Need Advice On Ryzen 2nd Gen DDR4 Ram Comppatibility on Gigabyte x470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

bozx

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Old pc of 11 years is dead. So upgrading Selected components. Lite gaming (simulation) and some video editing and general Multimedia.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 6 - 7.5K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes but not much.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I already have.

1x 120 GB Samsung EVO
1x Seagate 1 TB 7200
1x Western Digital 2 TB Blue
1x Western Digital 2 TB Red

Additionally have 4 TB External Silicon Power

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have it.

DELL UltraSharp U2414H

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:HDD
PSU : Corsair VX450
CABINET : NZXT Gama
GRAPHICS CARD : Zotac 1050Ti OC 4GB

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By 10th Of May

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes i have good Experience.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I will be buying all Online. Preferably from MDComputers

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have selected the processor and motherboard. I am confused with the ram compatibility for AMD Ryzen based boards.

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard : Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

Ram :
1. 8 GB single Stick only for now.
2. Preference is 2400 MHZ
3. Little tight Timings CL15 or CL16 if possible
4. From either of the brands Corsair or G Skill
5. Read somewhere ryzen loves Samsung chips more than hynix or micron if that is true with x470.

Thank you everyone.

OP
bozx

bozx

Broken In
Thank you guys for the replies. Finally setteled for 16GB ram from G Skill Flare X which is supposed to work with Ryzen 100%.

Before making the buying i did called MD, they told me, the ram issues has been resolved in the new X470 Chipset, so i can choose any ram of my liking, but on pressing more for compatibility the reply was not so assuring.

So started looking for GSkill Flare X ram. Only Amazon and Primeabgb had the listing. The cheapest possible kit was only available in primeabgb. So i went for it and took the whole package from them only. Alas no discounts where offered to me.

Ram Selected: Buy Online | G.Skill Flare X F4-2400C16D-16GFX RAM | Price in India

Hopefull they ship it by today.

*i.imgur.com/rGc4Q1e.png

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats :)

But are you going to overclock heavily for light gaming , some video editing and general multimedia ?

If not , then why x470 motherboard for Rs 13,600 with 6 core processor ? A good quality b350/450 board for 8k or so would have been ok and saved you money ..

Last edited:

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
Where do u live ? If you have received the ordered items , how good is prime's packaging ??

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom