-TL-WN881ND-Wireless-Express-Low-profile/dp/B0079XWMEI

APC BX600C-IN 600VA UPS -*www.amazon.in/APC-BX600C-600VA-230V-Back/dp/B016XVRKZM,

Logitech Z333 2.1 Speakers -*www.amazon.in/Logitech-Z333-Sound-Speaker-System/dp/B01MDVKG6U.

c) UPS & speakers cannot be fit in the budget of 30k, you need to extend your budget.
Nice configuration. Would like to add some pointers to further bring down the budget:

1. A Gigabyte motherboard (like Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H) instead of Asus (costlier brand).

thank you for that

OP
Rishi2.0

Rishi2.0

Broken In
Budget -31K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8000,
Corsair CX 450 -3300,
Antec VSK 4000B -2200,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -31,000.

Thanks sir, you cleared my confusion.

OP
Rishi2.0

Rishi2.0

Broken In
Are AMD processors long lasting?
And I heard someone said , AMD processors gets hot quickly n consumes more power.

Are these rumours true??

And are these processors good if I do some gaming ?

Just clearing my doubt..

chetansha

In the zone

Pls don't suggest vs series just cos it's cheaper. If you value your hardware buy cx or tx or anything else.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

chetansha

In the zone
Are AMD processors long lasting?
And I heard someone said , AMD processors gets hot quickly n consumes more power.

Are these rumours true??

And are these processors good if I do some gaming ?

Just clearing my doubt..
Yes long lasting and easy to upgrade. No. The heat thing is a lie being propagated by Intel .

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Pls don't suggest vs series just cos it's cheaper. If you value your hardware buy cx or tx or anything else.

Yes, VS is lower in quality but its stll a good PSU offering better savings. For this hardware, VS is more than enough.
Note: Its almost 2 years and VS is still rocking my 1060 GTX equipped system ;)

@Rishi2.0 heating issues is like 15-20 yrs old news. In 2018, Ryzen is the way to go bro!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, VS is lower in quality but its stll a good PSU offering better savings. For this hardware, VS is more than enough.
a PSU is the heart of any computer system and saving on it to get another better component could be a real bad idea. get atleast CX 450 and they come with 5 years of warranty.

OP
Rishi2.0

Rishi2.0

Broken In
a PSU is the heart of any computer system and saving on it to get another better component could be a real bad idea. get atleast CX 450 and they come with 5 years of warranty.

That's right too.
This is my first pc. So I don't wanna risk it.

OP
Rishi2.0

Rishi2.0

Broken In

@Rishi2.0 heating issues is like 15-20 yrs old news. In 2018, Ryzen is the way to go bro!

Thanks for clearing my doubt.
And Thank you for your suggestion too ,bro.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for clearing my doubt.
And Thank you for your suggestion too ,bro.
Get Antec VP 450 for 2600 Instead of Corsair CX450 These are both 80 plus certified but Antec is cheaper
Antec GX505(ANTEC GX505 Black Mid Tower Cabinet (Atx) - With Transparent Side Panel) Instead of Antec VSK400B

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Get Antec VP 450 for 2600 Instead of Corsair CX450 These are both 80 plus certified but Antec is cheaper

antec vp450p falls behind cx450. Also 5 years of warranty on cx series makes it a viable option over vp450p. cx is costlier since it is bronze certified and that costs. also newer cx series is way better built from some the reviews I have read.
and regarding my experience with vp450p(I owned one), it failed first time in 2yrs and 2 months, got a new piece since I had extended warranty and that again failed after 2 yrs and some 6 months. so I would strongly suggest cx450 .

Minion

Conversation Architect
antec vp450p falls behind cx450. Also 5 years of warranty on cx series makes it a viable option over vp450p. cx is costlier since it is bronze certified and that costs. also newer cx series is way better built from some the reviews I have read.
and regarding my experience with vp450p(I owned one), it failed first time in 2yrs and 2 months, got a new piece since I had extended warranty and that again failed after 2 yrs and some 6 months. so I would strongly suggest cx450 .
My CX430 died in 3 year taking out my motherboard and once warranty is over corsair will refuse to repair it

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
My CX430 died in 3 year taking out my motherboard and once warranty is over corsair will refuse to repair it

there were bad units from cx series(green labelled one -some 2014-2016 models I think) and you can see many threads on internet. currently they have grey labelled one and from reviews it is way better built and have 5 years of warranty.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Antec GX505(ANTEC GX505 Black Mid Tower Cabinet (Atx) - With Transparent Side Panel) Instead of Antec VSK400B

Efficiency rating doesn't tell you about quality of PSU..

Look at internal components , which is why corsair is giving 5 years warranty

You are paying more for cx 450 but you are getting much more value and long life out of it...

Main question is , enough for how long ?

Which is better ? pay 2.3k now and get 2-3 years life out of it. . or pay 3.3k and get 5-6 years life out of it.. And you can still use your psu in your next PC when you upgrade if it's decent quality..

Most importantly - there is a big risk always when a psu dies , you may get lucky and nothing happens and PSU dies peacefully or you get unlucky and PSU kills your GPU / motherboard / hard disk along with it .. Like it happened with minion as mentioned by him in previous post...
In many cases it is not instant but happens slowly over long period of time with high ripple , and you wouldn't know/suspect that it was the psu that was responsible in those cases for accelerating damage of other components because you can't test it at home but psu would appear to be working fine externally

With lower quality psu that risk increases a lot more as their expected longevity decreases and quality is inconsistent ...

The new VS white label is ok if budget is super tight , but last I checked a month ago it wasn't available yet here.. But still just the increased quality/warranty of cx 450 makes it a no brainer if you can push the budget a little bit .. Totally worth it

Last edited:
Top Bottom