Dark Souls PC

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Prepare to pay full price. It seems there is no discount.
Read more here - Bandai Namco on Dark Souls PC remaster: 'There is no discount' | PC Gamer

Feels bad man
*media.breitbart.com/media/2016/10/sad-pepe-640x480.jpg
Who'd be so cruel as to make a joke about this?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like there won't be much changes w.r.t. movement mechanics etc to the remaster. Won't even be a new engine.

However, some improvements that we can expect are:
- Password matchmaking.
- Dedicated servers.
- 6 player PvP.

Other than this no other details about balancing fixes or changes in level design.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Discount confirmed on the remaster for people who previously owned Prepare To Die edition on PC : FROMSOFTWARE on Twitter

Looks like it will be 50% discount. Also, looks like Prepare To Die edition will be delisted sometime after launch of the Remaster.

Gameplay trailer:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, PTDE will get delisted after a while and this will be the only way to play Dark Souls 1 in the future. But yes, online PvP will be more active in the remaster, so if you like PvP then you will enjoy it.

As for the graphics improvement, it is not confirmed that the graphics will be the same after launch. Most of the preview builds are not final build. Only after release we will know if there are any graphics improvement.

Edit: Plus, they are adding a lot more improvements, such as easier way to switch covenants without having to trek hundreds of kilometers to do this. Also, like DS3, long holding the up or down buttons will select the first item in the items list. Also, resizable UI.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like they have not fixed a lot of bugs from the original game. Chain backstabs are still a thing. Also no omnidirectional rolling.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
599 after discount.

I bought because I am a sucker.

Edit: Looks like regional pricing is in effect, I could be wrong though.

Top Bottom